Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DirtyBird7000k

28-3 forever changed the way I view Football and my fandom and It’s not coming back??

Setting here awaiting the Falcons vs Rams game? I’m faced with a situation that can no longer be ignored?

My fandom and Fanhood for the Falcons and Football in general has forever been altered by what happened to the Falcons in Houston Texas at that Super Bowl now known infamously as 28-3!

Before that game I was like most of you, excited for football, A total Fanboy!! Ready to make a nice meal, have cold beverages, Cheer heartily for the Falcons in every way and support them with money, and pride wearing their colors and putting their logo on my vehicles, even rising their banner at my home?

Today their is no Falcon Banner flying at my home, I have stripped their logo off my vehicles, there is no food currently cooking, I haven’t even poured a glass of iced tea yet? And There has not been one dime spent on a ticket, shirt or any merchandise for well over a year!

I trace This apathy back to 28-3! The day that my fanhood and faith in football was destroyed!

**** you Dan Quinn I hope you rot in the hottest pit of blackest **** for what you allowed to happen and I am not alone in my apathy! 

Edited by DirtyBird7000k

So you're saying the SB loss gave you PTSD?

That loss was bad but I put it in my rear view, no need in harping on things you cant control or change. We've all been beat up over the years-Eugene Robinson in 98, Vick in 07, Loss to the niners in 12 the list is quite long. Regardless of all that Im a fan of this team win lose or draw. BBQ'n right now -Falcons gear -70'Samsung -Honey Jack Daniel etc...… Stay Down buddy life is a roller coaster we'll get a Ring one day I just hope im here to enjoy it 

Were we screwed up is going all in after the superbowl loss thinking we still had a window.. Instead of rebuilding the foundation of the team we signed players to plug holes believing we were going back.. The signings and contracts after 28-3 is whats got us where we are today.. Itll take a few years to cycle this garbage out 

Edited by ⚡Slumerican⚡

I like DirtyBird7000k have given up hope that the Falcons will ever win a championship in my lifetime. Until the Falcons get a new owner who hires real football people I know the end result. So I cheer on the home team but I know how the story ends, every time. Like someone on this board said, embrace the suck. 

Signed Falcons fan since 71.

Edited by Refried Beans

1 hour ago, Diggable Birds said:

That loss was bad but I put it in my rear view, no need in harping on things you cant control or change. We've all been beat up over the years-Eugene Robinson in 98, Vick in 07, Loss to the niners in 12 the list is quite long. Regardless of all that Im a fan of this team win lose or draw. BBQ'n right now -Falcons gear -70'Samsung -Honey Jack Daniel etc...… Stay Down buddy life is a roller coaster we'll get a Ring one day I just hope im here to enjoy it 

You just gave a laundry list on why it is foolish to remain a Falcon fan! It’s the abused wife syndrome! Beat me up and keep beating me up and I will keep staying for more! Not me, until I see Dan Quinn and this current physiology and regime gone! I am emotionally and financially checked out!

Edited by DirtyBird7000k

2 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

I like DirtyBird7000k have given up hope that the Falcons will ever win a championship in my lifetime. Until the Falcons get a new owner who hires real football people I know the end result. So I cheer on the home team but I know how the story ends, every time. Like someone on this board said, embrace the suck. 

Signed Falcons fan since 71.

Absolutely, I will never, ever allow myself to foolishly get as high as I was at halftime of 28-3 only to see it all come crashing down like a Heroine OD when the junky is trying to Quit? Well No more Falcon highs and lows for me!

MAD597 the crazy thing about the Atlanta United that most people in Atlanta don't even realize is MLS is basically minor league soccer it's not even the top tier. The soccer players come here to play so they can get scouted and signed by team in Europe. So basically since 1971 in all my years as a Atlanta sports fans the Atlanta teams have given me 1 World Series Championship and a Monir League Soccer Championship. That's terrible and Atlanta United attendance will drop like a hot rock as soon as they start losing and the newness wears off. It's just a trendy thing for millennials right now. 

3 minutes ago, DirtyBird7000k said:

Absolutely, I will never, ever allow myself to foolishly get as high as I was at halftime of 28-3 only to see it all come crashing down like a Heroine OD when the junky is trying to Quit? Well No more Falcon highs and lows for me!

Yep, even if somehow they won a SB it won't excite me much if at all. 28-3 killed that part of me as a sports fan.

3 minutes ago, DirtyBird7000k said:

You just gave a laundry list on why it foolish to remain a Falcon fan! It’s the abused wife syndrome! Beat me up and keep beating me up and I will keep staying for more! Not me, until I see Dan Quinn and this current physiology and regime gone! My emotionally and financially checked out!

OMG were u listening in on my conversation last night LOL …….I told my girl that I have battered wife syndrome no matter how bad my team beats me up Im emotionally invested - The good times OTA's Camp, and preseason-Then the beatings start again in early September. Got Dam it man  I wonder what Jerry Glannville is doing these days

I used to believe the Falcons would get a ring in my lifetime. I've been a fan since the team was formed and through the ups and downs (mostly downs) have hung in there with them clinging to unrewarded faith and blind allegiance.

I won't say 28-3 caused me to lose it and treat the Falcons and pro football as pretty much meh... Whether or not they win or lose or get a Lombardi or fire another coach or overpay another bust or whatever, It doesn't pay my car payment and buy my groceries. I will say I have't been to the new stadium and will probably never go to see them or for god's sake soccer. The Falcons are  just a sneeze ahead of the United soccer team on my level of interest. This wasn't the result of one big loss. This is the result of a lifetime of dashed hopes and embarrassment from following a team that never got it done. 

Will watch the first quarter of today's game. If it looks like another crap sandwich, I'll have a Sunday afternoon nap and won't let the result bother me one way or another. 

That is what you get for being a lifetime fan of this team. 

meh

1 minute ago, Refried Beans said:

MAD597 the crazy thing about the Atlanta United that most people in Atlanta don't even realize is MLS is basically minor league soccer it's not even the top tier. The soccer players come here to play so they can get scouted and signed by team in Europe. So basically since 1971 in all my years as a Atlanta sports fans the Atlanta teams have given me 1 World Series Championship and a Monir League Soccer Championship. That's terrible and Atlanta United attendance will drop like a hot rock as soon as they start losing and the newness wears off. It's just a trendy thing for millennials right now. 

Dont care, in this city beggars cant be choosers when it comes to teams that actually win it all. United deserves some support just cause they bucked the trend of ATL teams choking.

I get where this is coming from. I use to listen to a lot of sports talk, read every Falcon article, boards were always open on a browser etc. Loved this team then and I still do but after 2016 I refused to let myself be that invested into something I couldn't control. I'll still watch but I now have the Falcons on one screen and my DFS players making me money on another. 

Is Quinn gone yet? Maybe that will be bring me back to the way I use to be. Tired of his era. 

18 minutes ago, Diggable Birds said:

All Falcons fans have had PTSD long before the SB so everything you state here is just a long linr of why we can't be move just by the 28-3 SB.

1 hour ago, DirtyBird7000k said:

Setting here awaiting the Falcons vs Rams game? I’m faced with a situation that can no longer be ignored?

My fandom and Fanhood for the Falcons and Football in general has forever been altered by what happened to the Falcons in Houston Texas at that Super Bowl now known infamously as 28-3!

Before that game I was like most of you, excited for football, A total Fanboy!! Ready to make a nice meal, have cold beverages, Cheer heartily for the Falcons in every way and support them with money, and pride wearing their colors and putting their logo on my vehicles, even rising their banner at my home?

Today their is no Falcon Banner flying at my home, I have stripped their logo off my vehicles, there is no food currently cooking, I haven’t even poured a glass of iced tea yet? And There has not been one dime spent on a ticket, shirt or any merchandise for well over a year!

I trace This apathy back to 28-3! The day that my fanhood and faith in football was destroyed!

**** you Dan Quinn I hope you rot in the hottest pit of blackest **** for what you allowed to happen and I am not alone in my apathy! 

This is how the silent majority really feels!!   Anyone running, owning or in any way connected with this organization must deal with the reality.   It was an already jaded fan base......that whole debacle was like a marriage where husband and wife have fought/hated each other for years (behind closed doors) but then they began airing all their dirty laundry and insulting each other publicly.   This fan base was publicly humiliated in the absolute worst way.  Honestly, I don’t think it would’ve hurt as bad if Blank had pulled an Al Learner and snuck out during the night to another city w our team...... Lotta goodwill must be restored........

1 hour ago, DirtyBird7000k said:

You just gave a laundry list on why it is foolish to remain a Falcon fan! It’s the abused wife syndrome! Beat me up and keep beating me up and I will keep staying for more! Not me, until I see Dan Quinn and this current physiology and regime gone! My emotionally and financially checked out!

I don't blame you.

1 hour ago, trudweathers said:

I used to believe the Falcons would get a ring in my lifetime. I've been a fan since the team was formed and through the ups and downs (mostly downs) have hung in there with them clinging to unrewarded faith and blind allegiance.

I won't say 28-3 caused me to lose it and treat the Falcons and pro football as pretty much meh... Whether or not they win or lose or get a Lombardi or fire another coach or overpay another bust or whatever, It doesn't pay my car payment and buy my groceries. I will say I have't been to the new stadium and will probably never go to see them or for god's sake soccer. The Falcons are  just a sneeze ahead of the United soccer team on my level of interest. This wasn't the result of one big loss. This is the result of a lifetime of dashed hopes and embarrassment from following a team that never got it done. 

Will watch the first quarter of today's game. If it looks like another crap sandwich, I'll have a Sunday afternoon nap and won't let the result bother me one way or another. 

That is what you get for being a lifetime fan of this team. 

meh

28-3 was the final straw that broke the camels back going all the way back to 27-17 January 3rd 1980 when the Dallas Cowboys preformed another late comeback in the playoffs on this snake-bit franchise! But from then to 28-3 I was there still blindly in support, still emotionally and financially invested but 28-3 changed all of that radically!

In fact it changed the way I look at the entire sport of football going even beyond the Falcons! The game itself just does not have that “It” factor for me anymore! Why Should I even care if Tom Brady and New England wins yet another title??? And the Falcons continue to wallow in obscurity??