Jump to content

Dire cap situation next season.


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Whatever. 

People hate the team when they spend money and hate them when they don't. 

:D so you're fine with having no cap space next season and on the verge of going 1 - 6 with the head coach pretty much as good as fired?! How do you see this getting better may I ask?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

You said the answer yourself. The coach getting fired. 

OK. so when the defensive personnel "fits" DQ's philosophy the next DC coming in is pretty much stuck. No cap moves to make many personnel changes. I just don't see how we'll get much better on that side of that ball. Offensively we could be OK, but we'll lose Mack and Sanu. Probably just to re-sign hoop. Those will be glaring holes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Whatever. 

People hate the team when they spend money and hate them when they don't. 

I think people get more upset with where the money gets allocated...

Jake Matthews...why?  He’s never been good.

Ricardo Allen...this regime’s Kroy Biermann.

Devonta Freeman...the guy that whiffed on a block in the super bowl after complaining about his contract during super bowl week

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What if we trade Matt right now... wBring in New GM and HC..I think we could get a 1st and 2nd round picks in this upcoming draft for Matt right now.

Probably get a 4th or 5th for these players: Freeman, Sanu, Trufant, Beasley, Takk ,Allen , Oliver, Crawford

Players gone after this season: Ortiz, Hill, Barber, Campbell,Beasley, Neal, Stocker, Bosher, Bryant, Schaub, Hardy, Neasman, Ishmael.

This off-season this franchise will be getting some new leadership and direction

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

What if we trade Matt right now... wBring in New GM and HC..I think we could get a 1st and 2nd round picks in this upcoming draft for Matt right now.

Probably get a 4th or 5th for these players: Freeman, Sanu, Trufant, Beasley, Takk ,Allen , Oliver, Crawford

Players gone after this season: Ortiz, Hill, Barber, Campbell,Beasley, Neal, Stocker, Bosher, Bryant, Schaub, Hardy, Neasman, Ishmael.

This off-season this franchise will be getting some new leadership and direction

Add to that Mack, and Sanu.  cap casualties.  

I'm not sure many teams can take on those bloated contracts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

I think people get more upset with where the money gets allocated...

Jake Matthews...why?  He’s never been good.

Ricardo Allen...this regime’s Kroy Biermann.

Devonta Freeman...the guy that whiffed on a block in the super bowl after complaining about his contract during super bowl week

I think "The Brotherhood" concept went too far. It's a good thing for sure, but sometimes I think emotions were involved. I can't fault them for extending Freeman, even though it was horrible timing. He looked incredible at the time, but it was a result of Shanny's schemes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ThemDarnFalconsBoy! said:

2019-10-20.jpg

A picture is worth a 1000 words.

This graph is tremendously misleading and doesn't mean what you think it does.  The Falcons are actually in one of the best cap situations in the NFL.

By this graph, the Redskins look to be in a much better situation, yet they've got another $71M in cap space allocated a QB that may never play again.

 

Edited by JeffAtl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JeffAtl said:

This graph is tremendously misleading and doesn't mean what you think it does.  The Falcons are actually in one of the best cap situations in the NFL.

 

OK, how about just a number. The Falcons will have -$10 million in cap space at the start of the 2020 offseason.  How is that one of the best cap situations?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, *TMo* said:

Trade Julio Jones and Matt Ryan and that graph changes dramatically.

That is not how the cap works. If we traded both players, all signing bonus would apply immediately, even worsening our cap situation because the signing bonus is bigger than their salaries.

This team can‘t do much. Only players like Freeman, Trufant and Sanu (all at the end of their contracts) could be traded/released... Beasley is off the books anyway next season, question is if we can trade him the next 10 days to have those savings roll over to 2020. But we might even add a 7th rounder for anyone to take him, I am not kidding... it is like what the Texans did with Osweiler.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...