Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

Consolidated Arthur Blank Thread

594 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank told reporters he is "extraordinarily disappointed" in how the season has turned out following his team's sixth straight loss and he plans to take the "next couple of weeks" to evaluate head coach Dan Quinn's status.

"I think it's a fair question. Much like the coach just said, I'm extraordinarily disappointed in the season," Blank said after Sunday's 27-20 loss to the Seahawks. "Nobody would have anticipated 1-7 and the lack of consistency. Today was a prime example of that, down 24-0. If we could just play the second half, we would have won the game; but it doesn't work that way. We'll take the next couple of weeks during this bye period of time and evaluate where we are.

"Whatever decision we have to make will be made for the right reasons for the long term. We certainly have a lot of intelligence on this coaching staff here. We have three other head coaches, we've got three general managers in this building beyond Thomas [Dimitroff], actually four, including Rich McKay. The knowledge base is there, but the performance is not. And this is a performance-driven business, I understand that and they understand that as well. So, we'll continue to look at everything we can and make the right decisions that we're going to have to make. I'm not bashful about making those decisions."

Quinn's job status has been a weekly topic in Atlanta over the past month as the Falcons have tumbled in the standings and struggled to field a competitive operation on a game-by-game basis. The Falcons came out listless in the first half Sunday and trailed the Seahawks by 24 after two quarters, which also marked a period in which they were outscored 61-10 in six straight quarters at home.

The Falcons now head into their bye firmly in the bottom of the NFC South, setting up a long week of intrigue about potential changes that could be coming in Atlanta.

"Well, we are going to do something," Blank said. "We're going to continue to think really hard and evaluate everything that we can do as an owner and as a senior management team, and figure out if there's anything that we can do to make some decisions, any earlier, any later, that would help the process, but we have no plans on making any changes right now."

AB if you think you are disappointed- think how disappointed And Pis*sed of your PSL owners are

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In ABs own words?

”We will make the right decisions for the right reasons”?

Was Ryan’s bloated contract the right decision?

Was Signing Julio to big money when he still had a year to play in old deal a right decision?

Was Freeman’s contract the Man that blew a Super Bowl a Right decision?

Making Beasley the highest paid draft bust in NFL history a Right decision? 

When is the last time this team made a right decision? Mr Blank???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So rather than his ordinary disappointment at a Falcons season, this one is somehow different?:lol:

tddup likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DirtyBird7000k said:

In ABs own words?

”We will make the right decisions for the right reasons”?

Was Ryan’s bloated contract the right decision?

Was Signing Julio to big money when he still had a year to play in old deal a right decision?

Was Freeman’s contract the Man that blew a Super Bowl a Right decision?

Making Beasley the highest paid draft bust in NFL history a Right decision? 

When is the last time this team made a right decision? Mr Blank???

If only you hadn’t started with complaining about the contract of a league mvp (should’ve been SB mvp) in his prime. 

dothan_birdman likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe he illustrated the exact problem...

3 Head Coaches and 4 GM's.

Maybe it's time to have just 1 of each and have 1 voice and 1 direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have Ruston Webster (Titans), Phil Emory (Bears), Rich McKay (Bucs/ATL) and maybe Joel Collier (Assist GM Chiefs) as the other GMs on staff; i'm interested in seeing how this plays out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheUsualStuff said:

Maybe he illustrated the exact problem...

3 Head Coaches and 4 GM's.

Maybe it's time to have just 1 of each and have 1 voice and 1 direction.

Blank loves him some bureaucracy. He runs the place like government. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Maybe he illustrated the exact problem...

3 Head Coaches and 4 GM's.

Maybe it's time to have just 1 of each and have 1 voice and 1 direction.

You could tell that he was pissed when he said that. 

I'm going to guess and say TD is going to be fired this bye week with the possibility of Quinn getting fired too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it's just me but i sorta read that a little different than most people im seeing reply to this.  I usually take Blanks replies like he means them sort of where he always gives his vote of confidence and trusts quinn every week.  Also saying he's got quinns back the last few weeks.   This is the 1st time so far this year he didn't say quinns job is pretty much safe for now and i strictly took the 4 gm's and 3 hc's thing as him saying look i have enough people here right now for the rest of this season to get rid of whoever i want right now if i choose to do it and not think twice about it.  Which to me means TD included is not safe in his mind by listing 4 GM's too. 

The Don™ likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

He got some meaningless success with his kickball team and forgot all about real football.

You mean the World’s game... This shows that you have a hatred towards the game of Football which is played around the world. American Football should have been called handball. To compare the World’s game to American Football is a shame. American Football doesn’t even register with the rest of the world. The real Football is Soccer. The rest of the world call Soccer as Football or Futbol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk man. Blank looked more pissed and cryptic during this interview than any other time this season.

He basically said the lack of consistency has been disappointing. That seems to be bugging him. He specifically pointed to the second half this game vs. the first half. The lack of fan attendance irks him. He said the NFL is a "now" business and our past playoff successes under Quinn mean nothing right now. He said even though the players love Quinn (they also loved Smitty), it's about the performance on the field. 

I think Blank will do SOMETHING this week. Rather than all out support for Quinn and TD, this was basically the opposite in a corporate talk kind of way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Don™ said:

Idk man. Blank looked more pissed and cryptic during this interview than any other time this season.

He basically said the lack of consistency has been disappointing. That seems to be bugging him. He specifically pointed to the second half this game vs. the first half. The lack of fan attendance irks him. He said the NFL is a "now" business and our past playoff successes under Quinn mean nothing right now. He said even though the players love Quinn (they also loved Smitty), it's about the performance on the field. 

I think Blank will do SOMETHING this week. Rather than all out support for Quinn and TD, this was basically the opposite in a corporate talk kind of way.

You are seeing it like i am right now it seems.  This is 1st time since the start of the year i get the feeling Blank is fed up enough to actually pull the trigger.  He specifically stated by the bye week he wants to see improvement meaning wins im quite sure of.  He didn't get what he said he wanted and he is usually a man of his word and doesn't like to go back on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Maybe it's just me but i sorta read that a little different than most people im seeing reply to this.  I usually take Blanks replies like he means them sort of where he always gives his vote of confidence and trusts quinn every week.  Also saying he's got quinns back the last few weeks.   This is the 1st time so far this year he didn't say quinns job is pretty much safe for now and i strictly took the 4 gm's and 3 hc's thing as him saying look i have enough people here right now for the rest of this season to get rid of whoever i want right now if i choose to do it and not think twice about it.  Which to me means TD included is not safe in his mind by listing 4 GM's too. 

Yeah...this was different. The GM comment was odd but true and the lack of support for Quinn was also evident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I disagree that they “have all these gems and coaches”, well more to point having them and have SUCCESSFUL gems and HC’s is a bit different.  If I’m making a move, I’m bringing in a personal guy/GM. Enough with trying to remold the same ole glob of play dough.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Maybe it's just me but i sorta read that a little different than most people im seeing reply to this.  I usually take Blanks replies like he means them sort of where he always gives his vote of confidence and trusts quinn every week.  Also saying he's got quinns back the last few weeks.   This is the 1st time so far this year he didn't say quinns job is pretty much safe for now and i strictly took the 4 gm's and 3 hc's thing as him saying look i have enough people here right now for the rest of this season to get rid of whoever i want right now if i choose to do it and not think twice about it.  Which to me means TD included is not safe in his mind by listing 4 GM's too. 

I could see that... Your interpretation of 4gms and 3hcs  does sound like he will let them 7 run the team for the remainder of the season while he figures out who he wants to get from other teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Joey563 said:

I could see that... Your interpretation of 4gms and 3hcs  does sound like he will let them 7 run the team for the remainder of the season while he figures out who he wants to get from other teams.

Yeah thats what im thinking i don't think he would have listed specific numbers like that showing he's not in a bind if he didn't have some meaning behind it or was already thinking on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Blank loves him some bureaucracy. He runs the place like government. 

Whereas Belichick is pretty much a one man show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0