German Falcon

Should the Falcons move to anther town

61 posts in this topic

I love these threads.

Falcons stink it up, break our hearts with 28-3, are in the midst of a disaster and it’s the fans fault.

If you’re going to complain about the crowds at the Dome please at least have the decency to have had skin in the game at one point.

Its easy on complain about things from afar but don’t try and crap on people for their right to protest and not show for tickets they already paid for.

That being said when the Thanksgiving Game turns into a Saints home game then feel free to complain about all the people that sold their tickets to the dregs of humanity....

MAD597 likes this

15 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Cleveland.

Oakland.

The pre-Favre Packers.

The pre-Reid Eagles.

The pre-Brady Patriots.

The Steelers and Cowboys fans sell out OTHER TEAM'S stadiums.

Meanwhile, even when we are winning, there are as many away fans as Falcons fans in our stands. Worse yet, was how many "fans" actually CHEERED when Chandler was injured. Chandler took us to as many Super Bowls as Ryan has, and our lowlife scumbag section of fans CHEERED HIS INJURY.

I've never even been to the city of Atlanta, and I'm a better fan than most native Atlanta residents.

Its a fact we have some of the dumbest fans on the planet. And the bulk of the stupid fans, thing the solution is to get more UGA players. 

This team will never leave ATL, but it should.

18 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I can link 2 threads within 10 minutes that give this one a run for its money

LOL do it. I need a laugh.

ya_boi_j likes this

Just now, Skeetbird said:

LOL do it. I need a laugh.

lol all I will say is they both were started by the person I quoted within 7 minutes of each other yesterday lol

Skeetbird likes this

19 hours ago, German Falcon said:

While there is no support from the fans ... maybe this stops the curse

This team deserves to go to an obscure place... maybe like Meridian, Mississippi... Yeah, thats it. The Meridian Falcons. 

Hopefully, high school football won't over shadow pro football like it does in this town. 

Edited by joeyg2033

From what I saw,the first owner and founder didn't want a winner.The team would do something,everything wrong,the fans would lose interest,they would do something interesting,win  a Division title,a Super Bowl trip.When they have the fans interest,they go back to doing DUMB things.And the ONLY reason they had the Ga.Dome.is Atl got the Olympics,cause Rankin Smith St.wasnt going to finance a new stadium.

19 hours ago, blutarski said:

Of course you can blame the fan base for not supporting the team.  There are dozens of fan bases of NFL teams that show up, regardless of the situation the team is in.  This has been thoroughly proven time and time again.

That's their choice. 

I used to be like that.  Had Falcons season tickets for many years, most of them awful. 

Now I choose not to spend my money on inferior products.  

If that makes me a bad fan, then guess I'm a bad fan.  

This isn't just about a single season, seriously look at the 53 year history of this franchise, what have they done in that entire 53 years to endear it's fans to this team? Everytime they even seem like they might break through they fold like lawn chairs in the spotlight. Then take account to the bad coaching, bad GM's, bad owners and players that leave and become HOF's elsewhere, seriously WHAT has this team done to deserve a loyal fanbase?

53 years of losing in the worst possible ways and spitting in the fans face is all we have gotten.

22 minutes ago, octoslash said:

That's their choice. 

I used to be like that.  Had Falcons season tickets for many years, most of them awful. 

Now I choose not to spend my money on inferior products.  

If that makes me a bad fan, then guess I'm a bad fan.  

This is perfectly legit, and I agree with  your line of action.  It's with the fans who have purchased tickets, (PSL along with season tickets) that choose not to show up consistently.  Before PSL's, just season ticket holders did the same thing, and the only time fans would consistently fill the arena would be during playoffs.  I've spoken to a number of players who play against the Falcons, and they see the empty seats as well, and it's well known throughout the league.

Depends on whose perspective you are asking this question.  Are you asking this from the perspective of a fan?  Or are you asking this from the perspective of a billionaire owner?  From the perspective of an owner the answer is probably yes.  They have no loyalty to any city, they only care about profit and winning.  If attendance numbers are low and it is hard to get loyal fan support to go to home games and buy merchandise then the answer is yes.  As far as there being a new stadium that was just built to consider, I do not think this is much of a factor as billionaires usually get tax dollars and subsidies to pay for a majority of the cost and corporate sponsorship to pay for the rest.  This is going to be the case for any city which would lobby for a new NFL team.  These desperate cities practically throw bags of cash to these billionaires in an attempt to get them to come to their city.  It is rather pathetic.