Carter

Cocktail 2019 - #8 Georgia vs #6 Florida

585 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

Whuttttttt???????? 

Yeah, seriously, until we get some subject matter expertise in here, I'm utterly refusing to believe this.

Wardog357 likes this

I don't think it's shopped but I also don't think she was kissing him. She got up in his face and touched noses, people got a hold of the picture, and now the internet is running wild with it.

In fact, looking at the pic again, I don't think any part of her face touched his

Edited by VA F.O.

2 hours ago, Prison Mikey said:

Cager has been a major blessing. You lose a heart breaker if he couldn't go. Landers and Simmons have been total liabilities. It's a shame depth issues forces you to play them. Trey Blount can't possibly be worse than those two. 

Love what Rosemy brings to the table, but they need to flip another 5 star receiver for the next class.

Rosemy could very well end up being a 5 star. If not it doesn’t really matter, the dude is a stud. Jerry Jeudy is the only 5 star WR on Bama’s whole roster. Pickens is going to be three much for these hoes and Blaylock will be unreal imo. This WR class we are bringing in looks really special as well, some real playmakers.

The important thing to keep in mind for context with this group of receivers in 2019 imo is we lost our top 5 receivers from last year. That’s going to be rough for any team, let alone a team also breaking in a new OC. Fromm has also shown throughout his time at UGA that he really needs to have chemistry with those guys, especially a big go-to target. In 2017 that was Wims, last year it was Holloman, this year Cager developed that connection but outside of him there were not many live college game catches among the whole group coming into the season.

I don’t think another big 5 star WR flip is essential. I mean that’s always welcomed lol but our receiving corps is going to be fine. Some of them just need to step up like Cager did against UF. Florida has a very talented secondary. Cager was matched up with Henderson (who is expected to be a fairly high draft pick) all game long and abused him.

Wardog357 likes this

2 hours ago, Carter said:

Rosemy could very well end up being a 5 star. If not it doesn’t really matter, the dude is a stud. Jerry Jeudy is the only 5 star WR on Bama’s whole roster. Pickens is going to be three much for these hoes and Blaylock will be unreal imo. This WR class we are bringing in looks really special as well, some real playmakers.

The important thing to keep in mind for context with this group of receivers in 2019 imo is we lost our top 5 receivers from last year. That’s going to be rough for any team, let alone a team also breaking in a new OC. Fromm has also shown throughout his time at UGA that he really needs to have chemistry with those guys, especially a big go-to target. In 2017 that was Wims, last year it was Holloman, this year Cager developed that connection but outside of him there were not many live college game catches among the whole group coming into the season.

I don’t think another big 5 star WR flip is essential. I mean that’s always welcomed lol but our receiving corps is going to be fine. Some of them just need to step up like Cager did against UF. Florida has a very talented secondary. Cager was matched up with Henderson (who is expected to be a fairly high draft pick) all game long and abused him.

We all don't care what they are rated. Could be a former rugby player, Juco, etc. as long as they can make an impact. Henderson is a 1st round talent, but he looks terrible as of late. Probably nursing an injury. If you consider him a 1st round lock, somebody has to be in Stokes' ear cause he's every bit the NFL corner as him.  

Carter likes this

3 hours ago, Carter said:

Cager is one of my favorite players on this team. And as weird as some might think.... Herrien has been for most of his career. Dude just plays his heart out every game. 

g-dawg, putnam6, Carter and 2 others like this

Well that was a helluva weekend. I'm just now getting my voice back and starting to feel normal. The Landing closing does indeed suck. The block party was alright, but was limited. They need more bars in the area if this is the plan going forward, I can only "remember" one.

They had a country music concert and firework show at the sports complex. Our tailgate spot was epic though, right on the St John's at Tallyrand Ave. 

No fights that I saw, but Gator fans were pretty pissed. Got a lot of Roll Tide and go Tigers....I told them I remember those days. 

Go Dawgs.

sdogg and Carter like this

Which players stood out most to y'all in this game? I'm especially talking to those who have watched more than once.

Obviously Cager and Fromm had a helluva game, and there are some offensive players who made key plays, but I also want to call out Davis, Herring, LeCounte, Stokes, Thomas (as always), Kindley, and Hill.

sdogg likes this

30 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Wonder if any UGA QB has better stats than those for 3 years?

I checked Aaron Murray, and he's not even close. He's got 6 TD / 7 INT ratio against Florida for his first 3 years, with 632 yards on 95 attempts. 

And Stafford was worse than that. 

To be fair, Murray and Stafford faced better Gator teams than Fromm has and neither of them had the defense we have been blessed with the past few years. Stafford had some abysmal games against some very elite Gator teams.

No idea on who might measure up with Fromm's performances though. He has been spectacular in Jacksonville. I'm sure Gator fans would love to see him leave early for the draft.

2 hours ago, 007dawg said:

Thanks for sharing the pix!   That is an awesome tailgate spot.   How much did it cost to get one there if you don't mind me asking?

I got it through vivid seats so there was a mark up, total was 125. Had I waited till the day of I could of probably got in for 80.

This guy had some good points to Dan's "genius"

Herty Field
Posted on 2 hrs, , User Since 26 months ago, User Post Count: 815
  • 2 hrs
  • 26 months
A few highlights:

- Since 2017 (35 games), Mullen coached teams have been held to under 300 yards of offense on three ocassions. Those games? UGA in '17, UGA in '18, and UGA in '19. Now, some may detect a pattern here, but any smart football fan would chalk this up to mere coincidence, as a genius like Mullen never could be outcoached by someone from south GA with a southern accent

-According to Pat Dooley (and UF Homer) from the Gainesville Sun, the reason why UF had to spend two quick timeouts on O to start the game was because some of the players were wearing different play sheet wristbands from one another. Thus, when a particular call was made, all **** broke loose and some of the personnel were lined up incorrectly. After the game, Mullen, when asked, vaugely referred to this as 'a communication issue.' Sounds like a well coached team to me. Here's a link to a 2 min audio clip of Pat explaining the disaster on the sideline during the mess: https://overcast.fm/+INxqU7j8/08:21

-Down two scores late, Mullen decides to eat up over 7 minutes of clock, thus putting the D in a position were just 1 first down by UGA would end the game. Now, to be fair, UF forced 3 and outs in the game up to that point exactly zero times, so I can understand his strategy there. Genius gonna genius folks

-Mullen now is 0-3 against Smart, losing by an average score of 30-12. But hey, geniuses have an occasional bad day too...or three.

Anything I missed?

To Dan Mullen's credit, he's acknowledged his shortcomings vs Smart. In fact, when asked after the game what did UGA do uniquely on D to limit his O, he replied "nothing"...then went on to question the officiating while proclaiming that a mere 7 points separates the two programs.

1 hour ago, theDIRTYcode said:

I got it through vivid seats so there was a mark up, total was 125. Had I waited till the day of I could of probably got in for 80.

Sweet, thanks!

Welp, glad to be wrong.  I still don’t have high expectations moving forward this season but beating Florida never gets old.  3 in a row!!!