Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

Consolidated Arthur Blank Thread

594 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Falconer89 said:

Why does Blank continue to get roasted? He's empowered his coach and Gam to do their jobs. Doesn't meddle as far as we know. Dirt cheap concession prices. This squarely falls on the GM & coach. And the lazy players. Blank will clean house accordingly.

Don’t defend that monstrosity of a building. The Dome was home, and he blew it up for his own vanity. 

4 minutes ago, Diesel_Bird said:

Really mad I bought tickets to next weeks game back In like July.  

I'm in the same boat. We may be with the couple hundred there watching a butt whipping again. Bring a brown paper back so we can wave at each other.

Diesel_Bird likes this

46 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Quinn has total personnel control, as well as control over the defense and game day decisions and game planning.

If Quinn has total personnel control, who has total Quinn control? What top management hired the guy, gave him this power and monitored the situation to this point. Blank, Dimitroff and McKay are the ones who installed Quinn in the first place. Should we expect them to suddenly get proficient in who they think will be the right coach?

JKH5785 and EpicBird like this

Even if the Falcons were winning,  28-3 and trotting out the same core of players ( Ryan, Julio, etc.) has the local fanbase disinterested in the product.  Its a boring product that is losing.  The Falcons have big time problems as far as marketing this team goes.  To make it the situation worst, they are tied to those players because of the salary cap hits that would happen even if they traded them...

1 minute ago, thanat0s said:

Don’t defend that monstrosity of a building. The Dome was home, and he blew it up for his own vanity. 

And didn't this one get built on church cemetery?

When I read the title of the thread I thought that it was going to be about AB. This is mostly Quinn, but TD sure ain’t the solution. They both go...but AB has been the culprit too...his lack of judgment and choice blind loyalty over a total, ruthless commitment to excellence permaeates the “culture” of his organization. Never seen a group of guys so self-congratulatory after having accomplished so little. From the owner to the coach all the way down to the players. The NFL is a tough business, but what a deeply mediocre group. The rot has definitely set in. 

Edited by EpicBird

2 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

He wanted to host a Super Bowl and bring the city money. His biggest mistake was PSLs.

51 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Quinn has total personnel control, as well as control over the defense and game day decisions and game planning.

No he doesn't, TD brings in the talent. Quinn has final say on the 53 man roster. 

So if TD brings in 90 bums, then Quinn has to choose the best 53 of those buns.

Thelonious Mingus likes this

Just now, thanat0s said:

I didn't like the Dome everytime i went to it which was quite a bit.  So i can't agree with you there at all.  I have been to the Benz a few times and i like it a ton better than i did the Dome.  So im pretty happy we made the change and im **** sure happy the Atlanta United have a elite stadium in this world to play at that most other people around the world recognize is an amazing place everytime they see it or visit it.

Well, let's just say today we're at our lowest level since "Pigtrino" packed up and bailed out about 12 years ago.  Thing is, DQ won't have to pack his bags just yet as he'll likely be on the Seahags' side of the line next week.

5 minutes ago, Doctor Kildare said:

If Quinn has total personnel control, who has total Quinn control? What top management hired the guy, gave him this power and monitored the situation to this point. Blank, Dimitroff and McKay are the ones who installed Quinn in the first place. Should we expect them to suddenly get proficient in who they think will be the right coach?

The answer to your first question is Arthur Blank. Any coaching hire is at best based on past successes and philosophical like-mindedness. Quinn had past success which bore relevance in his attractiveness to become a head coach. I'm not sure you can place blame on Blank and McKay for hiring Quinn. He looked like a solid gamble to be a winning HC. 

Just now, stizz said:

He wanted to host a Super Bowl and bring the city money. His biggest mistake was PSLs.

The only people who make significant money off SBs are corporate sponsors, giant chain hotels and government. Let’s not pretend that it meant jack to regular folks. 

The Dome had 25 more years, easy. 

Dunn-Vick-Duckett likes this

9 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Yup. as far as who this team drafts, TD is just an order-taker.

Not true. TD tells him what type of players he wants, TD and co make the decision who to get.

We did not hire Quinn to be a talent evaluator.

JDaveG likes this

13 minutes ago, Diesel_Bird said:

Really mad I bought tickets to next weeks game back In like July.  

Same here smh 

I think PSL's have a lot to do with the empty seats but the crappy performance has more to do with an empty house

Just now, SoCalFalconFan said:

You forget the structure that Blank established between Dimitroff and Quinn. It was a collaboration. Dimitroff made no decisions on roster moves on an island. Quinn doesn't even report to Dimitroff, he reports to Blank. My point is, every player that has been added or subtracted from this team since Quinn was hired had to have his stamp of approval. How is that on Dimitroff? Or the better question is... how can you place the blame solely on Dimitroff and make the claim that the problem ISN'T Quinn????

First of all, never absolved DQ of anything, i stayed that firing him and not getting rid of TD doesn’t solve anything. TD has the reigns of the franchise long before DQ was in the picture and nearly got his head lopped off due to lack of team building then. 

you quote franchise philosophy based on some obscure press conference that Blank has years ago where he never fully committed to what he was putting out there while walking those statements back during the interview when the media tried to get clarification. 

now piloi is gone and Blank hasn’t came out and laid any franchise order instructions since Quinn was hired. You don’t really know what has changed. 

to defend TD after 11 years of ?s on draft day and pick after pick failing on the lines is ludicrous. Trying to pin this disaster solely on Quinn Is laughable

3 minutes ago, The Rock said:

Not true. TD tells him what type of players he wants, TD and co make the decision who to get.

We did not hire Quinn to be a talent evaluator.

It's all Quinn's personnel decisions, including the draft. Don't know where you got your info from but it's incorrect.