Jump to content

Cole World who you got


atlbaby
 Share

Recommended Posts

Lol, I wasn't going to come to this forum until mid to late November.

I was hoping Quinn would turn things around but as it stands right now it doesn't look that way.

I like a few guys in college and will make a separate thread at a later time but if I had to go with our current draft position for round 1 and round 2 I would go with:

Pick #3 - DE Chase Young (1a) or  DT Derrick Brown (1b)... I like S Grant Delpit, OT Andrew Thomas, LB Isaiah Simmons and a few other but not necessarily at pick 3.

Pick #35 - C Creed Humphrey.....  I like Tyler Biadasz too but I like Humphrey more. We need someone to eventually be Alex Mack replacement and one of those two could be it. Let one play LG for a year if we hold on to Mack.

 

GM: Bring back Scott Pioli

Coach: Kevin Stefanski (Vikings OC)

OC: Mike McDaniel (49ers run game coordinator)

DC: I'm hoping that Broncos fires Elway and the coaching staff and we can get Vic Fangio

Link to comment
Share on other sites

An small article on Stefanski

Quote

Kevin Stefanski nearly became an NFL head coach this offseason, but the Cleveland Browns decided to elevate Freddie Kitchens instead. Stefanski returned to the Minnesota Vikings as their offensive coordinator and now has a full season to prove he's ready for the next step. 

"Kevin's proven over many years in the Vikings facility that he's a great coach, a great leader, carries himself well and is the right person to lead our offense going forward," quarterback Kirk Cousins said, per Vikings social media

Stefanski served as a Vikings assistant since 2006 before taking over as coordinator midseason in 2018 for the fired John DeFilippo. 

Head coach Mike Zimmer made the move because he wanted a more balanced attack. Stefanski immediately changed the scheme's approach by doubling the rate of two-tight end sets and became a far more efficient passing offense, according to Sharp Football Analysis' Warren Sharp. 

The formation plays to Cousins' strengths since he excels in the play-action passing game. The Vikings plan to expand the package after Gary Kubiak's hire as assistant head coach and offensive advisor. 

"It's no secret Kirk came up under both coach Shanahans and had some success in that system," the 37-year-old Stefanksi said, per Pro Football Talk's Josh Alper. "There are a lot of similarities, then, to what we are doing moving forward. ... Obviously you evolve, I would hope, year-to-year and I hope really week-to-week that our offense looks different."

The chance to maximize Cousins' value (after signing a three-year, $84 million deal last offseason) can significantly raise Stefanski's profile. 

Analytics serve as another selling point. Most franchises want to be on the cutting edge. According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Stefanski is "big into analytics." A forward-thinking organization should highly value the coach's approach.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cole World said:

GM: Bring back Scott Pioli

Coach: Kevin Stefanski (Vikings OC)

OC: Mike McDaniel (49ers run game coordinator)

DC: I'm hoping that Broncos fires Elway and the coaching staff and we can get Vic Fangio

I FW Pioli for sure. Iffy on Stefanski, but I love what he's done with the outside zone in Minnesota. I'm really hoping for a defensive minded stud, but its likely we go offensive minded to provide stability for MR2. McDaniels WILL get an interview. Such a boring name though. 

Offensive minded HC and maybe Rex at DC does make sense but it's hard to decipher who commands the offense. 

Kubiak was a thought but he was rough as Texans HC.

Also, Blank rarely hires offensive minded head coaches. I can foresee him saying "we need to transform this defense."

There will likely be a total rebuild on defense, so I imagine the roster would be in the hands of a head coach, rather than a DC (who may be the one with the idea and could end up leaving.) We would need someone who can put the personnel together and stick in ATL.

First name is Eberflus who has really good players all around. Has always transformed LBs into studs. 

GM: Scott Pioli

HC: Matt Eberflus

OC: Dirk Koetter (shown flashes of creativity. Not necessary for MR2 to need to develop in another scheme)

DC: Dave Borgonzi (his LB coach in Dallas and Colts currently)

Edited by cam-marino
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, cam-marino said:

I FW Pioli for sure. Iffy on Stefanski, but I love what he's done with the outside zone in Minnesota. I'm really hoping for a defensive minded stud, but its likely we go offensive minded to provide stability for MR2. McDaniels WILL get an interview. Such a boring name though. 

Offensive minded HC and maybe Rex at DC does make sense but it's hard to decipher who commands the offense. 

Kubiak was a thought but he was rough as Texans HC.

Also, Blank rarely hires offensive minded head coaches. I can foresee him saying "we need to transform this defense."

There will likely be a total rebuild on defense, so I imagine the roster would be in the hands of a head coach, rather than a DC (who may be the one with the idea and could end up leaving.) We would need someone who can put the personnel together and stick in ATL.

First name is Eberflus who has really good players all around. Has always transformed LBs into studs. 

GM: Scott Pioli

HC: Matt Eberflus

OC: Dirk Koetter

DC: Dave Borgonzi (his LB coach in Dallas and Colts currently)

If we go with another defensive minded coach I could see Eberflus, but I can't get down with Koetter.

The reason I want Stefanski and McDaniel is because both are familiar with the outside zone scheme meaning Ryan wouldn't have much if any learning curve.

It would also serve well for our OL Matthews, Mack, Lindstrom, McGary, and hopefully Humphrey.

I want Fangio because he one of the best defensive minds in the game and who he can bring with him (Ed Donatell - Secondary and Bill Kollar - DL).

I also like Vikings DL coach, Andre Patterson but I'm not sure if he could pull together a defensive staff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Cole World said:

Pick #3 - DE Chase Young (1a) or  DT Derrick Brown (1b)... I like S Grant Delpit, OT Andrew Thomas, LB Isaiah Simmons and a few other but not necessarily at pick 3.

Pick #35 - C Creed Humphrey.....  I like Tyler Biadasz too but I like Humphrey more. We need someone to eventually be Alex Mack replacement and one of those two could be it. Let one play LG for a year if we hold on to Mack.

 

GM: Bring back Scott Pioli

Coach: Kevin Stefanski (Vikings OC)

OC: Mike McDaniel (49ers run game coordinator)

DC: I'm hoping that Broncos fires Elway and the coaching staff and we can get Vic Fangio

NVM I thought you were somebody else on Twitter. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2019 at 11:15 AM, Cole World said:

If we go with another defensive minded coach I could see Eberflus, but I can't get down with Koetter.

The reason I want Stefanski and McDaniel is because both are familiar with the outside zone scheme meaning Ryan wouldn't have much if any learning curve.

It would also serve well for our OL Matthews, Mack, Lindstrom, McGary, and hopefully Humphrey.

I want Fangio because he one of the best defensive minds in the game and who he can bring with him (Ed Donatell - Secondary and Bill Kollar - DL).

I also like Vikings DL coach, Andre Patterson but I'm not sure if he could pull together a defensive staff.

Changing away from an inside gap scheme is an adjustment fort MR2. At one point, they'll start getting pissed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2019 at 11:15 AM, Cole World said:

If we go with another defensive minded coach I could see Eberflus, but I can't get down with Koetter.

The reason I want Stefanski and McDaniel is because both are familiar with the outside zone scheme meaning Ryan wouldn't have much if any learning curve.

It would also serve well for our OL Matthews, Mack, Lindstrom, McGary, and hopefully Humphrey.

I want Fangio because he one of the best defensive minds in the game and who he can bring with him (Ed Donatell - Secondary and Bill Kollar - DL).

I also like Vikings DL coach, Andre Patterson but I'm not sure if he could pull together a defensive staff.

Ive changed my entire prediction lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...