Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

Consolidated Arthur Blank Thread

594 posts in this topic

To answer your question, I doubt it.  He'll just probably just say he has faith in this group & will evaluate everything during the bye week.  Blah blah blah

Neither the owner or the HC seem to be smart enough to make any changes this season.

3 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

Blank.jpg

I wonder if Blank knows anything about football other than what the scoreboard says???

1 minute ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

This is largely the same team that went to the Superbowl three years ago

Fake news bro. 

only 2 out of the 5 olineman remain, your all world OC is gone, your defensive line has changed, your DBs are different minus tru and Allen, and tru is injured. You’ve got an overvalued De’Vondre Campbell and Deion Jones Playing average ball. 

this is not the same team. Period

that kind of thinking will drive this franchise further into the darkness 

Shelley#37 likes this

AB is the main reason it’s empty 

and btw I’m here every week 

that’s my fault 

but the product on the field sucks 

PSL cost Tix prices corporate crowd yeah AB ****ed it up

Not like they're gonna fill up if DQ gets fired midseason. 

And people going after Blank are clowns who don't realize how good the Falcons have it.

6 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Not hear say, it was AB in an interview. He said DQ will decide if TD stays or not. It was DQ who wanted TD. Also, DQ reported yo AB unlike Smitty who reported to TD.

Hopefully the next coach will choose a different GM too. We need a culture shift from GM down. 

39 minutes ago, JKH5785 said:

Thomas Dimitroff is the real problem with this team

Just look on that field and see how grossly under talented we are at every level of the defense and how terrible our offensive line is

thomas Dimitroff is the architect of the this teams drafting, and yeah sure Quinn has a problem wanting to take a guy and coach him up to be diamond, but TD has had Ryan going on 11 years now and consistently failed to build in the trenches. 

because of TDs failure to build the trenches you get the product we are witnessing now, a team getting manhandled and out played in every way. 

we also have a dire issue of offensive scheme which shows DKs complete inability to adapt a game plan to counter our weaknesses. Too many deep developing routes that allow an already porous offensive line to be put into a position where their percentage to fail is escalated immensely. 

Thomas Dimitroff has paid and constructed this team and stamped them as a contender, so yeh, y’all go ahead and fire Quinn...whatever...IF YOU DONT FIRE DIMITROFF YOU ARE ONLY CUTTING THE TOP IF THE WEED, NOT EXTRACTING IT BY THE ROOT. 

Firing Quinn does nothing, this team needs new leadership from the front office  

I agree with you TD needs to go for his inability to get a quality OL and DL for his whole tenure, but I disagree with you that Quinn is also not a problem.  He took over the defense this year and it's the worse looking defense I have ever seen.  Goff has been struggling mightily coming into this game.  Yet this defense management to make him look good.  No sack now for 4 straight games.  That's almost impossible to do.

We already know its not just Dan Quinn but TD as well. Both of them need to be fired just as some of our scouts bringing in & recommending some of this horrible talent!

Doctor Kildare likes this

Why does Blank continue to get roasted? He's empowered his coach and Gam to do their jobs. Doesn't meddle as far as we know. Dirt cheap concession prices. This squarely falls on the GM & coach. And the lazy players. Blank will clean house accordingly.

GreggT likes this

DQ has control over all personal decisions and has every since he started here. It was one of the reasons he signed. The entire team and staff right down to the equipment guy are all DQ guys.

1 minute ago, JKH5785 said:

Fake news bro. 

only 2 out of the 5 olineman remain, your all world OC is gone, your defensive line has changed, your DBs are different minus tru and Allen, and tru is injured. You’ve got an overvalued De’Vondre Campbell and Deion Jones Playing average ball. 

this is not the same team. Period

that kind of thinking will drive this franchise further into the darkness 

Largely = I don't know... about 70% the same? I'm aware of the differences you just executed with such grammatical excellence. My point is: a) Your point about Dimitroff being the problem is ludicrous, and b) I believe a more talented head coach does a much better job with this exact roster. Much better job. 

45 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Quinn has total personnel control, as well as control over the defense and game day decisions and game planning.

Yup. as far as who this team drafts, TD is just an order-taker.

SoCalFalconFan likes this

Just now, freefall said:

I agree with you TD needs to go for his inability to get a quality OL and DL for his whole tenure, but I disagree with you that Quinn is also not a problem.  He took over the defense this year and it's the worse looking defense I have ever seen.  Goff has been struggling mightily coming into this game.  Yet this defense management to make him look good.  No sack now for 4 straight games.  That's almost impossible to do.

Not denying DQ is a part of the problem, but he’s just the surface of what you see. Like a weed, like crab grass — you see the uglyness of the weed above ground and it’s got to go, but if you just cut it and don’t pull the root. It’s coming back. 

Just like these are the same issues we saw with a Smitty led team. Week in the trenches and overvalued talent that has below average production

TD is a bum, and if you don’t get him out of here, the next HC will ultimately be in this exact spot over time

Agreed. People here are still buying into TD's "Patriot way" bs and they've absolved him of blame labeling him a contract guy. 

TD's handprints are all over this mess of a team and he needs to be fired. He survived Smith's departure, he can't escape this one.

JKH5785 likes this

1 minute ago, FalconMama said:

Agreed. People here are still buying into TD's "Patriot way" bs and they've absolved him of blame labeling him a contract guy. 

TD's handprints are all over this mess of a team and he needs to be fired. He survived Smith's departure, he can't escape this one.

Preach!!

FalconMama likes this

41 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

If people want to get rid of TD, that's a personal choice but I 100% think this is on DQ.  We've seen these very players play well and they just aren't.

Our whole defense outside of Grady and Debo is trash, our guards suck and Lindstrom will miss most if not all of the season..yeah no, we suck. 

Just saying "we basically have the same roster" doesn't make it a good thing. You're supposed to evolve and maintain your core. We have guys that shouldn't be core players getting paid big contracts (Trufant, Freeman) it's just all around bad

52 minutes ago, JKH5785 said:

Thomas Dimitroff is the real problem with this team

Just look on that field and see how grossly under talented we are at every level of the defense and how terrible our offensive line is

thomas Dimitroff is the architect of the this teams drafting, and yeah sure Quinn has a problem wanting to take a guy and coach him up to be diamond, but TD has had Ryan going on 11 years now and consistently failed to build in the trenches. 

because of TDs failure to build the trenches you get the product we are witnessing now, a team getting manhandled and out played in every way. 

we also have a dire issue of offensive scheme which shows DKs complete inability to adapt a game plan to counter our weaknesses. Too many deep developing routes that allow an already porous offensive line to be put into a position where their percentage to fail is escalated immensely. 

Thomas Dimitroff has paid and constructed this team and stamped them as a contender, so yeh, y’all go ahead and fire Quinn...whatever...IF YOU DONT FIRE DIMITROFF YOU ARE ONLY CUTTING THE TOP IF THE WEED, NOT EXTRACTING IT BY THE ROOT. 

Firing Quinn does nothing, this team needs new leadership from the front office  

You forget the structure that Blank established between Dimitroff and Quinn. It was a collaboration. Dimitroff made no decisions on roster moves on an island. Quinn doesn't even report to Dimitroff, he reports to Blank. My point is, every player that has been added to or subtracted from this team since Quinn was hired had to have his stamp of approval. How is that on Dimitroff? Or the better question is... how can you place the blame solely on Dimitroff and make the claim that the problem ISN'T Quinn????

PokerSteve likes this