KCFalcon22

Mcgary

122 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Cole World said:

Lol, that’s what DTR is.

That’s not what he’s saying.

The original rule when it was introduced was when teams put a player on IR, they had to notify the league that specific player was going to be using one of the return slots and they couldn’t change their mind afterward.

With the current rule in place, teams don’t have to designate any specific player as being a candidate to return from IR, they just decide which player will be returning and they activate them.

Teams are also allowed to change their mind on who they will bring back until the player on IR begins to practice. Once the player starts practicing, then they can’t change their choice and one IR return designation is locked to that player. Teams then have a window to activate that player (21 days, I think) to the active roster and if the player isn’t activated to the active roster, then they must remain on IR and that return designation is wasted.

Skin doc likes this

13 hours ago, Vandy said:

Really? I thought he was out for year. That’s great news Cole. 

Just gave me another reason to keep watching. Need to see him on the field. Bad or not, him and McGary are so crucial to this teams success moving forward. 

gazoo, Vandy and JDaveG like this

13 hours ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

Oh no a rookie tackle getting whooped by a proven veteran. Don’t get mad at Mcgardy get mad at kotter for not helping his young lineman. 

/end thread

Shelley#37 likes this

TD is the worst GM at evaluating talent on the OL and DL.

So many wasted picks in the trenches over the last 11 years. We would have been better off throwing darts at a draft board for OL and DL over what TD picked.

8 hours ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

I really think Koetter was legitimately the worst possible hire for us, his offense is TERRIBLE for a bad pass blocking o-line. We woulda been better off keeping Sark, he actually would have progressed nicely in Year 3.

Shows you how bad Quinn is..

17 hours ago, Vandy said:

Our OL this year is the worst I’ve seen since 2013-14. Makes last year’s look like a Pro Bowl unit.

Ouch!! Truth stings badly!!!

Why are we picking on the rookie when Matthews and Mack have been the two worst linemen we've got this year. James Carpenter has actually played very well this year but everytime you turn around #77 is stoning is man while #70 and #51 are attempting to chase down their guys who are sacking Ryan. It's ******* pathetic that our 2 highest paid linemen have been the two worst.

BTW, I pointed out LAST YEAR that Alex Mack's play was slipping and he couldn't be trusted to handle 1-on-1 anymore and sadly this year has proven that to be true. But I was told I was an idiot for questioning Mack's play.

Refried Beans and vitaman like this

10 hours ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

No he won't. Week 11.

No Week 10 against the Saints.

You only have to be out 8 weeks. He went on IR after week 1 vs the Vikings.

5 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

That’s not what he’s saying.

The original rule when it was introduced was when teams put a player on IR, they had to notify the league that specific player was going to be using one of the return slots and they couldn’t change their mind afterward.

With the current rule in place, teams don’t have to designate any specific player as being a candidate to return from IR, they just decide which player will be returning and they activate them.

Teams are also allowed to change their mind on who they will bring back until the player on IR begins to practice. Once the player starts practicing, then they can’t change their choice and one IR return designation is locked to that player. Teams then have a window to activate that player (21 days, I think) to the active roster and if the player isn’t activated to the active roster, then they must remain on IR and that return designation is wasted.

Yes I'm aware.

If he healthy and they decide to active him than he's using one of those DTR slots.

I dont have any problem with McGary. I expect a rookie tackle to struggle at times - plus he missed dam near the entire pre season due to injury.

I can excuse rookies to an extent, I cant excuse the verterans (some that's highly paid) thats playing like crap though. 

gazoo and Ergo Proxy like this

1 hour ago, Refried Beans said:

Hes a rookie. Gotta cut him some slack. 

The rookie will become a vet like Beasley and Matthews. He's grown and need to take the heat now. You TAFT posters need to believe what your lying eyes are seeing. If they show triumph,  then that's what it is. If they show trash, then that's what it is.

20 hours ago, Vandy said:

Our OL this year is the worst I’ve seen since 2013-14. Makes last year’s look like a Pro Bowl unit.

Want a chuckle?

Go back and look at the offseason threads where people were proclaiming that this was going to be the best oline Ryan ever played behind.

To be fair there were several people that didn't agree because of the potential of 2 rookies starting but those threads are always so much fun to read.

I'll even dare to say you may get more entertainment and satisfaction reading those threads than watching the Falcons play.

21 hours ago, KCFalcon22 said:

I know I know it’s a learning curve but this kid is getting whoooooped.  He has his legs open like a catholic school girl.  Any hope for him or BUST

He is getting abused, but by some elite players. He has held his own with the lesser tier of players, and did well against rotational players yesterday (see Schaub's TD drive). 

Let's not forget he is a Rookie, and would not expect him to play well against Watt/Fowler/Donald. That group is super talented and has years in the NFL to master their craft. Give McGary at least a year or two to master his. Think you will be looking at a mean SOP in a couple o years!

Ergo Proxy, KCFalcon22 and vitaman like this

1 hour ago, Cheap Talk said:

He is getting abused, but by some elite players. He has held his own with the lesser tier of players, and did well against rotational players yesterday (see Schaub's TD drive). 

Let's not forget he is a Rookie, and would not expect him to play well against Watt/Fowler/Donald. That group is super talented and has years in the NFL to master their craft. Give McGary at least a year or two to master his. Think you will be looking at a mean SOP in a couple o years!

Thanks for the optimism, hate crushing the guy bc like you said he’s a rookie, I just got frustrated yesterday watching (his not the only one)

Cheap Talk likes this

3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Why are we picking on the rookie when Matthews and Mack have been the two worst linemen we've got this year. James Carpenter has actually played very well this year but everytime you turn around #77 is stoning is man while #70 and #51 are attempting to chase down their guys who are sacking Ryan. It's ******* pathetic that our 2 highest paid linemen have been the two worst.

BTW, I pointed out LAST YEAR that Alex Mack's play was slipping and he couldn't be trusted to handle 1-on-1 anymore and sadly this year has proven that to be true. But I was told I was an idiot for questioning Mack's play.

Mack and Matthews have been bad but they have still been our best linemen. That's not saying much though. Carpenter, Brown/Wes, and Kaleb have been abysmal. 

The Rock likes this

2 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

The rookie will become a vet like Beasley and Matthews. He's grown and need to take the heat now. You TAFT posters need to believe what your lying eyes are seeing. If they show triumph,  then that's what it is. If they show trash, then that's what it is.

Remind me to never let you anywhere near talent evaluation! ;)

falconsd56 and Flying Falcon like this