Let the Purge start during the bye week!

TX Falcon

This team is dead in the water no matter what excuse Dan Quinn wants to give! We have too much salary holding this team back over the next few years! The Falcons need to start shopping players to gain some salary cap room which will start the teams' rebuild! At least give the new coach a chance to find his players in the off season because its clear this team built currently does not have the fortitude to compete at a high level consistently! I am as much a Falcon fan as the next but we have to be realistic about where this team is and where it's going! Start the purge!

2 minutes ago, TX Falcon said:

This team is dead in the water no matter what excuse Dan Quinn wants to give! We have too much salary holding this team back over the next few years! The Falcons need to start shopping players to gain some salary cap room which will start the teams' rebuild! At least give the new coach a chance to find his players in the off season because its clear this team built currently does not have the fortitude to compete at a high level consistently! I am as much a Falcon fan as the next but we have to be realistic about where this team is and where it's going! Start the purge!

Got to start with DQ but that will happen at the end of the season.  

Victoria Beasley has to go period.  That Stanford Experiment has failed.  Next Trufant.  THEY HAVE TO GO.  Next guys you will cut at season's end.  Freeman falls in this category.  sanu might be a cap casualty and I would trade to get something for him.  If we got in this order a 5th, 4th, 5th and a 3rd then I would be very happy.      

6 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Victoria Beasley has to go period.  That Stanford Experiment has failed.  Next Trufant.  THEY HAVE TO GO.  Next guys you will cut at season's end.  Freeman falls in this category.  sanu might be a cap casualty and I would trade to get something for him.  If we got in this order a 5th, 4th, 5th and a 3rd then I would be very happy.      

hindsight is 20-20 but think if we had moved back into the 1st rd of the draft to get one of the 2 best DBs still on the boards instead of a OL player with an on going heart issue! Then chunking some of these DBs would be easy!

Edited by TX Falcon

You can't really purge a team during the season. The only thing the Falcons can do is fire Quinn and try to trade some players for draft capital.

At this point firing Quinn could wait until the end of the season because this team has checked out for the season and they suck.

Koetter and Raheem Morris would not do a better job. All of them will be gone after the season.

Just now, DawnOfThemBirds said:

How much input does Rich McKay have as President of Football Operations?

I think many forget that he was not a good GM and may also be a bad president. He may need to go as well.

Scrub the entire FO clean.

If he has any input, Anything related to FO and coaching needs to be scrubbed. 

7 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I would start with TD...

Man! All TD keys & locks would be changed after the clock strikes zero on the score board after the final game!! If we play away from home he would't be allowed back on the team plane! I'm so tired of him aw well he is part of the problem!

At this point I'd rather keep Quinn for the rest of the year. We arent going anywhere this season with Quinn so we might as well get a high pick out of it. If we bring in someone else to take his spot we could run off a few wins and mess up our draft position. Trade away Sanu, Trufant, and whoever else we can trade and just ride out the season with Quinn. Find a quality coach in the offseason and go from there.

Edited by LouDog

6 minutes ago, TX Falcon said:

Man! All TD keys & locks would be changed after the clock strikes zero on the score board after the final game!! If we play away from home he would't be allowed back on the team plane! I'm so tired of him aw well he is part of the problem!

AB has too much class, give him an extra day to clean up.

My take on it all:

1) Let Quinn go after the season, a new coach will want stability and firing Quinn midseason does us nothing long term other than give fans short term peace of mind.  I was a huge Quinn fan but at this point the experiment has run its course.

2) TD wasn’t in charge for the last five drafts, Pioli was.  Most people that want TD gone forget that he wasn’t the one drafting the last few years.  With Pioli now gone, I’m indifferent on whether TD goes or stays, I just want someone that will trade down in the first round vs trade up.  When we stay put in the first vs trading up it’s a shock, which is a very bad thing.

3) We have some very good players still on the roster.  If we can move Tru for a mid round and Vic for a late round I’d be happy.  This year is done, time to gain some capital for a one year rebuild.

4) Need an up and coming offensive mind as HC and a proven DC.  That seems to be the remedy for success lately, we have the best squad for the teams looking to have a HC opening and should get the cream of the crop between draft capital, great owner and roster talent.

On 21/10/2019 at 10:50 AM, usmcdirtybird said:

Victoria Beasley has to go period.  That Stanford Experiment has failed.      

Vic was Clemson yeh (not Stanford). Ftr Jarrett was Clemson so I’m not agreeing with you.