Carter

Cocktail 2019 - #8 Georgia vs #6 Florida

585 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, HotLantaFalcon said:

I'm thinking they lose by 2 TDs. The offense against Kentucky might have been abetted by the rain, but it wasn't raining when they played South Carolina

UGA had 468 yards of offense, 30 first downs, 36 minutes time of possession, while holding the opponent to 10 offensive points in regulation. If you saw that without knowing the final score of that particular game you’d think we blew the other team out. Under normal circumstances without 4 turnovers it would have been.

Not to say there have not been any issues with the offense, but this idea that our offense sucks so much is just weird.

Oh and that same Kentucky team we just beat 21-0 in the rain, they just beat down Mizzou 29-7 with it raining just as badly. We have a really good team with some fixable issues.

I wouldn't say the offense sucks, but it is lacking in a lot of ways which kills any confidence a fan should have. When I watch other teams with less talent, they seem to always have guys running open at some point. That rarely happens for Georgia. There are issues with the route combinations. And when they do throw the receivers aren't usually in a good position to get yards after the catch. They are running outs or come backs or sitting in zones. Not many slants or posts. I personally think the lack of diversity in the running game hurts the offensive line as well. Those guys are good, but when the safety is coming down to make the stop there isn't much they can do. If they are that determined to run, then bring back the fullback. Run outside and inside. Be creative with the pulling of offensive lineman. Maybe they are doing this and the kids combined with the Crown Royal is affecting my memory, but the runs sure look the same. TOSS SWEEP!! 

No idea who wins, but I think I go Gators 31 Dawgs 28. 

If anyone has 2 extra tix for Jax, please let me know.   Can't get in touch with the guy who normally supplies mine.   Thanks!

courtjp@yahoo.com

13 hours ago, GAbred said:

I wouldn't say the offense sucks, but it is lacking in a lot of ways which kills any confidence a fan should have. When I watch other teams with less talent, they seem to always have guys running open at some point. That rarely happens for Georgia. There are issues with the route combinations. And when they do throw the receivers aren't usually in a good position to get yards after the catch. They are running outs or come backs or sitting in zones. Not many slants or posts. I personally think the lack of diversity in the running game hurts the offensive line as well. Those guys are good, but when the safety is coming down to make the stop there isn't much they can do. If they are that determined to run, then bring back the fullback. Run outside and inside. Be creative with the pulling of offensive lineman. Maybe they are doing this and the kids combined with the Crown Royal is affecting my memory, but the runs sure look the same. TOSS SWEEP!! 

No idea who wins, but I think I go Gators 31 Dawgs 28. 

Your post makes me believe that you don’t even know what a real route combination is or should be called.  No offense, but you are obviously just regurgitating a lot of things you have heard from your friends or radio.  Nice try.

5 hours ago, Is This What You Want? said:

Your post makes me believe that you don’t even know what a real route combination is or should be called.  No offense, but you are obviously just regurgitating a lot of things you have heard from your friends or radio.  Nice try.

Things we hear from friends or radio 

Um....

Tua is amazing and his little brother is even better.

UGA wanted any player that committed to either Florida or Tennesee but they stole him

Jake Fromm is a terrible QB because he will suck in the NFL therefore he is awful in college (I'm not even a Fromm fan but this logic is bad)

Sam Pittman is leaving UGA to go to Tennesee

15 hours ago, Is This What You Want? said:

Been too busy this year to get much football in other than just watching the game (that includes radio). Would love for you to elaborate as I definitely am not an expert. I know Georgia has talent at receiver, yet they are rarely open. I attribute that in part to the plays that are being run which includes the routes. It's not like the receivers everywhere else are more talented. So can you provide something more than just I don't know what I'm talking about? Enlighten me.  

2 minutes ago, GAbred said:

Been too busy this year to get much football in other than just watching the game (that includes radio). Would love for you to elaborate as I definitely am not an expert. I know Georgia has talent at receiver, yet they are rarely open. I attribute that in part to the plays that are being run which includes the routes. It's not like the receivers everywhere else are more talented. So can you provide something more than just I don't know what I'm talking about? Enlighten me.  

Forget it, back to the game.  Let's just win.

4 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Why?

City of Jacksonville bought it from the corporate owners. They are tearing down the Landing to build a park apparently. Block party tomorrow night at the stadium, UGA vs UF baseball game at the sports complex, and RV City is supposed to be lit. We shall see.....I'll keep you posted.

According to Rusty, Solomon is 100%.  Cleveland is going to play a bunch and might start.  Cager and Campbell will play, but snap counts will be limited for both.  

On 10/30/2019 at 1:44 PM, 007dawg said:

If anyone has 2 extra tix for Jax, please let me know.   Can't get in touch with the guy who normally supplies mine.   Thanks!

courtjp@yahoo.com

Going down ticketless, but ain't worried.  I'm 100% at finding them for reasonable price the day of and that includes many SEC Championship games as well as South Bend.  Go Dawgs!

2 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

Going down ticketless, but ain't worried.  I'm 100% at finding them for reasonable price the day of and that includes many SEC Championship games as well as South Bend.  Go Dawgs!

I wouldn't imagine you will struggle finding tickets.

007dawg likes this

42 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

This can't be right.

Why not? Florida has been waiting for several years to have a team they think can win this game. Dawg fans probably aren't quite as excited.

Like, do you think Super Bowl ticket prices would be higher for Pats vs Eagles or Chiefs vs Niners?

Edited by AutumnEffect