Carter

Cocktail 2019 - #8 Georgia vs #6 Florida

585 posts in this topic

I hope we do.....but Florida will be ready as well.  I have confidence I. Our D but our O is something strange right now. 

we can win this game close, but it involves a lot of swift and strong showing by our D.  To win big means a defensive TD and the passing game look like something we haven’t seen all year.

final analysis: dawgs 33 - 23 florida

i know Kirby wants it to be 50-0, but he has held this offense back too much to let it fly now and potentially give up the W by giving opportunities for pick 6s and jazz.

i think Faton Bauta is doing the coin toss. That is a good omen right!!??

Dawgs win.   Coaches do serious self scout this week and start fixing the offense. 

Better gameplan = Dawgs win

sdogg likes this

5 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

Some rumblings that Coley won't be calling plays in this one. If that's so, if possible I hope they can consult outside with someone for help offensively during this break.

So if Coley’s not calling the plays, who is?

Pittman? :rolleyes:

datboilando likes this

5 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

Some rumblings that Coley won't be calling plays in this one. If that's so, if possible I hope they can consult outside with someone for help offensively during this break.

I don't believe that for a second.. if coley wasn't calling plays no one would know that outside of kirby and a few other people and i don't see that being leaked with how they have locked stuff down in BM.  I don't care who we have calling plays unless Kirby changes what he expects it won't matter.  That is why I would love to see bobo come back and be our OC if he loses his job at CSU.  bobo is the one guy kirby trusts and he would defer to him offensively.  i don't see any other playcaller getting the green light like bobo could.  

3 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

I don't believe that for a second.. if coley wasn't calling plays no one would know that outside of kirby and a few other people and i don't see that being leaked with how they have locked stuff down in BM.  I don't care who we have calling plays unless Kirby changes what he expects it won't matter.  That is why I would love to see bobo come back and be our OC if he loses his job at CSU.  bobo is the one guy kirby trusts and he would defer to him offensively.  i don't see any other playcaller getting the green light like bobo could.  

Both Kirby and Bobo were in Brandon Tolbert’s wedding.  Those three guys are tight.

Don’t see changes mid year.

datboilando likes this

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Both Kirby and Bobo were in Brandon Tolbert’s wedding.  Those three guys are tight.

Don’t see changes mid year.

Yep they are very very close and bobo is the one OC who i think he would give autonomy to..  

7 hours ago, Carter said:

Everyone involved makes a lot more money from the game being in Jacksonville than would be made doing a home and home. Money talks.

Most definitely! An amazing stat I read about how profitable each program is crazy.  It had Georgia at 50 million in profits and Florida at 37 million.  

8 hours ago, Carter said:

Everyone involved makes a lot more money from the game being in Jacksonville than would be made doing a home and home. Money talks.

Too bad the "neutral" site can't alternate between Jax and Atlanta.

Florida will have the best defense we've faced. If we stick to our formula of run on first down, run on second down, throw towards the sidelines on third down, then I don't like our chances. I expect Florida to come out stacking the box so we need to stretch the field early.

sdogg and g-dawg like this

13 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

Florida will have the best defense we've faced. If we stick to our formula of run on first down, run on second down, throw towards the sidelines on third down, then I don't like our chances. I expect Florida to come out stacking the box so we need to stretch the field early.

Florida's defense is crap. It's also pretty banged up. We haven't had an issue game planning against Dan Mullen since like 2009 or Todd Grantham ever... I don't expect that to change next weekend.

Hopefully we do see more variation and versatility on offense. Florida's defense doesn't scare me at all though.

putnam6 and Porter Osborne Jr like this

14 minutes ago, Carter said:

Florida's defense is crap. It's also pretty banged up. We haven't had an issue game planning against Dan Mullen since like 2009 or Todd Grantham ever... I don't expect that to change next weekend.

Hopefully we do see more variation and versatility on offense. Florida's defense doesn't scare me at all though.

Statistically they’ll be the best we’ve played. They’re 12th in team defense (we're 5th, Auburn is 14).