The NFL sucks

I can't watch this garbage anymore.  The product on the field on Sunday is complete trash.  I see Ito Smith get smashed in the face with a helmet, and there's no call.  I then see us get a completely unfounded penalty for roughing the passer.

I'm done.  This isn't worth watching.  The league has turned into complete trash with the new rules, and the inability of the refs to properly uphold the rules.  I have always been a student of the rules.  I make calls during the game before they happen.  There's currently no way to understand what's happening out there.  Based on commentators, the, "former refs," and the populace at large, I don't think anyone knows what's what.

So, I'm protesting in the only way that I can;  I'm no longer watching football.  I'm out.  Best of luck to those who continue to watch.  Matt Ryan has my vote for the HoF.

I dont understand. The guy didnt do anything he rushed the Quarterback. No helmet to helmet jus a tackle. And they call a personal foul???? What about every time Matt Ryan gets sacked? Thats the same play.....Another guy landed on top of him. How in the world can you stop a 300 pound guy from landing on top of you when he grabs you in mid tackle??? Man the NFL dont respect the Falcons neither does this Weak as Coach that we have Stone Cold Steve Austin

11 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Yep. They have reputation of dumb team and penalties. Will not get benefit of doubt. 

Definitely an awful rep at this point but don't see how that's on the fans to just roll with getting crapped on either.

10 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

No sense in blaming the league or refs. The Falcons do **** to themselves. Probably wanna blame that fake punt on someone else too

Nah, this team doesn't care and is generally garbage. My issue isn't with refs towards the Falcons, it's more with refs place in the NFL overall. Thought the Lions Packers game was more egregious than anything this game. 

28 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Don’t blame the NFL. Just blame the Falcons

I use to be in this boat. But the refs are on another level this year. Just trash. The Falcons would still lose anyways because they just are t that good this year. But it sucks the fun out of the game. 

2 minutes ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

I use to be in this boat. But the refs are on another level this year. Just trash. The Falcons would still lose anyways because they just are t that good this year. But it sucks the fun out of the game. 

There’s no way to fix it unless you completely take the human element away from it and leave every single play up for review 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

There’s no way to fix it unless you completely take the human element away from it and leave every single play up for review 

Yeah. Falcons sucking probably makes every call feel worse. But seeing drive extending flags piss me off 

Edited by FalconsFanSince194eva

11 minutes ago, ATLPhil said:

I'm jus saying man. I NEVER SEE STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN YELLING AT THE REFS. I NEVER SEE HIM COMPLAINING AND CRYING LIKE SEAN PAYTON. OR PETE CARROL. HE NEVER SHOWS FIRE OR EMOTION AGAINST A BAD CALL. TAKE UP FOR YOUR TEAM. FIGHT FOR EVERY CALL. BUT HE DOESNT. STONE COLD IS SOFT AS COTTON CANDY

All caps isn’t  going to help get your point across

10 minutes ago, ATLPhil said:

I'm jus saying man. I NEVER SEE STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN YELLING AT THE REFS. I NEVER SEE HIM COMPLAINING AND CRYING LIKE SEAN PAYTON. OR PETE CARROL. HE NEVER SHOWS FIRE OR EMOTION AGAINST A BAD CALL. TAKE UP FOR YOUR TEAM. FIGHT FOR EVERY CALL. BUT HE DOESNT. STONE COLD IS SOFT AS COTTON CANDY

No reason to take up for a team that will find a way to lose anyway.

Edited by Winn chicken

3 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

Falcons suck, but while the nfl is a great game and concept, the refs always swaying the game damages it. I’m beginning to find it not worth my time. That roughing the passer call was straight ********. 

That is LITERALLY when I left the game and left the Falcons for the season. Not watching NFL anymore this season.

Section 116, Row 34, seats 4&5 have been given to my brother as if today. 

I have a hard time adjusting to the changing of the old guard.  loved payton manning and favre.  hate brady's team but admire the guy and want him to stay--I just wanted to beat the @#@@# out of the pats the year after the super bowl.  always hated Rodgers bc thought him arrogant

mahomes is outrageously good but i'm afraid it's similar to steph curry (sp?)--once they changed the rules in the nba it's become a video game, lacks defense, big men etc.  mahomes seems perfect for a league that doesn't allow for defense anymore--fun to watch him do his side throws but ultimately 40 point games are rather boring.  Russell Wilson looks better and better but for some reason I find him a bit boring personality wise--like them much more when they had their incredible defense. 

after the flag protests and with the falcons collapse, I've just lost almost all interest which is something I never thought I'd admit.