Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

Consolidated Arthur Blank Thread

594 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, caponine said:

should get john abraham in here too. 

Yep. I would get any expert help I could get. Bryan Cox was the first person the raised the red flag on Beasley, and people criticized him for it.

Halcon-1 likes this

Just now, Romfal said:

yeah because great players make great coaches....

I wouldn't take it that far. Every great player doesn't. Most of the good coaches were below average players. These former players however can teach specific techniques to help make guys play better.

8 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Yep. I would get any expert help I could get. Bryan Cox was the first person the raised the red flag on Beasley, and people criticized him for it.

Bryan Cox people didnt like him because he was a no nonsense coach. Maybe we need a coach that isnt about slogans or catchy phrases but gets into the players behind 

LOL @ Deion being a coach.

How many really good to great ex-NFL players become coaches? Almost none. Why? Because they can get paid more to work less hours being a TV analyst. On top of that, in a number of cases those guys were better for reasons beyond anything coachable... they had extremely rare talent & drive. Deion trying to explain assignments & coverage responsibilities to a guy like Oliver isn't going to make Oliver better simply because it came out of Deion's mouth rather than an experienced NFL coach.

10 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I wouldn't take it that far. Every great player doesn't. Most of the good coaches were below average players. These former players however can teach specific techniques to help make guys play better.

Exactly. The guys who actually relied on coaching to be better themselves are likely gonna be better teachers than guys who were able to find success because they were just naturally far more talented than everyone else.

11 minutes ago, caponine said:

Bryan Cox people didnt like him because he was a no nonsense coach. Maybe we need a coach that isnt about slogans or catchy phrases but gets into the players behind 

Bryan Cox was so good he hasn't coached anywhere in 3 years

2 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

What was the red flag or what did Bryan Cox say about him?

1 hour ago, Mescalito said:

What was the red flag or what did Bryan Cox say about him?

If I'm not mistaken, Bryan Cox was calling him soft. We were defending him, talking about he's a Christian, like Reggie White wasn't busting heads.

Mescalito and Bunchy Carter like this

29 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

If I'm not mistaken, Bryan Cox was calling him soft. We were defending him, talking about he's a Christian, like Reggie White wasn't busting heads.

This. ^^

Faithful Falcon likes this

4 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

For Arthur Blank to bring in a HC that doesn't mind accepting someone else's expertise. Pay Deion Sanders to coach your secondary. Chuck Smith to coach your D-Line. I don't know who's available to coach receivers, maybe Roddy. Robiske worked wonders with him. All of this creative ish is killing the team. Raheem Morris is a defensive coach. I don't care if he and Sanu looked like brothers. He should not be coaching receivers.

I think it's time AB sell the team. He's the biggest problem with the Falcons. 

14 hours ago, Romfal said:

Bryan Cox was so good he hasn't coached anywhere in 3 years

He’s just waiting for the right offer. When you are good, you have the right to be selective. 

Vandy and Faithful Falcon like this

11 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Being called soft is probably the worst insult/criticism a football player can ever get.  

12 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I am not sure he exactly called him "soft". He said he was a different kind of guy and yelling and getting in his face didn't work with him..

https://es.pn/2bBHhYS

https://www.espn.com.au/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/22205/falcons-bryan-cox-yelling-cursing-wrong-approach-with-vic-beasley

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/01/bryan-cox-hasnt-lost-faith-in-vic-beasleys-pass-rush-ability/

Vandy and Faithful Falcon like this

On 10/25/2019 at 10:03 PM, nomak said:

I think it's time AB sell the team. He's the biggest problem with the Falcons. 

LOL.

Shouldn't this be "The Consolidated Arthur Blank Thread" just so it fall it falls below the game thread and is uniform with the other consolidated threads?

On 10/25/2019 at 6:10 PM, Faithful Falcon said:

This rt here says a lot abt our talent evaluation which may be our biggest issue and reason for this disaster....way overvalued this groups talent.....

Really, Arthur?  What’s it gonna take for you to do something about this dismal team.?  I know I, for one, am not buying another ticket until the falcons win 3 in a row.

Arthur Blank post game interview on 5th quarter. 

I am surprised at 1-7, never imagined it would be this bad. 

This is most inconsistent team he has seen, baffling how you can be so terrible in first half and then play opposite in second half. 

I understand Fans, sponsors and I am looking for answers and concerns so far in season.

On firing DQ: 

I will evaluate in next two weeks during the bye. But the decision taken will be for long term not week to week. 

Just looks like DQ May play out the season but AB looked super pissed. 

Sorry AB but if you let this play out any longer you are insulting the fans. You can do what's best for the team while canning Quinn in the bye week and letting other coaches sift through the roster to see if we have anything on the benches.

Knowing how bad things are now and letting things continue means it's your fault.