ssj5gal

Sean Payton has outlasted Mora, Mike Smith, and Quinn

65 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, BLACK WATCH said:

I have been a Falcon Fan since 1976. And I repeat <<  The Atlanta Falcons will win a Superbowl  >> the year after I die ( I am 66 now!).  :ninja:

I believe we've found the forum's immortal member.

V Chip likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

The difference between Quinn and Peyton is a SB. If Quinn had won the SB I’m sure we would excuse a few losing seasons.

Peyton was handed a SB...Brett Favre cough cough 

Ergo Proxy and falconsd56 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

The difference between Quinn and Peyton is a SB. If Quinn had won the SB I’m sure we would excuse a few losing seasons.

You're correct. But that's not at all the only reason. Payton is a great offensive play caller. Is DQ even CLOSE to that on defense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Regardless, they have one and we don’t. 

lol regardless? Either the refs helped them or they didn’t. Refs helped the pats too. There is no regardless. That makes zero sense 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

lol regardless? Either the refs helped them or they didn’t. Refs helped the pats too. There is no regardless. That makes zero sense 

And the refs screwed them from going to a superbowl and possibly winning one last year. So no matter how you spin it, what goes around comes around. Everyone has been on boths sides of calls so it's stupid to keep blaming the refs, they actually had to win the game in the superbowl, which the Falcons lost by themselves without a refs bad call.

Big_L likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

lol regardless? Either the refs helped them or they didn’t. Refs helped the pats too. There is no regardless. That makes zero sense 

Did the refs make the Falcons give up a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's an offensive coach. Every single year he has been there the offense has been lethal even with widely changing personnel through the years. He has always been regarded as a brilliant offensive mind. Having said that let's not forget that after his third consecutive 7-9 season many Saints fans were calling for his head and dude was on the hot seat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

He's an offensive coach. Every single year he has been there the offense has been lethal even with widely changing personnel through the years. He has always been regarded as a brilliant offensive mind. Having said that let's not forget that after his third consecutive 7-9 season many Saints fans were calling for his head and dude was on the hot seat. 

he was never on the hot seat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scott1988 said:

he was never on the hot seat

https://www.sportscasting.com/nfl-is-sean-payton-coaching-to-save-his-job-in-2017/

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-orleans-saints-sean-payton-on-the-hot-seat-092916

And go check the Saints board after their slow start in 2017. They wanted to get rid of Payton AND Breese. 

falconsd56 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, since68andcounting said:

You're correct. But that's not at all the only reason. Payton is a great offensive play caller. Is DQ even CLOSE to that on defense?

Not at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

lol regardless? Either the refs helped them or they didn’t. Refs helped the pats too. There is no regardless. That makes zero sense 

Yeah I say regardless because most of the  world only knows that the Saints won a SB. They have no idea how they did it and probably don’t care. They just know they won it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now