203 posts in this topic

Quinn seems like a genuinely good dude! He is ultra positive, upbeat, and always cheering his guys on. I feel bad for the dude, but he is truly a dead man walking. 

My thoughts are that he would be a great college coach. If I had a big time college program, I would have him on my short list. 

Just now, 4dabirds said:

Why keep DQ, he has nothing left to offer. The team is in complete shambles right now. SEND A MESSAGE that this pathetic play is unacceptable. DAN QUINN MUST GO NOW!!!!!!

Agreed.

TX Falcon likes this

13 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Quinn seems like a genuinely good dude! He is ultra positive, upbeat, and always cheering his guys on. I feel bad for the dude, but he is truly a dead man walking. 

My thoughts are that he would be a great college coach. If I had a big time college program, I would have him on my short list. 

source.gif

2 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Quinn desperately needs to rehab his image.  I say he goes back to college as DC or DL coach in NFL.  No one will want him as a HC after this season is done.

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

Just changing coaches wont change anything this roster is terrible, you gotta fire all GMs, scouts, and team presidents and do a complete tear down, this is like watching a JV team trying to comete with a Varsity team, our team is undersized and not as talented in several positions, especially on o line and d line. Yes fire Quinn but also fire McKay, TD, and all scouts. I want Blank to show me he is serious, and just hiring another coach wont do it. I want a complete tear down and rebuild because outside of four or five players this roster is TERRIBLE!

Just now, shockerfalcon said:

Keeping DQ as coach will insure us a top 3-5 pick. No need to let another coach come in and rally the troops to meaningless wins that ruins our draft position

No one is going to rally anything for the Falcons, but you don't reward/give respect for **** efforts. You send a message and let the players know that the trash will be taken out.

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

After this blowout, it may just happen

I hope so.  Hard to say it but they are lucky it's only 3-27.  It could have been worse.  Under Smith this team never looked this bad.  

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

What will firing him right now accomplish?

What will keeping DQ accomplish? Let the players know that no one is safe.

Keeping him might actually accomplish something.... after watching the way he has coach defense this season I'd be surprised if any team would give him a second chance.

Edited by Oldbird1975

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

What will firing him right now accomplish?

Maybe give a hint to the fans that constant failure will not be tolerated and that ownership is taking it seriously.  Idk seriously 

freefall, PK Manley and 4dabirds like this

Just now, 4dabirds said:

No one is going to rally anything for the Falcons, but you don't reward/give respect for **** efforts. You send a message and let the players know that the trash will be taken out.

For all anyone knows Blank could’ve already told him privately he’s fired after this season if he doesn’t get the team a few more wins

1 minute ago, 4dabirds said:

This isn't the way professional athletes think, nor does it set any "tone" by management.  It's not about rewards, as that is all related to their contracts, specifically guaranteed money.  At this level, "sending a message" for the players benefit, has nothing to do with the coach.

Keep him in. We need the highest draft picks possible. Longer he stays, more Ls we take...

Quinn finally admits to failure by allowing Beasley to be put on the trade block. That was a wasted 12.8 million this year. Takk and Grady are the only DL that are capable of making plays right now. Debo is our only good LB and he is missing tackles. Rico trying his hardest but he can’t erase all the mistakes of sub par corners. We don’t have a single CB on this roster that can hang with a #1 WR.

We are really in bad shape. Outside of Takk, Grady, Debo, Rico and Keke I don’t care to keep any defensive pieces. We need an overhaul. offensively the OL is still a mess. Jake regressed this year and Mack isn’t getting younger. Ryan is 2nd in yards and 1st in pass TDs but it’s not because the offense looks good, we are just always catching up. We’re getting manhandled at home by struggling teams. It’s broken. 

TD needs to find us another coach. The drafts were DQ based drafts. Light quick guys aren’t getting it done. We also need more beef on the OL. Our 1st round picks are quality guys but outside of Lindstrom nobody really gets push. 

Dirtybird56 and FalconFan1st like this

Our problems are more the Jims and Joes we are trotting out there vs the Xs and the Os. Fire everyone, McKay, TD, Quinn, all scouts, hire Ed Dodds, Time for COMPLETE tear down. Fans are sick of same old same old. FIX the problem this time vs putting a band aid on it. The Falcons cancers sits in the front office and trickles all the way down thru their scouting department. Clean it all out. McKay, TD, Quinn, all scouts pack your stuff.