SirCzah

Fire TD First

118 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

So I ask again — if he does nothing (because that’s the only way the whole “it ain’t his fault” thing works), why keep him around?

Get a GM who does something  

We've had two superbowl rosters since he has been here. If Quinn had full control on the roster then how is this TD's fault?

He's found us some good players with the guidelines Quinn wanted.

Just now, Ovie_Lover said:

We've had two superbowl rosters since he has been here. If Quinn had full control on the roster then how is this TD's fault?

He's found us some good players with the guidelines Quinn wanted.

If Quinn has total control, why is TD here?

He does nothing, yet he is indispensable to our success. One of these things is not like the other. 

Funny how the vast majority of posters felt that we’ve had a playoff caliber roster the past few years. Injuries took away 2018 but most were very optimistic going into the season. Now all of a sudden the roster is trash ctfu laughing right now. I’ve said it before I’ll say it again only falcon fans thinks TD sucks at his job. Not one expert or football guy has suggested that TD should be fired. Nearly all are putting the blame for this season squarely where it belongs on the shoulders of Dan Quinn. A lot of you are gonna be mightily disappointed when TD keeps his job again. 

stingbee likes this

It's been a nice decade run with Dimi, it's time to let him go. Talent is ok but defensive talent is atrocious and so is the Oline. 

12 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

He does nothing, yet he is indispensable to our success. One of these things is not like the other. 

I haven't seen anyone with a response for this...

5 minutes ago, shockerfalcon said:

Funny how the vast majority of posters felt that we’ve had a playoff caliber roster the past few years. Injuries took away 2018 but most were very optimistic going into the season. Now all of a sudden the roster is trash ctfu laughing right now. I’ve said it before I’ll say it again only falcon fans thinks TD sucks at his job. Not one expert or football guy has suggested that TD should be fired. Nearly all are putting the blame for this season squarely where it belongs on the shoulders of Dan Quinn. A lot of you are gonna be mightily disappointed when TD keeps his job again. 

These fans are not rational... TD is going to be around because he has navigated the cap very well and he has signed some great talent. People forget that the Falcons were irrelevant for decades before this regime took over. Some ideas work and some don’t. 

3 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

It's been a nice decade run with Dimi, it's time to let him go. Talent is ok but defensive talent is atrocious and so is the Oline. 

Anybody seen Peter Konz?

TD keeping his job is not the measure. It just means that his boss and the owner are either foolish or unable to admit their error.  Undervaluing O line importance is a fundamental error at the pro level.     That is TD’s biggest philosophical shortcoming.  The D is all Dan Quinn.    The talent is there. The coaching is abysmal.   But...It is the Falcons. 

Doctor Kildare likes this

2 minutes ago, stingbee said:

These fans are not rational... TD is going to be around because he has navigated the cap very well(heaven have mercy)......... People forget that the Falcons were irrelevant for decades before this regime took over. Some ideas work and some don’t. 

So irrelevant to mediocre, now why hesitate when it seems there is another step to make? 

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

Ok so when we drafted Ryan and got Michael Turner in FA we didn’t run the football?

Yes......?

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

Ok so when we drafted Ryan and got Michael Turner in FA we didn’t run the football?

And they started dismantling the line soon thereafter. The “nasty” was gone.

Just now, JETCAT said:

And they started dismantling the line soon thereafter. The “nasty” was gone.

Dismantling clabo Dahl mud duck blalock and Baker we’re together for about 3-4 seasons.

TD needs to go. McKay should've been fired and not promoted in the first place. I would fire all of them now. Let the replacements decide what to do with Quinn & company. I wouldn't even allow TD to be evolved or there when Quinn is fired. 

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

So what were you saying no to?

Defense, defense wasn't terrible, but it didn't match the offensive philosophy, the defense had no identity then it doesn't now

47 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

See......posts like this is why there should be an intelligence test to use the internet.

How have the backups done from the beginning of the '18 season until now?  I eagerly await your response...

4 minutes ago, the baptist said:

Defense, defense wasn't terrible, but it didn't match the offensive philosophy, the defense had no identity then it doesn't now

Yep far from memorable pretty much bbdb.Pass Rush was better then than it was now having Abe there.It did enough for us to be win though.Just not enough to get us over the top.

4 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

Probably getting paid being the Michelin man mascot. 

Lol, I wasn't speaking to his condition, but that was funny

Osiruz likes this

41 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

DQ is in charge of what he wants player and coaching wise anything to do with the teams day to day.

TD in charge of the scouting draft and salary cap.

TD basically facilitates what the HC asks for.

JETCAT likes this

3 hours ago, SirCzah said:

I don't want the current FO involved in hiring the new HC.

Exactly and that's kind of why I want to wait till after the season or after the trade deadline to fire both td and quinn

3 hours ago, SirCzah said:

Fire TD, bring in a new GM and let their staff evaluate our team top to bottom and let them make the new hires.

This team has had the EXACT SAME PROBLEMS every season since 2008, just at varying degrees.  There are ONLY TWO constants.  Ryan and Dimitroff.  Something has got to give.

Kind of hard to disagree w this.   Facts.