Carter

Cocktail 2019 - #8 Georgia vs #6 Florida

585 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, AutumnEffect said:

Why not? Florida has been waiting for several years to have a team they think can win this game. Dawg fans probably aren't quite as excited.

Like, do you think Super Bowl ticket prices would be higher for Pats vs Eagles or Chiefs vs Niners?

You may be right.  Would be disappointing to know so many Dawg fans are dumping their tix because we lost to Sakerlina.   I will say this, on the re-sale market, stubhub etc the tix for sale are 90% in the Dawgs section.

I am really shocked to see the lack of enthusiasm and confidence with the Dawg fans about this game.

You guys are favored to win even though FL is ranked high than you.  I am not sure of the number, but I am pretty sure you have won a few in a row now.

Come on where is that Dawg spirit? I know it is a big rival game, but GA has this game!

21 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I am really shocked to see the lack of enthusiasm and confidence with the Dawg fans about this game.

You guys are favored to win even though FL is ranked high than you.  I am not sure of the number, but I am pretty sure you have won a few in a row now.

Come on where is that Dawg spirit? I know it is a big rival game, but GA has this game!

UGA  should have this game.

The truth is the offense has diappoined and gutted the fanbase.   The passing game has just been M.I.A. most of the year and there is no consistency nor explosiveness to the offense.    The Dawgs did lose Godwin, Hardiman, Ridley, Holloman and Nauta in one off-season which is quite a lot - I thought, mistakenly - that the Dawgs wouldn't miss a beat and thought the offense would be as good as ever.    Most people thought Zamir White might explode on the scene and be a star - and no one saw regression in Jake Fromm's game - which we have seen - how much due to the WRs,  maybe a lot perhaps.

UGA started the season w/ designs on avenging Bama and getting to a National Championship - most realize that is now most likely out of reach - while technically it could still happen - it doesn't feel realistic.

It was also disheartening to hear that Kirby admitted he didn't think his team showed they were ready to play in warm-ups of the USC game.  There are only 13 of these games per year and the Gamecocks aren't exactly Murray State - you should ALWAYS be up for games but especially SEC games.

I am sure others will disagree and have different  takes - after all, we all are individuals -  but it does feel like the  patient isn't dead but is in hospice care and just waiting for the end.

Obviously the Dawgs could turn it around this weekend and catch fire and finish out the season strong (HOPEFULLY THIS WILL HAPPEN!!!!) - just feels like we are underachieving the talent and seeing teams like Florida and LSU playing much better than maybe their talent was initially thought is somewhat of a downer.    Feels right now like our offensive playcalling and our overall offensive strategy is off track.

Lennon, sdogg, Dawggone and 1 other like this

UF doesn't have a good run defense at all, and I'm encouraged by the direction of those run plays in the 2nd half vs. UK.

If only UGA had half the TE Pitts is, and I would be totally comfortable with the offense but I digress.

5 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I haven’t had a single doubt about this game for 2 weeks. If I were able to go I would definitely be there.

A lot of Dawg fans are fair weather pansies. As soon as things don’t look great they dump their emotions and bail. It is what it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I actually think we pass to set up the run.  I think we are going to catch the Gators slipping.   I think Fromm will take ca couple of runs on the read options.  I see Eli wolf and DRob having a major factor in this game.  I have had major doubts on Tyler Simmons but he will spring a big block.  James Cook will be the X factor.  

datboilando likes this

1 hour ago, Carter said:

I haven’t had a single doubt about this game for 2 weeks. If I were able to go I would definitely be there.

A lot of Dawg fans are fair weather pansies. As soon as things don’t look great they dump their emotions and bail. It is what it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I feel we are going to pull out some different stuff that Florida will not be ready for.  James Cook will be the X factor for us.  

Honestly, I don’t think we matchup well with Florida on offense. They have good enough corners to man up on our receivers and stack the box against the run. I know that Florida’s defense isn’t great against the run, but they’ll play aggressive and bring numbers, and I’m not convinced we have the play calling to take advantage. Also, I’ve been very frustrated watching our run game this season; no counters, no toss plays, no stretch runs, really just dive plays behind zone blocking. I know Coley says, “players, not plays” but, you know, how about both? Our defense will need to make some plays. Hoping for the best but ready for the worst. 

Eh, they started doing things in the run game in the second half vs Kentucky that was much better than what the usual in 2019 was (like, I don't know, actually trying to go outside zone?) and I watched South Carolina run all over Florida recently with draw plays, outside zone, and pulling guards. If we've stooped to the point that Ryan Hilinski is considered more threatening then Fromm, than Coley has really, really failed horrendously in 2019. 

We've run through stacked boxes before and are going to have to face them regardless. We usually ran through them.

Now that I think about it though about the draws, I wonder if whether if when we try it (as we most certainly will try at least a couple), if it's going to turn out that South Carolina's interior (particularly the center) is blocking better than Trey Hill at it. Hill's looked completely awful at times before. Luckily for him, this is not a particularly strong interior line. It's outside that is (but maybe they aren't as strong at pass rushing if you run at them?).

Edited by VoiceofReason95

I think we see a more focused and deliberate offensive gameplan from the dawgs today.  It’s time to dominate someone!! Defensively just need to be dominant.  I have a great feeling about this game today!!

sdogg likes this

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Vegas like UGA

ESPN Gameday doesn’t 

Desmond Howard - UGA

Guest Picker - UF

Lee Corso - UF

Kirk Herbstreit - UF

Dawgs get the opportunity to change the narrative for fans and media today.  

Those guys were all over the place this morning. 

When asked which team is most likely to not make it to CFP out of the teams that have a shot, including GA, they picked Bama.

Then they pick GA to lose the game! How is that even possible!

Mathematically it just doesn't work. It's just all about ratings and garbage talk.

sdogg and Porter Osborne Jr like this

14 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

I think we see a more focused and deliberate offensive gameplan from the dawgs today.  It’s time to dominate someone!! Defensively just need to be dominant.  I have a great feeling about this game today!!

Yeah, the O needs to be like we were vs Bama in the NT and SECC. 

blkbigdog35 likes this

If UGA wins this game against FLA, they win the decade against FLA which is HUGE, we lose, then it'll be the first time in series history that the decade ties at 5-5. UGA let the 2010 and 2014 games against FLA go away. We were the better team than FLA in 2010 and 2014 but stunk it up against them, which is why we're only 5-4 this decade instead of 7-2.

sdogg and Porter Osborne Jr like this

18 hours ago, Carter said:

I gave this a like just for the emoji.lol

Carter likes this