Carter

Cocktail 2019 - #8 Georgia vs #6 Florida

585 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Skott Lee said:

Oh. Alright go watch your team. We got this

My team wasn't playing yet and this was supposed to be the best game of the day, at least in it's time slot.

2 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Come on fellow dawg fans!!!! Enjoy this huge top 10 win!!!

Definitely enjoying the beat down delivered to the Gators, hate that team since Galen Hall days. Nice rebound from Fromm, still tons for this team to work on. Unsung MVP Cager making plays boosts the WR corps need somebody else there to step up consistently. Honestly, though they are just a work in progress across the board. OL came up huge today keeping Fromm clean. 

Wardog357, 95Dawg and sdogg like this

8 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

I just did a quick cruise on the UF board and about 75% of them are ready to run Grantham out of town and about half of them think Mullen is nothing more than a cocky version of Mcelwain.  It's quite a treat reading the majority of those comments.

The funniest post I saw was a guy giving an “I told you so” about the Mullen hire and said they could have offered the same money to Scott Frost and He’d be here. 

37 minutes ago, Skott Lee said:

The funniest post I saw was a guy giving an “I told you so” about the Mullen hire and said they could have offered the same money to Scott Frost and He’d be here. 

Looking at what Scott Frost did at UCF, I would have hated it if they hired him. Nebraska is just a whole different animal. I was happy when they hired Mullen, he’s a bum and I have no idea why so many people praise him like they do. The guy has never done anything meaningful as a head coach but has folks lined up ready to make excuses for him and talk about how almost beating teams is this great accomplishment.

Homeboy has 11 years experience as a head coach and he’s 0-3 against Kirby as a first time head coach.

sdogg and Porter Osborne Jr like this

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Looking at what Scott Frost did at UCF, I would have hated it if they hired him. Nebraska is just a whole different animal. I was happy when they hired Mullen, he’s a bum and I have no idea why so many people praise him like they do. The guy has never done anything meaningful as a head coach but has folks lined up ready to make excuses for him and talk about how almost beating teams is this great accomplishment.

Homeboy has 11 years experience as a head coach and he’s 0-3 against Kirby as a first time head coach.

I guess when you are one of Urban’s boys and you were OC for two natty’s at Florida, it can buy you some grace. 

9 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Landers is 100% done imo- forget the holding call on swifts td.. the zero effort he showed on that pass around the goal line that looked like a pretty good pass, should’ve laid out of gotten both hands out.. just seems like a 100% dud 

One thing’s for sure, Pickens would have gotten horizontal trying to catch that ball.

sdogg, 95Dawg, Wardog357 and 1 other like this

Saw this in a thread and sorry but I laughed. 

Theoriginaldogonenuts
Posted on 81 secs, , User Since 4 months ago, User Post Count: 132
81 secs
4 months
HawgSlopper said... (original post) I'm old enough to remember Dooley dominating the Gators, but that 28 year walk in the wilderness was tough.

Good thing we live in New Testament era or it might have been 40 years!

Edited by 95Dawg
SacFalcFan and putnam6 like this

I have to say that Cooley called a mostly great game. Need more of that. Fromm was money on 3rd down. 

So happy Cager was able to play and appears to be 100% healthy now. Couldn’t image how this game would have turned out had he not been able to play. 

any word on Campbell?

15 minutes ago, sdogg said:

I have to say that Cooley called a mostly great game. Need more of that. Fromm was money on 3rd down. 

So happy Cager was able to play and appears to be 100% healthy now. Couldn’t image how this game would have turned out had he not been able to play. 

any word on Campbell?

Does Cager have another year of eligibility? Or is this his last.

Ok, searching for something to nitpick in an overall well played game on both sides of the ball.  Great coaching, offense and defense - Coley had his best game as an OC and Dawgs played great!

My only criticism is this:  UGA dominated the game and we were clearly better than Gators - and yet we only won by 7 points.   

Going into this game, I was gonna be happy with a one point win and didn’t care if it was ugly win or not.   We did much better than that and covered the spread.   Still think this team can play even better.  

sdogg likes this

Watching Mullen press conferences he really has a hard time giving other team credit and being gracious  -  you don’t see this with Kirby nor most SEC Coaches win or lose.   I like the way Kirby handled himself and he is great representative of the University of Georgia.

Mullen looks like a narcissist.

sdogg likes this

Yeah, the final score didn't reflect the fact that Georgia pretty much controlled that game from start to finish.  I'll take it though.  What a great performance all around.  Go Dawgs.  

sdogg, Wardog357 and g-dawg like this

From David Hale, who imo was the best beat reporter ever assigned to UGA:

Nearly from the outset, Georgia seemed on the verge of breaking the game wide-open but never quite did. The offense never went three-and-out, but it settled for kicks on three of five red zone drives. D'Andre Swift had a nifty 30-yard run, but his other 24 carries amounted to 56 yards. Coming off a couple of lackluster offensive performances -- albeit one in driving rain -- the 24 points against Florida didn't exactly erase concerns about the Bulldogs' ability to move the ball against good teams. Against Power 5 opponents, no current playoff contender is scoring less than Georgia (26.3 per game).

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/page/gamedayfinal191102/georgia-oregon-look-second-chance-first-playoff-impression

We definitely have a playoff caliber defense, but we need for the offense to do a better job finding the end zone if we’re gonna be a playoff team.

sdogg and g-dawg like this