Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roguebeaver

What SHOULD have been! Epitaph to The Falcons!

12 posts in this topic

So excited, so full of hope, and elation for the future of this franchise and its’ fan base! A godsend of an owner, a savior of a QB and the angel of the best WR 11 to put on the cleats!! It all came to a resounding end today! The chosen one, Coach Dan Quinn, from the upper regions of the US NE, via the Uber liberal Great NW, sealed his fate today, by banking on the ultra rich footballers employed by Arthur Blank of the Atlanta Falcons! In brotherhood he shall perish! 

This team could and should have been Champions, but, for a missed block, a holding penalty, an ill advised slew of pass happy plays, sealed the fate of this town in the 28-3 debacle! And, brings us to this point, today!

So, now, again, a start over is required, a new regime is mandated, and the chopping block and ax is mandated! 

Arthur, get on with the needful and apply the salve this team needs, and employ those that have the ability to get what we need!

You fans base requires you act, and do so with extreme prejudice! Your PSL money and Season Ticket Holders demands it!! 

Why wait?!!

Osiruz likes this

That catch Julio made on sideline during 51 was the high water mark for generations of futility.   My dad would’ve been on cloud 9.   Then to have it all destroyed within minutes in the most falconesque way possible.  I thank God he wasn’t here to endure this.   For those who can blindly follow/support this hapless org through all the thin I truly admire you to the point of jealousy.   Personally I’m sickened that a major sports community has such a pathetic representation by our team on the national stage year end year out.  Sickening!

7 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

That catch Julio made on sideline during 51 was the high water mark for generations of futility.   My dad would’ve been on cloud 9.   Then to have it all destroyed within minutes in the most falconesque way possible.  I thank God he wasn’t here to endure this.   For those who can blindly follow/support this hapless org through all the thin I truly admire you to the point of jealousy.   Personally I’m sickened that a major sports community has such a pathetic representation by our team on the national stage year end year out.  Sickening!

My friend, I feel your pain and sorrow! You are a true falcon breathern!

On 10/20/2019 at 11:35 PM, roguebeaver said:

My friend, I feel your pain and sorrow! You are a true falcon breathern!

It’s our legacy.  Some folks have “title towns”.......us.......we have (besides ‘95 braves) the pit of never ending misery!  

Diggable Birds and roguebeaver like this

On 10/20/2019 at 10:48 PM, caponine said:

in english?? 

The OP is saying that all we are seeing today is a direct result of the blown lead in 51. We're still in a tailspin from that event from a mental perspective and have yet to hit bottom. Sort of PTSD'ish.

And he's also saying we need to start over from ground zero in order to get better. GM, Coach, QB, everything.

And he's exactly right on both those points. I saw this before in '80.

On 10/30/2019 at 1:59 PM, Godzilla1985 said:

What the **** are you on this time?

I think when he was an infant, his mom slapped a nipple on a 40 bottle and called it good.