German Falcon

Should the Falcons move to anther town

61 posts in this topic

Atlanta is too big a market to not have a football team - if the product currently being sold to it as a NFL team were put in almost every other market in the country, there would be riots by ticketholders.

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

46 minutes ago, blutarski said:

Of course you can blame the fan base for not supporting the team.  There are dozens of fan bases of NFL teams that show up, regardless of the situation the team is in.  This has been thoroughly proven time and time again.

Wow! And I thought the OP was whacked.

Don't blame the fans for this organization never being able to get its **** together. Many other NFL cities have enjoyed success, and I'll guarantee you that the fans had little to do with that success other than cheering for good plays, which is to be expected. 

I say let McKay go because I want to know with confidence that no one but the NEW head coach and GM are having input on picks. Our roster is so bad on the o-line and d-line I want everyone in Flowery branch cleared out because as a 40+ year fan I want to know we have fresh blood in the building making decisions. Time for a complete tear down and rebuild front office and coaching staff. 

3 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

You should not get support for simply existing. This team isn't even trying, why should we support them.

The fan issue isn't a 2019 thing.  It has historically been this way, even when the product was good on the field.  If you are a fan, be a fan, support the team regardless of the outcome.  I understand the casual fan that can give or take it, but that's not what i'm talking about.  Maybe my assumption is wrong, and the majority of our fans are casual, which may be why they consistently do other things than show up for Sunday afternoons.

49 minutes ago, blutarski said:

Of course you can blame the fan base for not supporting the team.  There are dozens of fan bases of NFL teams that show up, regardless of the situation the team is in.  This has been thoroughly proven time and time again.

What goes around comes around - when a team produces wins and titles across multiple generations, local fans are more loyal to the team.  Of course, New England fans are loyal right now as are the likes of Green Bay, Dallas, Pittsburgh, and maybe even New Orleans right now.  It helps that those teams all have wins and titles to proclaim.

However, places like Detroit, Indianapolis, Miami, Washington, and even Carolina (Charlotte) are as fair-weather as Atlanta because they have nothing to show for all the prior fanaticism they have given in the past.  And, for an Atlanta fan to support the garbage currently being put on the field right now is ridiculous.  A true fan would want changes immediately.

Godzilla1985 and ratesforless like this

atlanta football fans lost the opportunity to get rid of the falcons waaaaay back when Jacksonville wanted them...

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1988/09/21/The-Atlanta-Falcons-frustrated-by-attempts-to-get-a/3827590817600/

ATLANTA -- The Atlanta Falcons, frustrated by attempts to get a new stadium in metropolitan Atlanta, reportedly are taking another look at Jacksonville, Fla., where an official said an 82,000-seat stadium is immediately available.

Rick Catlett, staff director for the Jacksonville National Football League Task Force, Tuesday night told the Atlanta Constitution that Falcons officials recently asked for 'clarification' of a long-time offer.

'They brought up a move in '89, and we told them it is certainly open to discussion,' Catlett said. 'It would be up to the Falcons. Obviously, Jacksonville has a stadium that seats 82,000 and is available tomorrow.'

He said the Falcons asked Jacksonville if it would buy out the final two years on the team's lease at Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium.

'They asked; we made no commitments,' Catlett said.

The Constitution said Falcons owner Rankin Smith Sr., acknowledged his interest in Jacksonville had been rekindled.

MAD597 likes this

22 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Cleveland.

Oakland.

The pre-Favre Packers.

The pre-Reid Eagles.

The pre-Brady Patriots.

The Steelers and Cowboys fans sell out OTHER TEAM'S stadiums.

Meanwhile, even when we are winning, there are as many away fans as Falcons fans in our stands. Worse yet, was how many "fans" actually CHEERED when Chandler was injured. Chandler took us to as many Super Bowls as Ryan has, and our lowlife scumbag section of fans CHEERED HIS INJURY.

I've never even been to the city of Atlanta, and I'm a better fan than most native Atlanta residents.

You lost credibility with your last sentence. And, how many people move from Atlanta to those cities in droves verses from those cities to Atlanta. You should know why the **** you’re talking about before you send posts like this.

Edited by stlouisfalcon
Added to comment
ratesforless and Godzilla1985 like this

Those other fanbases have a history of success, ending in Super Bowl parades. The Browns have been around forever and have the lovable loser cache to keep the stands full (see Cubs, Chicago). Meanwhile, the Falcons are most famous for their former players winning rings elsewhere and well, you know (see Super Bowl LI).

In a transient town like this where the majority of folks with discretionary income are from other NFL cities and the natives know better and stay home, you'd better bring more to the table than a 1-6 record. This isn't Cleveland or Philly where the vast majority of folks there are born, raised, live, and die Browns or Eagles football 24/7/365.25. In the heart of SEC country, losing is not tolerated and is answered with empty seats (see Tennessee, Knoxville)...

Godzilla1985 and MAD597 like this

25 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Atlanta is too big a market to not have a football team - if the product currently being sold to it as a NFL team were put in almost every other market in the country, there would be riots by ticketholders.

That's not what he's sayin'. I'm puttin' words in his mouth but I think he wants to start our cities team over.

Well I guess my fellow countryman is in the same situation as I am, loyality to the Falcons but none to the city of Atlanta... can you blame him imagining the Falcons playing some place else where players are less distracted and fans more fanatic?

German Falcon likes this

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

The Falcons do not deserve support for simply existing, this franchise is 54 years old and has not produced anything worthwhile for the city other then disappointment and embarrassment.

F*** off!

You don't know jack squat about all the things this team has done for Atlanta!

Take your f****** hate and go somewhere else!

19 minutes ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

F*** off!

You don't know jack squat about all the things this team has done for Atlanta!

Take your f****** hate and go somewhere else!

Bite me, I've seen and suffered as a fan since the 1970s and this **** franchise has only brought disappointment and embarrassment to the city. We should ship them away and let another city deal with this franchises utter history of crap.

They've done nothing here but fail in the spotlight.

6 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Bite me, I've seen and suffered as a fan since the 1970s and this **** franchise has only brought disappointment and embarrassment to the city. We should ship them away and let another city deal with this franchises utter history of crap.

They've done nothing here but fail in the spotlight.

I'll bet the community disagrees.

Since AB took over this team, we've had a winning culture on and off the field.

Everything this org has done for Atlanta and surrounding communities has been awesome.

There is a vacant pasture just West of Tallapoosa, Ga. it’s not the Benz but I think we can make it work. OP why don’t you go start cleaning out the cowpies so the Falcons can play there. We will come help. We promise:)

6 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

I say let McKay go because I want to know with confidence that no one but the NEW head coach and GM are having input on picks. Our roster is so bad on the o-line and d-line I want everyone in Flowery branch cleared out because as a 40+ year fan I want to know we have fresh blood in the building making decisions. Time for a complete tear down and rebuild front office and coaching staff. 

They should clean house, but McKay protected himself by being on the Competition Committee, which Blank probably values.

It is certainly worth considering.

Lots to consider there in the consideration part.

But all things considered, its a consideration to be considered.

Edited by FTF

Nah! We extolled the virtues of cap genius TD, yet, here we are! As bad as the  Taints, and can brag no longer about how astute this Bytch is in managing  the team cap space and Arthur’s money! We are just as ****ed as they, the Taints are moving forward! See Arthur, you gave these clowns too much leeway, and they ****ed up this team, and fans!!! 

Hang them from the gallows.  Post haste!!