Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

Consolidated Arthur Blank Thread

594 posts in this topic

This type of rhetoric often signals the end is near. Note that there is not a strong endorsement of DQ as the definitive long term HC. If defense stinks up again against a struggling Goff and rams’ offense I could see DQ gone

falcons007 and papachaz like this

4 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

This type of rhetoric often signals the end is near. Note that there is not a strong endorsement of DQ as the definitive long term HC. If defense stinks up again against a struggling Goff and rams’ offense I could see DQ gone

Yep. He says it’s not acceptable and the wind has changed from evaluating end of season to every week. 

papachaz, MSalmon and CADirtyBird like this

7 minutes ago, Narcaguga said:

Wow senility has set in on Blank.

He is a very smart owner who wants to win now. If you don’t, he will send them packing.

If we lose, which I am 99% sure we will, Quinn and TD are gone. They have built a Jenga of a team, pull one piece out and the whole thing crumbles.

Even has 54 pieces so we'll include the HC

Jenga is a game of physical skill created by British board game designer and author Leslie Scott, and currently marketed by Hasbro. Players take turns removing one block at a time from a tower constructed of 54 blocks. Each block removed is then placed on top of the tower, creating a progressively taller and more unstable structure.

Edited by Nobis_Ghost
falcons007 likes this

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

Yep. He says it’s not acceptable and the wind has changed from evaluating end of season to every week. 

Careful wording by Blank. I’m wondering if it’s DK or MM who’s interim, I’m not convinced that the hiring of all these ex HCs wasn’t done with interim in mind, but it could have been to send message to DQ that we don’t need you

falcons007 likes this

1 minute ago, Nobis_Ghost said:

If we lose, which I am 99% sure we will, Quinn and TD are gone. They have built a Jenga of a team, pull one piece out and the whole thing crumbles.

I don’t see TD gone. He drafted and signed according to HC’s scheme. That’s a fact

Just now, MSalmon said:

Careful wording by Blank. I’m wondering if it’s DK or MM who’s interim, I’m not convinced that the hiring of all these ex HCs wasn’t done with interim in mind, but it could have been to send message to DQ that we don’t need you

Indeed, He never directly said Fired, just implied from evaluating week to week.i doubt if Blank hired all these ex coaches, TD and DQ have said multiple times it’s their choice not AB or Ryan. 
I hope DQ got the message, the season isn’t over at least mathematically.

MSalmon likes this

Why keep him? If you're rebuilding don't use the same construction company that built you the leaning tower of Pisa and you overpaid for.

Edited by Nobis_Ghost

Just now, falcons007 said:

Indeed, He never directly said Fired, just implied from evaluating week to week.i doubt if Blank hired all these ex coaches, TD and DQ have said multiple times it’s their choice not AB or Ryan. 
I hope DQ got the message, the season isn’t over at least mathematically.

Agree. I Think it was a shrewd move. I know many want to tank, but literally most fans won’t go to games or watch if that’s the case. 

NeonDeion and falcons007 like this

6 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

He is a very smart owner who wants to win now. If you don’t, he will send them packing.

I want to lay golden eggs,guess what??? Dude is oblivious to the garbage of a team the Falcons really are.

4 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I don’t see TD gone. He drafted and signed according to HC’s scheme. That’s a fact

I do, and would be sorely disappointed if his is still here.

Just now, MSalmon said:

Agree. I Think it was a shrewd move. I know many want to tank, but literally most fans won’t go to games or watch if that’s the case. 

Lose today and he's gone, hopefully TD too.

falcons007, ZoneOne01 and MSalmon like this

12 minutes ago, Narcaguga said:

I want to lay golden eggs,guess what??? Dude is oblivious to the garbage of a team the Falcons really are.

He's a fan of the team and of the City. To undermine what he has done for Atlanta is insulting. The one HUGE mistake: PSLs for the average fan. Yes we have a shiny new stadium that has a team that won a Championship in in it, but it's not the team that has been around for 54 years.

Edited by Nobis_Ghost
falcons007 likes this

I think when he says we will see some changes in defense and things will get better, is the warning shot across the bow. If we lose bad. I think he's gone. 

Raheem is interim and Sutton becomes DC

falcons007 likes this

26 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Not sure if it really implies anything, but Blank addresses TD indirectly here 

“We'll just continue to look at what we see developing and continue to support the coach and support the general manager and continue to ask them to do everything they can to put some wins up on the scoreboard.“

falcons007, Nobis_Ghost and MSalmon like this

Just now, Butudontseeme™ said:

“We'll just continue to look at what we see developing and continue to support the coach and support the general manager and continue to ask them to do everything they can to put some wins up on the scoreboard.“

Could be. Blank rarely says or does anything unintentional or scripted for a purpose after his mess up with Vick and Petrino.

falcons007 likes this

The best time to get rid of Quinn is during the bye, unless we win and it's decisive, DQ is history. I just hope he takes his clock manager, red flag manager, refere coaches, and  TD with him.

YungFalco and falcons007 like this

29 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

6 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

I missed that part. Interesting he put in the GM with coach..

Let's say you're an above average celloist for the Atlanta Symphony, you have wonderful brass, strings, drum and horn sections. A few of the musicians are out of tune, knowingly so, but are tired of playing for a conducter that is always showing up drunk (metaphorically) babbling about brotherhoods and not pissed about losing and getting you all in tune. Who do you fire?

37 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

This is always the case imo if gm and hc are going to work well together.

41 minutes ago, Nobis_Ghost said:

Even has 54 pieces so we'll include the HC

Jenga is a game of physical skill created by British board game designer and author Leslie Scott, and currently marketed by Hasbro. Players take turns removing one block at a time from a tower constructed of 54 blocks. Each block removed is then placed on top of the tower, creating a progressively taller and more unstable structure.

Men, you guys don’t give up on TD. Why would they fire TD? He has been the most successful GM and a good one. TD went after players based on the scheme and what the coaches wanted. What is this nonsenses about getting rid of TD when he is operating based on his job. TD acts according to the coaches, scouts and or a panel that comes to an agreement what to do in the draft and with FA’s and so forth.

NeonDeion likes this

51 minutes ago, Nobis_Ghost said:

Why keep him? If you're rebuilding don't use the same construction company that built you the leaning tower of Pisa and you overpaid for.

The leaning tower of Pisa has stood for 650 years. That's a pretty good foundation.

5 minutes ago, stingbee said:

Men, you guys don’t give up on TD. Why would they fire TD? He has been the most successful GM and a good one. TD went after players based on the scheme and what the coaches wanted. What is this nonsenses about getting rid of TD when he is operating based on his job. TD acts according to the coaches, scouts and or a panel that comes to an agreement what to do in the draft and with FA’s and so forth.

DT's had some great picks Ryan, Ridley, Debo, Hooper and Julio stand out but take a look at the rest:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/atl/draft.htm

And take a look at how many are overpaid and riding the pine, gone or on IR.