SirCzah

Fire TD First

118 posts in this topic

Fire TD, bring in a new GM and let their staff evaluate our team top to bottom and let them make the new hires.

This team has had the EXACT SAME PROBLEMS every season since 2008, just at varying degrees.  There are ONLY TWO constants.  Ryan and Dimitroff.  Something has got to give.

zekeyboy1, The Rock, CTann and 15 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Complete the cleanse, start with McKay, the dummy who hired TD. McKay, TD, and Quinn and all scouts. Clean out the cancers. Complete tear down. Falcons fans deserve it. Blank needs to show he's serious, just firing TD and Quinn and letting McKay hire another light weight is repeating the same "process". Clean house. FIRE THEM ALL. 

SirCzah, zekeyboy1, GreggT and 4 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Dimitroff is still here and they fire Quinn it just proves Blank is incapable of learning. Dimitroff threw Smitty under the bus. He can’t do that with Quinn. 

At some point “we hired the wrong guy” stops working when you’re the one responsible for hiring. 

Osiruz, JETCAT, D.B.N. and 6 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is McKay still here? Why is Blank still taking his advice. The game has passed him by. He needs no input on the next GM. Newxt team President and GM needs to be ED DODDS. Period end of discussion. A NFL GM THAT CAN EVALUATE LINEMEN!

SirCzah and ATLSlobberKnockers like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

So the new GM is going to make Quinn rush more than 3 guys???

".....bring in a new GM and let their staff evaluate our team top to bottom and let them make the new hires."

Francis York Morgan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Halcon-1 said:

".....bring in a new GM and let their staff evaluate our team top to bottom and let them make the new hires."

Still doesn't answer.

New staff...old staff.........at the end of the day no gm is going to influence the calls that the head coach makes.

UnrealfalcoN likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Why is McKay still here? Why is Blank still taking his advice. The game has passed him by. He needs no input on the next GM. Newxt team President and GM needs to be ED DODDS. Period end of discussion. A NFL GM THAT CAN EVALUATE LINEMEN!

Ugh, McKay is so pointless that I keep forgetting that he is still leeching money off of this franchise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

So the new GM is going to make Quinn rush more than 3 guys???

I think he means fire TD along with Quinn and everyone else..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zekeyboy1 said:

I think he means fire TD along with Quinn and everyone else..

 

I fully understand what he means I just think it's short-sighted.

 

TD gets the players Quinn wants and Quinn is one who is responsible and has final say over the 53.

 

shockerfalcon and NeonDeion like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

If Dimitroff is still here and they fire Quinn it just proves Blank is incapable of learning. Dimitroff threw Smitty under the bus. He can’t do that with Quinn. 

At some point “we hired the wrong guy” stops working when you’re the one responsible for hiring. 

The question becomes.....who hired Quinn.

Was it TD or was it Blank.

Because if you remember way back before the 2015 season we interviewed a lot of candidates and one guy that actually had considerable amount of sway was Scott Pioli.

There was alot made about TD having authority stripped.

Now I actually I'm not defending TD here I just think we as fans tend to put the bullseye on the incorrect target at times....often with out knowing the real ins and outs.

It is easy to see the current slate of things and want to **** can every one but wholesale regime changes can have sever drawbacks

Smiler11 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

 

I fully understand what he means I just think it's short-sighted.

 

TD gets the players Quinn wants and Quinn is one who is responsible and has final say over the 53.

 

The HC "chooses" the players based on the scouting reports provided by the GM.  Quinn hasn't scouted a single player drafted by this team.

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

 

I fully understand what he means I just think it's short-sighted.

 

TD gets the players Quinn wants and Quinn is one who is responsible and has final say over the 53.

 

But as a general manger you should have final say if a player isnt up too standards or atleast 50/50 so both can go.or bring scott poilli back in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SirCzah said:

The HC "chooses" the players based on the scouting reports provided by the GM.  Quinn hasn't scouted a single player drafted by this team.

Yeah...no that is not how that works....especially here.

Quinn has considerable say in all personnel acquisition

Smiler11 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Califalcon0013 said:

But as a general manger you should have final say if a player isnt up too standards or atleast 50/50 so both can go.or bring scott poilli back in

But that is not how this front office is structured.

 

What I think is going to happen is that the next coach will get we'll have pretty much complete control and that there will be a figurehead GM much like in Seattle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Yeah...no that is not how that works....especially here.

Quinn has considerable say in all personnel acquisition

TD makes the draft board from what I underrstand. Quinn's dumb*** makes the picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Yeah...no that is not how that works....especially here.

Quinn has considerable say in all personnel acquisition

Quinn doesn’t scout his own players. Any coach is reliant on the information the scouting department provides. He literally cannot do the scouting and player analysis on his own. 
 

He can choose from among available options the scouting department gives him, but he cannot scout them himself. 

Chaz and Francis York Morgan like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JDaveG said:

Quinn doesn’t scout his own players. Any coach is reliant on the information the scouting department provides. He literally cannot do the scouting and player analysis on his own. 
 

He can choose from among available options the scouting department gives him, but he cannot scout them himself. 

A lot of it is based off of what kind of team he wants to run. These guys don't exist in separate bubbles. They work together based on the vision for the team. It's obvious there is no vision for the team at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jesus said:

A lot of it is based off of what kind of team he wants to run. These guys don't exist in separate bubbles. They work together based on the vision for the team. It's obvious there is no vision for the team at the moment.

Correct. What I don’t get is why Quinn gets assigned 100% of the blame for that. 

Jesus and Chitown2ATL_Falcon like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now