Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think something happened behind the scenes during the off season that we don't know about that is causing this catastrophic season?

73 posts in this topic

I was thinking the same thing the other day.  Like, some of the strange moves (Signing Beasley).  I get that he wanted to make him better, but I think we all knew that ship has sailed.  $14.2 MIL for what?  that could have landed us two more linemen, at least.  I love the Falcons, but the D is his baby and they absolutely stink. BTW - that Oliver decision was another. (Sheffield is outplaying him with less experience)

I think Quinn firing three coordinators is probably a big reason why a lot of players have quit on Quinn! The players worked hard the last 2 years? The results were not there but it seemed at times they were on the verge! But it is obvious the players had a lot of confidence in those coordinators and none in Quinn and now hey are openly rebellious against him on the field! That coupled with some really bad personal decisions are the foundation of this steaming pile of donkey crap!

But if you want to trace it back even further this is by and large the same team that gave up the largest lead in Super Bowl history! They faced no accountability then! Even got bigger, richer contracts many of them! This rebuild must be total! We need to completely close the book on this era of Falcon Football then burn the book !

Edited by DirtyBird7000k

No. Quinn doesn’t want to be here. I truly believe that. How in the Sam he** can his defense be THIS bad? Guys out of position so bad it’s obvious. Then press conferences, he** just bring a recorder and press play why don’t you. Cmon Blank try out someone else for this season. See if the players respond. If their not a fit, someone else will be available. 

6 minutes ago, birdsnflight said:

No. Quinn doesn’t want to be here. I truly believe that. How in the Sam he** can his defense be THIS bad? Guys out of position so bad it’s obvious. Then press conferences, he** just bring a recorder and press play why don’t you. Cmon Blank try out someone else for this season. See if the players respond. If their not a fit, someone else will be available. 

Why do you think Dan Quinn doesn't want to be here? Do you think maybe Quinn wanted to draft defense but Blank made him draft offensive line?

The locker room has to be absolutely toxic right now.   There are about 15 guys trying to win, about 15 just collecting a check each week, and the remainder are caught in the middle.  

I think resigning Beasley had a lot to do with it.  Imagine being someone like Ish, playing hard and just trying to keep a NFL job, while you watch #44 get handed $14M because he’s a Quinn favorite.  

Clean out the bums, take the cap hit for a year or two, and I guarantee the team will be much better for it.  

Edited by Ghosts of Glanville

I think it’s cumulative of all the off season moves back firing.  We keep Beasley who provides nothing.  We let Alford and Poole walk and their replacements aren’t ready.  OL upgrades haven’t panned out at all.  And of course the Neal injury.  I’ve been wondering if the Kam Chancellor role isn’t the lynch pin to DQ’s defense, b/c w/o Neal this D has fallen apart.

I now think that DQ's early success was in large part due to Kyle Shanahan's offense being able to dictate how a game was being played. Even in the KS days, the defense was still bad, but the offense was able to get quick leads and forced other teams out of their gameplan. In turn, the Falcons defense was able to feed off the success of the offense. Since the SB meltdown, and the departure of KS, everything seems to be getting worse, to the point of Quinn not knowing what to do anymore since the offense is no longer the juggernaut it once was, and the need for the D to give some sort of support. Dan Quinn is overmatched as an HC, and I do not see things turning around for him. He is not the guy.

How about, this team just is not that good?  Sure theres some individual talent that makes people want to believe on paper this is a playoff team but reality is, outside of Ryan, Julio, Sanu, Debo, Neal (done now), Grady, this team pretty much sucks.  Oh add Hooper to that short list

36 minutes ago, XXVIII-III said:

Too many ex-head coaches. Quinn is probably lost in the sauce looking for answers instead of owning this teams performance. Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians...

He banked on a former head coach turning this thing around because Quinn honestly does not know how to. I truly believe that.

14 minutes ago, Farmer2 said:

I think it’s cumulative of all the off season moves back firing.  We keep Beasley who provides nothing.  We let Alford and Poole walk and their replacements aren’t ready.  OL upgrades haven’t panned out at all.  And of course the Neal injury.  I’ve been wondering if the Kam Chancellor role isn’t the lynch pin to DQ’s defense, b/c w/o Neal this D has fallen apart.

It was pretty bad with Neal. Jacoby Brissette was carving us up

He wanted to put this all on himself...MM did a ok job with all the injuries...shoulda got another year...Sark couldn't put points up & Armstrong never has any ST success...DQ wanted to put the team on his back....but the weight broke it...gotta go after the buy...Mr Blank....kick the tires on Jim Harbough please

birdsnflight likes this

22 minutes ago, atlndvd said:

How about, this team just is not that good?  Sure theres some individual talent that makes people want to believe on paper this is a playoff team but reality is, outside of Ryan, Julio, Sanu, Debo, Neal (done now), Grady, this team pretty much sucks.  Oh add Hooper to that short list

I believe some of this, but there is too much talent on this team.  It seems the schemes are not cohesive at all.  The TD today that Beasley gave up for example.  I'm not a fan of his, but he should never have had to drop in coverage from the line to cover a RB on a 20 something yard pass play.  Bad all the way around.

DQ put his stamp on Beasley by exercising his 5th year and saying he'll either love me or hate me when I'm done with him. Vic responds by not showing up to OTAs. That's an automatic trip out of town by any respected coach in the league. Players don't respect him because they know it's zero consequence for their actions. 

It wasn’t behind the scenes... a big part of it is the change of defensive strategy in the front 7. Another part is we don’t have a bonafide pass rusher... period. Another part is Dirk Koetter isn’t the right coordinator for this team, a HUGE part of it is that we don’t play complimentary football between offense and defense  

it takes a confluence of factors for a team like this to be this bad... 

1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Why do you think Dan Quinn doesn't want to be here? Do you think maybe Quinn wanted to draft defense but Blank made him draft offensive line?

Maybe on to something. Imagine thinking offense is taken care of and finally getting to focus on defense. Especially given that you have staked your job on it. Then they make the decision to go offense AGAIN. Sets you up for failure. 

2 hours ago, DirtyBird7000k said:

I think Quinn firing three coordinators is probably a big reason why a lot of players have quit on Quinn! The players worked hard the last 2 years? The results were not there but it seemed at times they were on the verge! But it is obvious the players had a lot of confidence in those coordinators and none in Quinn and now hey are openly rebellious against him on the field! That coupled with some really bad personal decisions are the foundation of this steaming pile of donkey crap!

But if you want to trace it back even further this is by and large the same team that gave up the largest lead in Super Bowl history! They faced no accountability then! Even got bigger, richer contracts many of them! This rebuild must be total! We need to completely close the book on this era of Falcon Football then burn the book !

Yep