SirCzah

Fire TD First

118 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

Correct. What I don’t get is why Quinn gets assigned 100% of the blame for that. 

I'd say it's 60-40. Either way the leadership just isn't making the right decisions.

JDaveG likes this

3 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Quinn doesn’t scout his own players. Any coach is reliant on the information the scouting department provides. He literally cannot do the scouting and player analysis on his own. 

He can choose from among available options the scouting department gives him, but he cannot scout them himself. 

But he does.....

He may not scout every single guy that we sign or draft but he certainly does do scouting.

https://thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/24/listen-dan-quinn-talks-scouting-at-the-2018-senior-bowl/

33 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Still doesn't answer.

New staff...old staff.........at the end of the day no gm is going to influence the calls that the head coach makes.

You still trying to defend Dimi? We need to purge the fan base too. You belong on the first train to the State Line. 

JDaveG likes this

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

But he does.....

He may not scout every single guy that we sign or draft but he certainly does do scouting.

https://thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/24/listen-dan-quinn-talks-scouting-at-the-2018-senior-bowl/

Every coach does some scouting. But he can’t do all the scouting. 

If he could, why bother with a scouting department at all?

51 minutes ago, SirCzah said:

Fire TD, bring in a new GM and let their staff evaluate our team top to bottom and let them make the new hires.

This team has had the EXACT SAME PROBLEMS every season since 2008, just at varying degrees.  There are ONLY TWO constants.  Ryan and Dimitroff.  Something has got to give.

I am a Dimi fan, I think he is an average GM to an OK g.m. but its time for him to go. He cant build OL or DL and that's been our Achilles heel. Also need a new QB IMO. We need to start off how we did in 2008 and take Swift to be our RB. We can draft QB if we trade MR2.

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

Just now, JDaveG said:

Every coach does some scouting. But he can’t do all the scouting. 

If he could, why bother with a scouting department at all?

You can make the same argument about TD.

As the GM he goes over the scouting reports that are given to him by the scouting department.

Neither guy is really down in the muck scouting.

Just now, falconsd56 said:

You can make the same argument about TD.

As the GM he goes over the scouting reports that are given to him by the scouting department.

Neither guy is really down in the muck scouting.

That’s correct. 

But one of them is in charge of player evaluation for players not yet on the roster and the other is in charge of player evaluation for players on the roster. And neither of them is doing his job particularly well. 

We actually need a new owner! (I know that's not going to happen) He is a main reason we're in cap heil. Him showing all that love for some of his favorites has the team in a position of no where to turn. On paper we supposedly have the best O in the league and couldn't score more than 3 pts for most of the game. So, owner, manager, coach and ball boy oughta to be about right.

Chitown2ATL_Falcon and JDaveG like this

Just now, JDaveG said:

That’s correct. 

But one of them is in charge of player evaluation for players not yet on the roster and the other is in charge of player evaluation for players on the roster. And neither of them is doing his job particularly well. 

I'm sorry I just can't see a person having complete control over the 53-man roster and not having a significant say it in the guys who battle for those roster spots.

Especially with him being still semi recently removed from the college game

Remember Neal actually played for Quinn in Florida.

Just now, falconsd56 said:

I'm sorry I just can't see a person having complete control over the 53-man roster and not having a significant say it in the guys who battle for those roster spots.

Especially with him being still semi recently removed from the college game

Remember Neal actually played for Quinn in Florida.

Let me ask you a question. Since TD, according to you, doesn’t do anything except work the cap, why is it a problem to fire him?

Lots of guys can do math. We need someone who can run a football organization. 

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

9 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

You still trying to defend Dimi? We need to purge the fan base too. You belong on the first train to the State Line. 

If we could purge the fan base....your dumb would have been purged years ago.

If I’m to off load T D it’s because we have tried several different ways to get the result we desire.He has come up short through one reason or another.

Hes had a strong influence on the franchises record if we are to cut ties I’d be fine with it.

One thing be careful what you wish for the next guy might not be up to what TD has bought the last decade.

falconsd56 likes this

Just now, JDaveG said:

Let me ask you a question. Since TD, according to you, doesn’t do anything except work the cap, why is it a problem to fire him?

Lots of guys can do math. We need someone who can run a football organization. 

TD does more than just cap work.... I think you misunderstand me I am not saying that he is completely blameless because when your team is 1 and 6 there and is on a rapid path for 2nd strait losing season.... is usually enough blame to go around for everybody.

However what I'm seeing on the field to me isn't necessarily a direct result of personnel.

Again we had Beasley in pass coverage against Gurley.....to be fair to Vic....he actually had decent coverage and I don't think Gurley had complete control until he went out of bounds...but that is a different conversation..

But it us the fact that we keep using Vic in coverage when that id clearly not his strong suit....and we continually just drop 8 and rush 3....that is not on personnel imo.

6 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

If I’m to off load T D it’s because we have tried several different ways to get the result we desire.He has come up short through one reason or another.

Hes had a strong influence on the franchises record if we are to cut ties I’d be fine with it.

One thing be careful what you wish for the next guy might not be up to what TD has bought the last decade.

Yup.

I always think about the Minnesota Vikings... and how their fans clamor for Denny green to be fired after making the playoffs on a consistent basis but not advancing as far as they could have or should have.

Or you can just look at the browns...and the cluster that is that organization.

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

I fully understand what he means I just think it's short-sighted.

TD gets the players Quinn wants and Quinn is one who is responsible and has final say over the 53.

TD makes the board..Quinn picks the players..So TD should have a lifetime job?  Since All he does is pick the players the coaches want? lol

Edited by zekeyboy1

1 hour ago, SirCzah said:

Fire TD, bring in a new GM and let their staff evaluate our team top to bottom and let them make the new hires.

This team has had the EXACT SAME PROBLEMS every season since 2008, just at varying degrees.  There are ONLY TWO constants.  Ryan and Dimitroff.  Something has got to give.

1 hour ago, Smiler11 said:

And since 2008 this team should have won 2 super bowls.

The naked truth!

24 minutes ago, zekeyboy1 said:

TD makes the board..Quinn picks the players..So TD should have a lifetime job?  Since All he does is pick the players the coaches want? lol

He isn't the only one making the boards.

Should he have a lifetime job?

Nope....but again he ia not the one dropping Beasley as a FS :)

TD used to go for it when he first got here signing Turner drafting Ryan even though Sam Baker was a bust trading up for him was still ballsy as a first time GM and we made the playoffs he traded for Tony G and since we lost that NFCCG it seems like we are scared to go all in again to win our window may have closed sadly we need a whole new regime at this point I love Matt but a new QB may be needed as well it’s not like we’re winning a Super Bowl anytime soon anyway might as well reset it at this point 

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

Still doesn't answer.

New staff...old staff.........at the end of the day no gm is going to influence the calls that the head coach makes.

True but if the GM is the problem then get rid of him first before hiring a new HC. . . . that's all

JDaveG likes this

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

If Dimitroff is still here and they fire Quinn it just proves Blank is incapable of learning. Dimitroff threw Smitty under the bus. He can’t do that with Quinn. 

At some point “we hired the wrong guy” stops working when you’re the one responsible for hiring. 

TD didnt hire Quinn

51 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Same ole kiwi...

6 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

True but if the GM is the problem then get rid of him first before hiring a new HC. . . . that's all

And this goes to the Crux of the argument...... who is really the problem.

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

Lol yeah let’s let any scrub in here let the merry go round go again.

We were never going around, everything is still going my way