Club212

Jim Harbaugh....I think he could be had..

82 posts in this topic

He may be available if Michigan fires him. They brought him in for national championships, not okay teams.

i can’t believe people drool over this guy. His performance since going back to MICH has been pretty bad for a powerhouse program.

30 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Isn't that the A-hole who disintegrated RG3's knee?

You mean by running an offense around a players strengths?  RG3 was a one read and run QB.  He exploited that skill set and he got hurt.  I don't blame the injury on Shanny.  He was in a playoff game and his QB was hurting but wanted to play.

Conversely, remember when Vick was playing under Dan Reeves and he coached to his strengths by having the O bomb down the field and open up Vick to big runs deep into the secondary?  I remember it being 3rd and 18 and knowing we were about to get a 1st.  Then Mora came in and tried to turn him into a West Coast QB after he got hurt which neutralized Vick's strengths. 

The moral of the story is to build your offense/defense around the playmakers skills instead of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.   

AL_Bundy likes this

39 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

Yes it is!!!  Trolling is TROLLING!  And for the record, I couldn't care less about your Stinky Town Team, or who their coaches are, or ever have been!  Have a good day.  :tiphat:

No, trolling is random hit-and-run tactics (largely of name calling and insults, kinda like your post) without providing anything of merit to the discussion at hand.

Posters were referring to hiring an assistant of ours thinking it would provide y’all with a leg up on our team, I posted empirical evidence regarding our former assistants coaching against Payton refuting that statement and nothing more.

That isn’t trolling and if you think it is, you need to just logout and do some yard work or something.

:rolleyes:

AL_Bundy likes this

2 hours ago, thamill said:

You mean by running an offense around a players strengths?  RG3 was a one read and run QB.  He exploited that skill set and he got hurt.  I don't blame the injury on Shanny.  He was in a playoff game and his QB was hurting but wanted to play.

Conversely, remember when Vick was playing under Dan Reeves and he coached to his strengths by having the O bomb down the field and open up Vick to big runs deep into the secondary?  I remember it being 3rd and 18 and knowing we were about to get a 1st.  Then Mora came in and tried to turn him into a West Coast QB after he got hurt which neutralized Vick's strengths. 

The moral of the story is to build your offense/defense around the playmakers skills instead of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.   

I wasn't saying anything about the scheme. I just remember that fumbled snap and me grimacing so hard I pulled a neck muscle lol

2 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

No, trolling is random hit-and-run tactics (largely of name calling and insults, kinda like your post) without providing anything of merit to the discussion at hand.

Posters were referring to hiring an assistant of ours thinking it would provide y’all with a leg up on our team, I posted empirical evidence regarding our former assistants coaching against Payton refuting that statement and nothing more.

That isn’t trolling and if you think it is, you need to just logout and do some yard work or something.

Yard work? I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Who's trolling again? ;)

FalconJim and Iron Saint like this

2 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

Who are these assistants? The only one I can think of is Gregg Williams. Who are the other ones?

6 hours ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

LOLOL, fair enough. :lol:

6 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Who are these assistants? The only one I can think of is Gregg Williams. Who are the other ones?

Doug Marrone (current HC of the Jaguars, former HC of the Bills, Payton’s OC 2006-2008) - beat the Bills in 2013 and the Jaguars this year

Marc Trestman (former HC of the Bears, offensive consultant for the Saints in 2007) - beat the Bears in 2013 and 2014

However upon further review, it’s only 0-4. I forgot it was 2012 (I was thinking it was 2011) when we played Dennis Allen’s Raiders and Payton was suspended so that one technically can’t be counted even though the game was a blowout and wouldn’t have changed if Payton was there or not. However, Allen also worked for y’all already from 2002-2005 as a defensive assistant/quality control.

Gregg Williams has only coached against Payton as a DC and not a HC but if you want to count those, he’s 1-2 against Payton; both of the losses came after Williams’ tenure here (in 2016 and 2018), the lone win came in 2006.

So if you count those the record is 1-6.

Falconsfan567 likes this

On 10/20/2019 at 10:54 PM, Ergo Proxy said:

Kubiak for HC?

McDaniels is the 49ers run game coordinator and I would love him being OC on Kubiak’s coaching tree

Or take a calculated flyer on Carmichael as HC & OC.  Team averaged 30 ppg when he filled in as HC/OC when SP was out for Bounty Gate

1 hour ago, Iron Saint said:

LOLOL, fair enough. :lol:

Doug Marrone (current HC of the Jaguars, former HC of the Bills, Payton’s OC 2006-2008) - beat the Bills in 2013 and the Jaguars this year

Marc Trestman (former HC of the Bears, offensive consultant for the Saints in 2007) - beat the Bears in 2013 and 2014

However upon further review, it’s only 0-4. I forgot it was 2012 (I was thinking it was 2011) when we played Dennis Allen’s Raiders and Payton was suspended so that one technically can’t be counted even though the game was a blowout and wouldn’t have changed if Payton was there or not. However, Allen also worked for y’all already from 2002-2005 as a defensive assistant/quality control.

Gregg Williams has only coached against Payton as a DC and not a HC but if you want to count those, he’s 1-2 against Payton; both of the losses came after Williams’ tenure here (in 2016 and 2018), the lone win came in 2006.

So if you count those the record is 1-6.

I forgot about Doug Marrone being the Saints OC. Yeah, I knew about Dennis Allen being a coach under Reeves with us and then Mora kept him on when he took the job. Didn't know if his time as Raiders HC if they had played the Saints or not. Didn't know Trestman was ever with the Saints.

Iron Saint likes this

17 hours ago, A-TowN.- said:

I can’t get onboard with Harbaugh. 1-7 on the road vs ranked teams & he’s never taken Michigan to that next level. Been a big let down for that program. He seems defeated in nearly every press conference I’ve seen this year. I’d choose Josh McDaniels over him.

^^^This.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I forgot about Doug Marrone being the Saints OC. Yeah, I knew about Dennis Allen being a coach under Reeves with us and then Mora kept him on when he took the job. Didn't know if his time as Raiders HC if they had played the Saints or not. Didn't know Trestman was ever with the Saints.

Yeah, and if the Jaguars would’ve fired Gus Bradley after his first two 4-12 and 3-13 seasons, we would’ve had another game against them with Marrone in 2015 since he was the assistant head coach but ah well. 

And indeed, Allen got hired in Oakland in 2012 but I always think it was 2011 because I remember he left after the 2010 season. But I always forget his one year stop in Denver as DC.

But you’re not alone on Trestman, his stay here was very brief and forgettable. :lol: How that guy ever got a head coaching gig I will never know. :rolleyes:

He seems to wear out his welcome too soon wherever he goes. He’s kinda like Jerry Glanville in that you’ll put up with his quirky nature as long as he’s winning. Just too big of a risk. We’ll be looking for a new coach in four years for whatever reason. 

18 hours ago, HEIST said:

I would like to see Terry Bradshaw. He watches football every week and has multiple superbowls.

Big LOL! I needed that laugh. Thanks!

15 hours ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

I wasn't saying anything about the scheme. I just remember that fumbled snap and me grimacing so hard I pulled a neck muscle lol

Haha gotcha.  Yeah it was nasty.  I will say this though.  Shanahan got more out of RG3 than anyone else. 

Pacific_Falcon likes this

17 hours ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

LOL!!!  I heard that!  Time I buy fuel, blades, filters, change oil, and general upkeep on a mower, it's just about as cheap to hire it done.  
Oh, and let's not feed the Troll ---  :lol: 

19 hours ago, thamill said:

Vick's best years by far were in Philly, running a WCO.

Mora had the right idea.  The problem is he had the wrong version of Mike Vick.

19 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

So, basically, what you're saying is, all of the past Aints coaches are bums and incapable of beating their former team!?!?!?!  I don't think I would have put that out there --- but, whatever... 

2 hours ago, JDaveG said:

Vick's best years by far were in Philly, running a WCO.

Mora had the right idea.  The problem is he had the wrong version of Mike Vick.

Vick had 1good year in Philly.

4 hours ago, FalconJim said:

So, basically, what you're saying is, all of the past Aints coaches are bums and incapable of beating their former team!?!?!?!  I don't think I would have put that out there --- but, whatever... 

Not at all, just that Payton is the one driving that ship. 

Saban’s former assistants are like 0-18 or something against him, including Kirby Smart and he’s a **** good coach.

7 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

You think Carmichael would follow that losing trend? He is intriguing option for a HC.

There’s no telling if he would or not but due to his knowledge of our system, I feel he can effectively run it but I’m not sure if he can pilot it and beat our defense because the last few seasons our defense has been stomping out our offense in practice more often than the offense wins.

Also I personally don’t feel he has the personality or backbone to be a head coach, he seems like the kind of guy that is content with being behind the curtain to do his job. That’s something that just won’t fly as a NFL HC with the constant media obligations you have to balance with actually coaching your team.

1989Fan likes this

7 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

Not at all, just that Payton is the one driving that ship. 

Saban’s former assistants are like 0-18 or something against him, including Kirby Smart and he’s a **** good coach.

Well, you finally said something we can agree on --- Smart IS a d**n good coach!  

Iron Saint likes this

OK, Watching various sports networks today & someone (wish it was me - NOT) has leaked that Jim Harbaugh is putting out "feelers" to return to the NFL, like I stated in the start of this thred, he cannot compete in recruiting with the "BIG" schools, we still have the pieces on"O" but the "D" is a horror show, Mr Blank, lets show the toughness we're missing, lead us into "Accountability" gut this staff in  the 'bye' week & start the search for the new, tough staff.....Thank You