I Even Bleed Red

I'm on the trade Julio and keep Sanu bandwagon

88 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, NYCFalc said:

We literally can’t afford to trade Julio. But let’s talk about it anyway.

You all who understand the cap -- is there no way to offload his massive signing bonus onto the trade partner?

55 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

@I Even Bleed Red

What's the plan for the nearly 70 million in dead cap penalty that trading Julio creates?

Who else are you going to cut/trade in order to get under the cap that doesn't create more penalties?

Drink more beer and complain about the trade. 

Sun Tzu 7 likes this

Just now, DogIsYourName said:

You all who understand the cap -- is there no way to offload his massive signing bonus onto the trade partner?

It’s not MLB. Sure you can get creative to certain extent but it won’t be easy and no team will take that hit for a WR. There is better chance of offloading Ryan, that won’t be easy either but may be some team will bite..

Just now, falcons007 said:

It’s not MLB. Sure you can get creative to certain extent but it won’t be easy and no team will take that hit for a WR. There is better chance of offloading Ryan, that won’t be easy either but may be some team will bite..

Thanks. I am just curious what the options actually are.  I agree that we 99.99% certainly won't be trading Julio or Ryan.  But when people say we CANT because of dead money -- I just wonder if there are ways to pass the dead money to the next team.

5 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

In short no.

Future unpaid bonuses and salaries can be offloaded to another team if they agree to it.

Money that you have already paid the player counts on your cap.  There's no way around that.

DogIsYourName likes this

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Exactly lol. Side note Ramsey showed yesterday exactly what I said about him. He ain’t shutting down elite guys. He gets bailed by bad throws and help. 

Terrible...terrible trade for the Rams. 

ya_boi_j and falcons007 like this

1 minute ago, DogIsYourName said:

Thanks. I am just curious what the options actually are.  I agree that we 99.99% certainly won't be trading Julio or Ryan.  But when people say we CANT because of dead money -- I just wonder if there are ways to pass the dead money to the next team.

If you trade Matt Ryan next offseason the falcons won’t have dead money if a team agrees to take a cap hit of 58 M next year for Ryan. Now It is different story 3 years from now. 

31 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

If you trade Matt Ryan next offseason the falcons won’t have dead money if a team agrees to take a cap hit of 58 M next year for Ryan. Now It is different story 3 years from now. 

These fools keep saying trade Ryan.  He’s literally the best thing that has happened to this franchise.  But, let’s say the haters keep saying trade him.  If he is as bad as the haters are claiming, what team would invest picks and all that money in him?  Just stupid talk.

me4falcons and falcons007 like this

10 minutes ago, coastiemike said:

These fools keep saying trade Ryan.  He’s literally the best thing that has happened to this franchise.  But, let’s say the haters keep saying trade him.  If he is as bad as the haters are claiming, what team would invest picks and all that money in him?  Just stupid talk.

What's stupid is that you didn't notice he was being used as an example in regards to guaranteed monies. Carry on raging though.

I get what you're saying OP. One thing to consider though is ticket sales. I doubt many fans buy tickets to go see Sanu. I'm willing to bet many people buy tickets to see Julio. Of course nobody is buying tickets to this dumpster fire right now so maybe this doesn't really apply.

me4falcons likes this

25 minutes ago, coastiemike said:

Yeah. Losing tends to bring blow up everything crowd. No owner is gonna make moves with a lame duck HC. The next HC/GM will decide what they want to do.

15 minutes ago, NYCFalc said:

What's stupid is that you didn't notice he was being used as an example in regards to guaranteed monies. Carry on raging though.

That doesn’t change what he stated. It’s as relevant to Ryan as to Julio. 

If we were a playoff caliber team having Julio at his salary makes sense. Paying a Reciever 20 mill a year when you can't block, tackle, punt, kick, cover, or run the ball seems silly at this point. Julio is still performing so it's the right time to sell high on him. Dude has what, 3 prime years at the very, very most left? It'll take us 2 years at least to get back into the playoff picture. 

DogIsYourName likes this

13 hours ago, 4LoveoftheGame said:

Julio needs to stay a Falcon

Julio needs to restructure and extend and take a pay cut. He is over paid period. He nor matt Ryan, nor trufant, nor freeman are worth what they make. Until TD stops overpaying players, and reaching on draft pick the falcons will never  be relevant again. We talk about the patriot way but bellichek never over pays players not even brady. He will also trade a player coming up on a contract renewal if they don’t accept a reasonable offer and get back draft picks which he uses to reload. It’s funny the nfl is a copy cat league but no one ever figures this part out.