Club212

Jim Harbaugh....I think he could be had..

82 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Club212 said:

OK, Watching various sports networks today & someone (wish it was me - NOT) has leaked that Jim Harbaugh is putting out "feelers" to return to the NFL, like I stated in the start of this thred, he cannot compete in recruiting with the "BIG" schools, we still have the pieces on"O" but the "D" is a horror show...

Harbaugh has always preferred a nasty, physical, gap blocking, power run scheme.  Never seen his passing game all that dynamic at all.  What pieces do we have for that?

falconsd56 and Ovie_Lover like this

5 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Harbaugh has always preferred a nasty, physical, gap blocking, power run scheme.  Never seen his passing game all that dynamic at all.  What pieces do we have for that?

People see Julio and Matt and think we can run just any scheme we want.

It all starts upfront. 

5 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I keep hearing we have all 1st rounders on the OL, time for these guys to have a fire lit under their *sses & show why

1 minute ago, Club212 said:

I keep hearing we have all 1st rounders on the OL, time for these guys to have a fire lit under their *sses & show why

One 1st rounder who was drafted to run a zone scheme, the other who's got heart problems, and a center who's played in nothing but zone schemes his entire career.  

You want Harbaugh, then you want a remade offense, because it ain't set up to do nothing scheme-wise from a personnel perspective, that he's known for.

GhostofGritz and falconsd56 like this

At first thought, I would say no. However, when you look at his win-loss record (44-19-1) as an NFL coach, it is impressive. Many say that Harbaugh stinks as a college HC, but his win-loss record (72-37) is still on the positive side. There is a big difference between coaching in college as opposed to the NFL. Maybe Harbaugh is not as good at recruiting than other HC's in the college ranks. Maybe Harbaugh doesn't know as much about developing raw talent on the college level but is better with the pros. I don't know why he hasn't gotten the Michigan program playing better than it is. However, I do recall him doing well in the NFL, and his teams played hard and relentless. 

Club212 likes this

1 hour ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

One 1st rounder who was drafted to run a zone scheme, the other who's got heart problems, and a center who's played in nothing but zone schemes his entire career.  

You want Harbaugh, then you want a remade offense, because it ain't set up to do nothing scheme-wise from a personnel perspective, that he's known for.

Not to mention a LT who is good in a man scheme but excells in an outside zone

3 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

We have pads and cleats.