Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

Consolidated Arthur Blank Thread

594 posts in this topic

Just now, Nobis_Ghost said:

DT's had some great picks Ryan, Ridley, Debo, Hooper and Julio stand out but take a look at the rest:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/atl/draft.htm

And take a look at how many are overpaid and riding the pine, gone or on IR.

Go look at any team over that same period and ask yourself how many guys are still on those teams. Also getting injured is part of the most dangerous professional team sport. If you have a crystal ball and can see when guys are going to get injured you should take that professionally.

UnrealfalcoN likes this

Just now, Jesus said:

The leaning tower of Pisa has stood for 650 years. That's a pretty good foundation.

It was supposed to be vertical, and now it's an oddity that people visit to gawk at. Like the freak show at the circus, "Strange that someone could f up like that huh Gurtrude?"

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

Go look at any team over that same period and ask yourself how many guys are still on those teams. Also getting injured is part of the most dangerous professional team sport. If you have a crystal ball and can see when guys are going to get injured you should take that professionally.

Yeah and they've won Super Bowls, we're playing the same sport. All players are professionals, yet we continue to lose and f up at the most important times. It's a culture of losing that needs to be changed. GMs are picking based off many factors, if Julio was around in the 6th and it was the Dolphins pick he'd be playing there.

4 minutes ago, Nobis_Ghost said:

It was supposed to be vertical, and now it's an oddity that people visit to gawk at. Like the freak show at the circus, "Strange that someone could f up like that huh Gurtrude?"

The tower began to lean during construction in the 12th century, due to soft ground which could not properly support the structure's weight, and it worsened through the completion of construction in the 14th century. By 1990 the tilt had reached 5.5 degrees.[2][3][4] The structure was stabilized by remedial work between 1993 and 2001, which reduced the tilt to 3.97 degrees.

Like the team keeping the building upright is a work in progress. It still stands because the foundation is strong and people have been keeping it upright.

The team works in the same way. Fix the defensive scheme and they will improve. It's a bad analogy.

7 minutes ago, Jesus said:

TD goes through cycles of boom and busts. He did it with MS and now with DQ. Rosters start unraveling around year 4-6. I would be ok if AB sends him packing. There is a pattern with both coaches, great first or second year drafts followed by drafting athletes, not football players.

ZoneOne01 likes this

3 minutes ago, Nobis_Ghost said:

Yeah and they've won Super Bowls, we're playing the same sport. All players are professionals, yet we continue to lose and f up at the most important times. It's a culture of losing that needs to be changed. GMs are picking based off many factors, if Julio was around in the 6th and it was the Dolphins pick he'd be playing there.

31 other teams won super bowls since 2008?  No wonder the Falcons never had a chance.

Just now, Jesus said:

The tower began to lean during construction in the 12th century, due to soft ground which could not properly support the structure's weight, and it worsened through the completion of construction in the 14th century. By 1990 the tilt had reached 5.5 degrees.[2][3][4] The structure was stabilized by remedial work between 1993 and 2001, which reduced the tilt to 3.97 degrees.

Like the team keeping the building upright is a work in progress. It still stands because the foundation is strong and people have been keeping it upright.

The team works in the same way. Fix the defensive scheme and they will improve. It's a bad analogy.

You made my point wondefully. Hope it doesn't take 650 years.

Just now, falcons007 said:

TD goes through cycles of boom and busts. He did it with MS and now with DQ. Rosters start unraveling around year 4-6. I would be ok if AB sends him packing. There is a pattern with both coaches, great first or second year drafts followed by drafting athletes, not football players.

The cycle was the same before he got here. Remember Mora? He just drafts to the coaches needs. Geez everyone was so excited because Quinn got more personnel control when he got hired. Finally less Dimitroff, yet same result. 

Hmmm....

1 hour ago, KRUNKuno said:

That’s right, AB.  Ride it out with our best chance at the #1 pick.

We are going to win a game or two at worst.

The Dolphins, Bengals, Redskins will definitely pick before us. The Jets may continue to slide and draft before us as well.

I am far less concerned with WHERE we draft than I am HOW WELL we draft. Certain teams always draft at the end of the draft, and always find the right players for their system. There are other teams that always have a top-10 pick, and never seem to improve.

Just now, Jesus said:

The cycle was the same before he got here. Remember Mora? He just drafts to the coaches needs. Geez everyone was so excited because Quinn got more personnel control when he got hired. Finally less Dimitroff, yet same result. 

Hmmm....

Do you concede that there is something fundementally wrong with the Falcons organization?

Here is what is fundementally wrong with the fanbase: We are talking about draft picks in week 7 not about how to win games.

Now I have to go to a half filled stadium with more Rams fans than Falcons fans and hope Donald doesn't seriously injure Ryan.

Edited by Nobis_Ghost

7 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I genuinely believe a competent DC could field a winning defense with the players we have. I don't see a fault in TD's drafting, other than most of his OL picks prior to this past draft.

Nobis_Ghost likes this

5 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Hmmm....

I don’t care about Mora. I want this team to be a team which can be consistent winner. I never got in who gets credit, DQ or TD? Bottom line with two coaches, this team has same way. TD has history of drafting athletes and gets too cute with measurables. 

Some keep insisting AB will fire DQ by the bye week. I don't think he will and I do think we may beat the Rams. I don't know about DQ changing he has been stubborn and blind for so long. What Ellison is going to get a few plays?  Grace and Foye are going to play more? There was no trades this week. TD and DQ won't change. But I do think we will see some improvement. We still have some talented players. Maybe AB needs to go get his lady back  His dance was a  nation phenomena, we went to the SB. I miss seeing them together. AB doesn't have time for a complete rebuild.

1 minute ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

I genuinely believe a competent DC could field a winning defense with the players we have. I don't see a fault in TD's drafting, other than most of his OL picks prior to this past draft.

I doubt that’s what AB believes. He said if the fix was easy in coaching, it would have been done. He said major changes are needed. Also, he included GM in conversation with out any one asking him.

1 minute ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

There's a computer algorithim that picks the best player available at your pick based on current needs, maybe 10% of the time it's the GM saying take this guy.

1 minute ago, Gold4425 said:

Some keep insisting AB will fire DQ by the bye week. I don't think he will and I do think we may beat the Rams. I don't know about DQ changing he has been stubborn and blind for so long. What Ellison is going to get a few plays?  Grace and Foye are going to play more? There was no trades this week. TD and DQ won't change. But I do think we will see some improvement. We still have some talented players. Maybe AB needs to go get his lady back  His dance was a  nation phenomena, we went to the SB. I miss seeing them together. AB doesn't have time for a complete rebuild.

This team doesn’t need a complete rebuild,the core pieces on Offense and Defense are set.

Nobis_Ghost likes this

2 minutes ago, Gold4425 said:

And yet you think we win today? Hope springs eternally I guess.

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

This team doesn’t need a complete rebuild,the core pieces on Offense and Defense are set.

I agree we have talent that is coachable. We don't have a coach.

1 minute ago, Nobis_Ghost said:

I agree we have talent that is coachable. We don't have a coach.

I do think this team is flawed, not nearly as much talented out side the core players. All those second round busts from 2015 and lack of production from third round picks will haunt TD and DQ. 

48 minutes ago, Nobis_Ghost said:

Let's say you're an above average celloist for the Atlanta Symphony, you have wonderful brass, strings, drum and horn sections. A few of the musicians are out of tune, knowingly so, but are tired of playing for a conducter that is always showing up drunk (metaphorically) babbling about brotherhoods and not pissed about losing and getting you all in tune. Who do you fire?

All of them 

47 minutes ago, stingbee said:

Men, you guys don’t give up on TD. Why would they fire TD? He has been the most successful GM and a good one. TD went after players based on the scheme and what the coaches wanted. What is this nonsenses about getting rid of TD when he is operating based on his job. TD acts according to the coaches, scouts and or a panel that comes to an agreement what to do in the draft and with FA’s and so forth.

Agree. TD is fantastic and brought us a ring in 2016. Not his fault we choked it away 

Is anyone buying this? The defense is still gonna suck big time. How can anyone think they will suddenly be much better after playing the worst defense in the NFL to this point? Blank is in denial or losing his mind...

falcons007 likes this