Fire TD First

SirCzah

5 minutes ago, shockerfalcon said:

Funny how the vast majority of posters felt that we’ve had a playoff caliber roster the past few years. Injuries took away 2018 but most were very optimistic going into the season. Now all of a sudden the roster is trash ctfu laughing right now. I’ve said it before I’ll say it again only falcon fans thinks TD sucks at his job. Not one expert or football guy has suggested that TD should be fired. Nearly all are putting the blame for this season squarely where it belongs on the shoulders of Dan Quinn. A lot of you are gonna be mightily disappointed when TD keeps his job again. 

These fans are not rational... TD is going to be around because he has navigated the cap very well and he has signed some great talent. People forget that the Falcons were irrelevant for decades before this regime took over. Some ideas work and some don’t. 

TD keeping his job is not the measure. It just means that his boss and the owner are either foolish or unable to admit their error.  Undervaluing O line importance is a fundamental error at the pro level.     That is TD’s biggest philosophical shortcoming.  The D is all Dan Quinn.    The talent is there. The coaching is abysmal.   But...It is the Falcons. 

2 minutes ago, stingbee said:

These fans are not rational... TD is going to be around because he has navigated the cap very well(heaven have mercy)......... People forget that the Falcons were irrelevant for decades before this regime took over. Some ideas work and some don’t. 

So irrelevant to mediocre, now why hesitate when it seems there is another step to make? 

4 minutes ago, the baptist said:

Defense, defense wasn't terrible, but it didn't match the offensive philosophy, the defense had no identity then it doesn't now

Yep far from memorable pretty much bbdb.Pass Rush was better then than it was now having Abe there.It did enough for us to be win though.Just not enough to get us over the top.

41 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

If Quinn has total control, why is TD here?

He does nothing, yet he is indispensable to our success. One of these things is not like the other. 

DQ is in charge of what he wants player and coaching wise anything to do with the teams day to day.

TD in charge of the scouting draft and salary cap.

TD basically facilitates what the HC asks for.

3 hours ago, SirCzah said:

Fire TD, bring in a new GM and let their staff evaluate our team top to bottom and let them make the new hires.

This team has had the EXACT SAME PROBLEMS every season since 2008, just at varying degrees.  There are ONLY TWO constants.  Ryan and Dimitroff.  Something has got to give.

Kind of hard to disagree w this.   Facts.  

43 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

If Quinn has total control, why is TD here?

He does nothing, yet he is indispensable to our success. One of these things is not like the other. 

There are plenty of teams that have the head coach with complete control that still have.  GM's.... that actually is very common in today's NFL...Seattle, Oakland...several others.

Quinn does not have complete control like say a Pete Carroll.   But he has considerable more say and Personnel matters than somebody like it Adam gase or Doug Marrone....and at the end of the day he gets the players that he wants...IE Alvin Bailey.....James Carpenter and others

The fact is TD for Better or Worse as always done what he could to supply the coaching staffs with the players of their choosing.   

He signed so many former Jaguar players that it became a joke, he got Nolan several of his players.....he loaded up the falcons with former Redskin players because of Shannahan.

I mean whos idea do you think it was to sign Rex "sexy rexy" Grossman to a contract??

Do I think he is indispensable? No do I think we could probably use a new voice? Possibly...... just like what part of me wants to give Quinn one more year there's another part of me that just wants to cut ties right now.

Make Bill Polian and Bill Parcells offers they can’t refuse (up to minority ownership) for full time consulting svc.  I’d evaluate everything from the scouting and draft board mgt to the game day, practice and clubhouse environments.  We need professional NFL atmosphere installed top to bottom.   No favorites, no sacred cows.   If I was blank I’d fire my concubine(s) if they got in my way.  Enough of the coddling and rah rah.   No one is above the cap versus value scales. Time for a real defense anchored by a beastly nasty line and same for offense.   Get innovative coordinators but philosophy must be hard nosed period!!!!!!

We need a cpl nasty lineman, a beast running back, keep hoop, a cpl beasts on D line and edges, two real cornerbacks and some coaches who aren’t fossils to run this thing and one professional/experiences HC who won’t be intimidated by any stars.  GM sb a complimentary fit with similar vision and proven talent evaluator.   

17 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

He scouts? He negotiates contracts? You know better than that.

Good....let him do those things as a director of scouting, or player personnel supervisor...

Give the General Manager title to someone who wants to own that position, not lease out responsibilities so he doesn't drown when the ship sinks