Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ssj5gal

We worse than the 2007 Joey Harrington lead Falcons

71 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Herr Beast said:

Harrington won two games in a row in 2007. Something this team could not do even if the season had 162 games.

Don't be a drama queen.

I say they could do it within 80 games.;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ATL_666 said:

This is worse than the Petrino year and Smitty's last year

Like I have said in another thread, at least Smitty was in his seventh year and 13 games into that season before I felt this way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sell The Team, Art said:

I keep thinking about that '07 team this year.  However, there IS a lot more talent on this team, so it makes this year a lot worse.  Even Quitrino was coaching better than what we're seeing now.

Don't get me wrong - Ryan is probably the best QB we've ever had, but he's doing his best Joey this year.  How many 3rd & 8-9's have y'all seen where Matt just makes the 2-3 yard throw?  It's Joey v2.0...

Matt, ALWAYS, throws the most back breaking ints!!! A team can not recover from his ints. Go all the way back and look at his previous draft scout look, “he’s good, but throws an awful lot of ints!!” 
 

he throws them at the worse possible time, the tape doesn’t lie. Lol

Ryan lovers!! SMH

hes the best we have ever had, agreed!!! But that’s not saying much for such a historically failing organization that continues to make the wrong choices time and time again. I mean $hit, did they really think DK was gonna be different than he was before? Lol

 

Edited by savannahfalcon912

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Champagne said:

Yeah, I lived in the Uptown Square apts on the corner right where that huge moving sculpture of a Hydrogen Atom or whatever it is. I loved living at that location. I used to got to Taco Mac all the time. I was not living in the ATL for the Katrina bowl. I was living up by NYC at that time.

But, yeah, that was a bad time for ATL sports until the Hawks made it to the playoffs, but then lost to the Celtics. I went to one of those games. 

Me too, think it was Game 6.  Fun time until Atlanta Atlanta'd.

Champagne likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I was just telling me nephew that this is by far the earliest I have given up on a season in my lifetime. 
 

and with being a Falcon fan going back to ‘77, that’s saying a LOT!

This is sadly hilarious, because I just had the same conversation with my wife, telling her that even as a season ticket holder during the Dan Henning years, we weren't this pathetic.

Ezekiel 25:17 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, savannahfalcon912 said:

Matt, ALWAYS, throws the most back breaking ints!!! A team can not recover from his ints. Go all the way back and look at his previous draft scout look, “he’s good, but throws an awful lot of ints!!” 
 

he throws them at the worse possible time, the tape doesn’t lie. Lol

Ryan lovers!! SMH

hes the best we have ever had, agreed!!! But that’s not saying much for such a historically failing organization that continues to make the wrong choices time and time again. I mean $hit, did they really think DK was gonna be different than he was before? Lol

 

All QB's throw INT's at one time or another, but **** if Ryan doesn't have a nasty tendency to throw pick 6's more than just about anybody I've ever seen.  Just bad luck probably more than anything else...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember the '74 Falcons being a horrific disappointment.  Everybody thought they were on the road to absolutely killing it after '73 (despite the late season collapse that knocked them out of the playoffs).  '73 team was a lot of fun to watch.  Reality hit in '74, as they went 3-11.  '75 & '76 weren't a whole lot better...  

And like octoslash said - the Henning years were pretty brutal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, octoslash said:

This is sadly hilarious, because I just had the same conversation with my wife, telling her that even as a season ticket holder during the Dan Henning years, we weren't this pathetic.

I can’t EVER remember starting 1-6, even with teams that weren’t expected to do anything we weren’t like this! 

octoslash and ssj5gal like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

Byron Leftwich lol

Chris Redman dead. Wasn't that the season D.J. was going to start and he got hurt in preseason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Me too, think it was Game 6.  Fun time until Atlanta Atlanta'd.

Still got my Atlanta Hawks towel that they gave out at the game somewhere around here.

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't help it, I'm sitting here laughing about what Joey Harrington might be thinking if he read the title to this thread. It's hilarious. 

ssj5gal likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t recall a season I felt this defeated so early. Even in almost every bad year we have had I still tuned in excited each week for Falcons football.

This year I watch with zero care and just laugh at the idiots we call football players. The only things I want the rest of this year is a 1-15 season, #1 pick, some trades before the deadline to add picks, every coach and front office member fired, leftover overpaid players cut.. blow it all the way up. Dead money be ****ed. Were broke anyway with the contracts and losing. Might as well purge them, be broke for a year or two with dead money then be loaded and flexible to do what we want under our new regime.

ssj5gal and octoslash like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I can’t recall a season I felt this defeated so early. Even in almost every bad year we have had I still tuned in excited each week for Falcons football.

This year I watch with zero care and just laugh at the idiots we call football players. The only things I want the rest of this year is a 1-15 season, #1 pick, some trades before the deadline to add picks, every coach and front office member fired, leftover overpaid players cut.. blow it all the way up. Dead money be ****ed. Were broke anyway with the contracts and losing. Might as well purge them, be broke for a year or two with dead money then be loaded and flexible to do what we want under our new regime.

So... I'm assuming you don't want to hire Joey Harrington has GM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, octoslash said:

This is sadly hilarious, because I just had the same conversation with my wife, telling her that even as a season ticket holder during the Dan Henning years, we weren't this pathetic.

Yeah, he has drifted into Dan Henning territory. Sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to make this thread. I even posed this question yesterday in another thread.

The answer very well could be yes.

Pigtrino has competition now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2019 at 6:49 PM, Halcon-1 said:

It's coaching.

 

Look at the Saints right now. The score is 26 - 10 . . . . . .  against that Bears defense . . . . . IN Chicago. They are 4-0 with a backup QB and staring 5-0 in the face with said backup QB and without their starting RB (who presents a different dynamic to their offense) and TE. The Saints defense has been one of the better defenses all season. Sean Payton has proved why he is revered the way that he is. 

A backup that's really a starter. Don't know why people forget this kid started on a playoff team before his injuries, and if it wasn't for Blair Walsh missing a chip shot game winner, he would have a playoff win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, No.11 said:

A backup that's really a starter. Don't know why people forget this kid started on a playoff team before his injuries, and if it wasn't for Blair Walsh missing a chip shot game winner, he would have a playoff win.

That's my point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2019 at 5:59 PM, Geaux_Falcons said:

Talent wise? **** no. This team has talent. It's just not executing. 

If they had *talent* they'd be *executing*. Not *executing* is a poor man's excuse for sucking. "it went well in practice, we just couldn't execute when we had to play in a real game."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0