Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

Consolidated Arthur Blank Thread

594 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, abcranford2 said:

The answer is....because there is no difference in firing them right now and firing them at the end of the season. 

Agreed but if they were fired now the team would still finish out the season just as well without the ones fired. Makes no difference.

Rich McKay was ran out of Tampa by Gruden and then failed as a GM here, and he has installed all of his out dated losing prinicples throughout our "AGED" scouting department. McKay hired TD, McKay should have been fired 10 years ago. Blank needs to let him go work for NFL rules committee but he doesnt need to be in Flowery Branch anymore. He needs to take his dinosaur loser scouting staff with him. McKay, Sabo, Collier, Emry, Webster, TD all gotta go. All fired losers. Just pathetic front office. Terrible. 

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

I don't know exactly what Rich McKay has to do with anything but you are correct, us regular Joes would lose our jobs easily. Can't compare that to sports jobs though. The money invested in you at your job vs the money invested in them plays a role. 

GhostofGritz and Schwarzwald like this

I don't know about anybody else but I see people all the time that I can't figure out how they still have a job.

I don't know.

Rich McKay is on the NFL competition committee, secured the funding for a stadium that brought in the Super Bowl, bowl games, soccer, world cup, NCAA championships and the Final Four so lots of money to Atlanta and the Blank group. Seems like he's doing a pretty good job. 

4 hours ago, Fiercefalcon said:

If we're holding ourselves to the same standard we hold Quinn and Co, then I think a few of us need to be fired from these boards lol

YES!! I vote for you next time they want to add a new moderator

:tiphat:

Fiercefalcon likes this

Nah, I've seen worse performers in tech stick around and on top of that get babied. Just depends on the industry, how well liked you are, and what the end goal is (which at this point seems like we're aiming for a top 5 pick).

16 hours ago, falconticket said:

There is no industry that these guys would not be fired. Period

Clearly there is at least one...

They aren't the first and won't be the last. Having whatever emotion you are to it won't change that fact.

https://sports.yahoo.com/falcons-reeling-quinns-job-status-muddied-bye-230953981--nfl.html

After reading this article it reinforces my opinion that AB does not get it.

He says that he has always been in his seat at the games and hopefully the fans will be in their seats for the upcoming games. 

Arthur...remember the "Fans" are mostly at home now because they were priced out of their seats with your PSL fees of thousands of dollars. You and the organization sold them out to corporations who paid those thousands you wanted. Those tickets are now owned by companies who give them out to many people that don't really care about football or the Falcons.  They may go just to the game just to see the stadium and drink at the many bars at the stadium. Stay in their seats? They are roaming around the mall or simply not there at all.  The result is empty seats and no real football fans to cheer on the Falcons. A lot of those fans that spent decades cheering on this team are now home shaking their heads and knew this would be the result and glad they didn't spend that absurd amount of money. The fan attendance is a mess now.  You got a new stadium with no fans.  

As far as your statement the players love Dan Quinn....that's because they get everything they want. Music at practice...forget prep for the upcoming game. We've got music instead. That's why this team is unprepared and look lost. You say they are playing hard for Quinn? Im not sure what games you have been watching but the display I've seen on the field is pathetic and embarrassing. 

This organization is a mess and it starts at the top with you the owner. The team is soft and undisciplined. We are the laughing stock of the league.

But we have a new stadium and we just hosted a Super Bowl. One problem...the Falcons were not playing and never will unless you change your management style and get out of the way. Let your GM and coach do their jobs and stop coddling certain players. 

I don't have any suggestions as far as how to fix the fan attendance problem.  Winning a championship would help but the cost to go to a game now is way out of line and simply not affordable for most "Fans." ^_^

Edited by AvidFalconFan
Revise
TheUsualStuff likes this

The problem with Blank is he makes business decisions and not football decisions. He’s most likely to go with name recognition in a gm/hc search rather than finding a leader/innovator. He seems content with the temporary bump in ticket sales from name recognition rather than the long term profits from building a stable winning franchise

10 hours ago, shockerfalcon said:

The problem with Blank is he makes business decisions and not football decisions. He’s most likely to go with name recognition in a gm/hc search rather than finding a leader/innovator. He seems content with the temporary bump in ticket sales from name recognition rather than the long term profits from building a stable winning franchise

Ego is the enemy. AB think he has business making football decisions. He doesn't. But he's had 17 ex wives for a reason. Zero humility is a huge problem, no matter what tax bracket you are in.

shockerfalcon likes this

On 11/2/2019 at 10:22 PM, Pacific_Falcon said:

Ego is the enemy. AB think he has business making football decisions. He doesn't. But he's had 17 ex wives for a reason. Zero humility is a huge problem, no matter what tax bracket you are in.

LOL.

On 11/2/2019 at 4:46 PM, shockerfalcon said:

I'm not really sure this is the case. If you go back and listen, Blank never said he wanted to make Ryan the highest paid QB.

He said he knows what the market is and he knows what Ryan's value is. He wants Ryan to be paid according to his worth but also he wants to do what's best for the team.

Owner negotiating speak, maybe. But recall TD saying "that's what happens when you have a $30 mil a year QB."

Edited by FinalScore2.0

On 11/2/2019 at 10:22 PM, Pacific_Falcon said:

Emotion is probably an even bigger enemy. I think there have been times when AB and DQ have let emotion drive some decisions. 

It's sad for me as a fan not wanting the team to do well going forward because I do not want status quo(i.e. GM and HC get another year).  Thank you for that Mr. Blank.