I Even Bleed Red

I'm on the trade Julio and keep Sanu bandwagon

88 posts in this topic

Preface: I like Julio and he's one of the best WRs in the league. But hear me out now.

Premise: Let's compare players to Stocks. IF that's true, it doesn't make sense for anyone, especially the owner, of such stocks to be emotionally invested. Because investments GENERALLY give up the best dividends (or returns) when they're not picked "intuitively" but rather based on cold hearted decisions. 

Concept: There is a difference between Price and Value = > while these are generally directly related, they are NOT the same things! In fact, sometimes can even be indirectly related.  

Some "stocks" (players) are overpriced. They are still great players! GREAT players, who contribute A LOT individually but they take AWAY from the team as a WHOLE. 

Similarly, some players (stocks) are undervalued. They are great "deals" for the TEAM overall.

Or vice versa. 

Example: Julio Jones is overpriced, Mohammed Sanu is undervalued. 

Both statements are true. 

Conclusion: Keeping Sanu, who's a VERY GOOD receiver and getting a lot more for Julio (who is a great receiver), than we would for Sanu ---> best returns for the TEAM. 

Yeah I said it! Come at me bros! :munch:

Edited by I Even Bleed Red

Just now, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

I agree that trading Julio for value should be considered, while it's ironic that someone (SF) reportedly wants to trade for Sanu.

KS recognizes high value for the right price when he sees it. He's not emotional. We both know Sanu would be a killer under KS. 

Just now, I Even Bleed Red said:

KS recognizes high value for the right price when he sees it. He's not emotional. We both know Sanu would be a killer under KS. 

Tevin definitely is.

It sounds crazy, but I agree with this. With the right OC and QB the pieces become much more interchangeable. Look at what Rogers is doing in GB with a coach he believes in and no name receivers. Ridley, Sanu, Hooper is a formidable group. The Julio trade would be the exact thing we need to jumpstart picks for the rebuild that is absolutely necessary. It would be a very New England thing to do.

12 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

If they were gonna go that route, it should have been done before this season and giving him another monster deal.

He can’t be traded. It’s not hard to understand.

4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

He can’t be traded. It’s not hard to understand.

Yes, he could have been. They could have traded him in the off season.  If that's what they wanted to do, it should have been done then.

26 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Critique? It’s not worth. I mean there is cap, there are rules, I can list million reasons why this is dumb..

You don't have any ideas of your own, you stupid $h!tbag. You just emotionally attached to a player.  

26 minutes ago, since68andcounting said:

It sounds crazy, but I agree with this. With the right OC and QB the pieces become much more interchangeable. Look at what Rogers is doing in GB with a coach he believes in and no name receivers. Ridley, Sanu, Hooper is a formidable group. The Julio trade would be the exact thing we need to jumpstart picks for the rebuild that is absolutely necessary. It would be a very New England thing to do.

It's not crazy. It's the right move. 

Edited by I Even Bleed Red
savannahfalcon912 likes this

Sanu is a great receiver but not sure if he's best suited to be the No 1 receiver. Probably better at being a No 2 or 3. See Peerless Price.

You understand concepts well, but your evaluation and understanding of WR’s and the game of football is leading you to an incorrect conclusion 

32 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

You understand concepts well, but your evaluation and understanding of WR’s and the game of football is leading you to an incorrect conclusion 

Pls enlighten me. 

1 hour ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Preface: I like Julio and he's one of the best WRs in the league. But hear me out now.

Premise: Let's compare players to Stocks. IF that's true, it doesn't make sense for anyone, especially the owner, of such stocks to be emotionally invested. Because investments GENERALLY give up the best dividends (or returns) when they're not picked "intuitively" but rather based on cold hearted decisions. 

Concept: There is a difference between Price and Value = > while these are generally directly related, they are NOT the same things! In fact, sometimes can even be indirectly related.  

Some "stocks" (players) are overpriced. They are still great players! GREAT players, who contribute A LOT individually but they take AWAY from the team as a WHOLE. 

Similarly, some players (stocks) are undervalued. They are great "deals" for the TEAM overall.

Or vice versa. 

Example: Julio Jones is overpriced, Mohammed Sanu is undervalued. 

Both statements are true. 

Conclusion: Keeping Sanu, who's a VERY GOOD receiver and getting a lot more for Julio (who is a great receiver), than we would for Sanu ---> best returns for the TEAM. 

Yeah I said it! Come at me bros! :munch:

No, they aren't going to do that. They will keep Matt and Julio together, try to revamp the defense with some affordable vets, and give it another go next year. If next year is a bust they might blow it up.

50 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Yes, he could have been. They could have traded him in the off season.  If that's what they wanted to do, it should have been done then.

We are not in the offseason, that ship has sailed. He cant be traded.