Knight of God

KoG Is Obsessed With Safeties

36 posts in this topic

Well, maybe because i'm a Florida Gator homer I WANT CJ HENDERSON.  Make him a FS and let him read the QBs eyes.  I know there are other prospects (who you got fellas).

capologist likes this

1 hour ago, KCFalcon22 said:

Well, maybe because i'm a Florida Gator homer I WANT CJ HENDERSON.  Make him a FS and let him read the QBs eyes.  I know there are other prospects (who you got fellas).

I actually like Henderson as a R2 pick as well. Pretty sticky corner. 

KCFalcon22 likes this

Just now, runshoot said:

Speaking of players playing in the right scheme and position. Kazee lead the league in INTs at FS. So what do we do? The most Falcon thing, take a succeeding guy, and move him and replace him with a guy coming off injury.

They gave the man what he asked for. I know I know, it's the coaches responsibility to put the player where he says they need to be but Kazee got what he asked for. 

VTCrunkler likes this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

They gave the man what he asked for. I know I know, it's the coaches responsibility to put the player where he says they need to be but Kazee got what he asked for. 

Thanks for the heads up. I wonder if KAzee asked to move to slot because he knew he would be benched behind Rico... 

7 minutes ago, runshoot said:

Speaking of players playing in the right scheme and position. Kazee lead the league in INTs at FS. So what do we do? The most Falcon thing, take a succeeding guy, and move him and replace him with a guy coming off injury.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

16 minutes ago, runshoot said:

Rico ain't it, but Kazee isn't either imho. Rico would actually be great in a nickel/rotational safety role. Still, we could use an infusion of game changing talent. We've drafted what, maybe two safeties in the first couple of rounds since TD got here? I'm more of a LBs guy - Debo is the only truly good LB we've drafted OR brought in via FA in a decade plus and it feels like TD just went, "aight we good, let's throw everything at the OL."

This is an organizational issue.

1 hour ago, A-TowN.- said:

I actually like Henderson as a R2 pick as well. Pretty sticky corner. 

Do you think he will last until the 2nd...I’m thinking he could be gone between 17-32.

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Funny what happens when you get a player playing in the right scheme. Peters looked like a straight bust of a trade with the Rams because he didn’t fit what Wade wanted to do. Will probably be considered a top 5 corner again by the end of the year 

He will be what he always was. A playmaker who gives up the big play when he bites and misses.

The Ravens have the safeties though to help him.

34 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

He will be what he always was. A playmaker who gives up the big play when he bites and misses.

The Ravens have the safeties though to help him.

The only way to be aggressive in the secondary is safeties the opposition fears

Osiruz, Spts1, vel and 3 others like this

2 hours ago, KCFalcon22 said:

Do you think he will last until the 2nd...I’m thinking he could be gone between 17-32.

Yeah I think he can last until then. Players like Fulton, Okudah, Adebo, and Terrell could go ahead of him. Either way I think a very solid corner falls to us in the second. 

Our second round pick will likely be between 35-40 range. 

KCFalcon22 likes this

As much as I love me some good safety play, if it's not Delpit, fix the front seven first. If they can get Chase Young, that's a home run. If not, give me Derrick Brown before going secondary. The odds of us drafting in the top 5 again are low, so get the game changing talent up front first. I'm a big believer in your LB play as the true changer in defense's. Good defenses have legit LBs. I'd be willing to go with a Chase Young/Dylan Moses pair if Moses comes out. 

7 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Well, so are the Ravens. They always make sure they have that position squared away. Then they have Peters and Humphries as well. It helps. More than the Falcons FO seem to realize.

Safeties are the most important defenders on a defense.  I played safety. Anytime I do a simulation for college or pro ball, whether its drafting, recruting, safety is the very first position I scout...

ya_boi_j and Knight of God like this

1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

True the only thing is Peter's does it with or without help. He will get 5ints but give up 7 tds

Honestly I'd take that for some strange reason that I can't put in words right now

Ovie_Lover likes this

Safties bring the hammer. However with the new Arena League, puss catore rules the NFL has implemented it has taken away the need for a true hard hitter. Keanu Neal was awesome and one of Quinn's GOOD PICKS.