Sun Tzu 7

Who’s the better coach? Smitty or Quinn

108 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Herr Beast said:

I can‘t believe some people still consider the 28-3 season an accomplishment. I trade it for 2012 any day. I would even trade it for 2009 or something like that. Anything that could erase 28-3 and the person responsible.

I would have preferred to lose to GB to close out the dome 2 weeks earlier then had 28-3 happen to us

2 minutes ago, TX Falcon said:

See thats crazy! I think the report shows we have not had a sack on a QB since week 2! Now that means we are not getting any pressure on any of the teams QB which means their QB has all day to find an open WR or TE!

Yep. We are the cure for what ails a struggling offense, specifically quarterbacks. 

And also, without pressure the secondary is required to cover receivers longer than is humanly possible. Eventually they will get open. 

Edited by Skott Lee
TX Falcon, ratesforless and Vandy like this

3 minutes ago, Skott Lee said:

He would have run the ball after Julio’s catch to set up a clinching FG for sure. 

No question about that. Smitty in that situation would've run the ball three straight times, forced the Patriots to burn their timeouts, and kicked the FG to go up 11 with under three minutes to go.

Oh well, woulda, coulda, shoulda... 

TX Falcon and thanat0s like this

3 minutes ago, Skott Lee said:

Yep. We are the cure for what ails a struggling offense, specifically quarterbacks. 

And also, without pressure the secondary is required to cover receivers longer than is humanly possible. Eventually they will get open. 

Man!! This is pitiful!

Smitty by far. Mike Smith shouldn't have been fired, he should have been allowed to clean house and Rebuild. A lot of Smith's problems were beyond his control and other people pushing him to do things, he didn't think was right. TD should have been fired and the scouting department cleaned out. I believe Smith could have turned it around if given the chance. He was TD and Blanks scape goat. Smith was a good HC, especially before the Heart problems.

24 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

That 2009 team is my favorite Falcons team. They fought hard and broke the back to back winning seasons curse

Very true. 

26 minutes ago, ratesforless said:

No question about that. Smitty in that situation would've run the ball three straight times, forced the Patriots to burn their timeouts, and kicked the FG to go up 11 with under three minutes to go.

Oh well, woulda, coulda, shoulda... 

Yes, but even with that I can’t help think that the game still wouldn’t have been iced. It was still the GOAT Brady over there. If they can convert two 2-pt conversions with no problem I don’t see how executing a successful onside kick is too much to ask. LOL

ratesforless likes this

2 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

About 3 months people were very passionate about Quinn being better.

I remember something about ‘Theres no way Quinn will have a 4-12 season’

I think we can all agree this is Quinn’s last season.

So Quinn has 2 playoff wins over Smitty.

Smitty got his team to the playoffs 2 more times than Quinn.

Smitty only had 2 losing seasons

And unless this team doesn’t lose another game Quinn will only have 2 winning seasons.

So does anyone still think Quinn is better than Smitty?

The team was ALWAYS disciplined under Smitty so he gets the most I.m.o

Vandy likes this

10 minutes ago, Skott Lee said:

Yes, but even with that I can’t help think that the game still wouldn’t have been iced. It was still the GOAT Brady over there. If they can convert two 2-pt conversions with no problem I don’t see how executing a successful onside kick is too much to ask. LOL

I wouldn't have been surprised but I still have a hard time believing that Smith blows a lead like that in such a short amount of time. Moot point to debate about, though...

Skott Lee likes this

54 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

I would have preferred to lose to GB to close out the dome 2 weeks earlier then had 28-3 happen to us

Strong statement but in hindsight I feel the same way. 

ratesforless likes this

2 hours ago, Embrace the suck said:

DQ has a much better eye for talent and the draft than Smitty, but Smitty is a better head coach. He is better at game management and xs and os. Both are terrible at what they do best though. 

Really? He hand picked Vic Beasley sorry ***. lol

Vandy likes this

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Smitty. Not even close. He overachieved, so did players. The 2014 team with 3rd string and 4th string played better than this crap.

DQ with out KS is glorified mike Singletary. 

Ouchie. 

falcons007 and Godzilla1985 like this

1 hour ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

Dan Quinn was the head coach still and special teams is apart of the game as well as turnovers. 

So many will downplay Quinn and say Kyle was the reason we were even in the super bowl, but blast Quinn for 28-3, yet Kyle decided not t o run the ball.

Come on. I’ll always blast Quinn for freezing up and not having the guts to overrule his assistant coach when it was the situational right thing for the head coach to do. 

ratesforless and falcons007 like this

2 hours ago, opensource001 said:

Mike Smith had a winning season when he lost Matt Ryan as the starter and had to start Chris Redman for a couple of games.  I'm not sure why I just remembered that.   I guess what I'm trying to say is DQ is just awful and shouldn't be compared to an actual NFL coach.

Also lost Michael turner for 5 games that season. 

ratesforless and Godzilla1985 like this

21 minutes ago, zekeyboy1 said:

Really? He hand picked Vic Beasley sorry ***. lol

Still has alot more talent on this team than Smitty has ever had on any team. He is better at picking and developing players. Aweful at clock management, team discipline, and managing tos. 

8 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

Still has alot more talent on this team than Smitty has ever had on any team. He is better at picking and developing players. Aweful at clock management, team discipline, and managing tos. 

What players has he developed? Ill give you GRady I guess..But he was already good...

Edited by zekeyboy1

Smith...at least when it comes to at home in front of Falcons fans.  Smith was 39-17 at home while Quinn is 19-16.   

Smith is the better coach

When Smith was here, the Falcons had the fewest penalties in the league

Now look at us...with DQ we have way too many penalties that kill us and we lose games because of them

I say rehire Smith