Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

Consolidated Arthur Blank Thread

594 posts in this topic

On 10/23/2019 at 3:18 PM, iDash said:

Start the game with Mularkey TOP,

Mularkey once called a game,

we had the ball for almost 40 mins of it!

If we get behind by 21,

Knapp can call the plays for the rest of the game!

Even though,

Mularkey does hold the record for Most Falcons Points Score in a Half by the Falcons (35)!

Actually, I liked our philosophy and identity when Mularkey was OC. 2008-2010 was a good run that we should have stuck with. 

To me it seems like there were too many hands trying to move too many parts.  If i remember correctly (please correct me if i'm wrong)

Scott Pioli was in charge of the drafts...now I dont know if he was in charge of making the picks or if TD was....

Then, TD was in charge of FA....

And Quinn had the final say in the final roster...

Too me..that just seems like a recipe for too many disagreements and arguments...

AB needs to either hire a coach and let him make all the calls and have a GM to make it happen, or

He needs to hire a GM to have full control, hire his own coach, and get the players as he sees fit

None of this trying to slice a pie and hand out pieces to different people in the FO..

JMO

31 minutes ago, andrews31cain21 said:

To me it seems like there were too many hands trying to move too many parts.  If i remember correctly (please correct me if i'm wrong)

Scott Pioli was in charge of the drafts...now I dont know if he was in charge of making the picks or if TD was....

Too me..that just seems like a recipe for too many disagreements and arguments...

AB needs to either hire a coach and let him make all the calls and have a GM to make it happen, or

He needs to hire a GM to have full control, hire his own coach, and get the players as he sees fit

None of this trying to slice a pie and hand out pieces to different people in the FO..

JMO

Don’t forget Rich McKay

Refried Beans and VTCrunkler like this

8 minutes ago, Skott Lee said:

Don’t forget Rich McKay

I dont the Rich McKay has anything to do with personnel.. I think his major contribution since TD was hired was basically in charge of getting the new stadium built and running the "Business" and running the organization from a promotional standpoint.. I could be wrong

vitaman likes this

Said it all week, nothing going to change until McKay, TD, Sabo, Emry, Webster, and Collier are out the door. McKay hired TD and when he's gone he will just hire another lightweight. And Sabo, Emry, Webster, and Collier all blow. Fire these six and hire Ed Dodds and watch how fast Falcons improve.

Chaz and ATLSlobberKnockers like this

2 hours ago, Skott Lee said:

Don’t forget Rich McKay

At least McKay knew how to build from the inside out. In TB and ATL. In his first three years here he brought in Abe, Rod Coleman, Grady, Babineaux and Chauncey on the DLine. Added Clabo, Dahl and Blalock to Reeves' OLine. He also brought in some decent skill players like Roddy, Grimes, DHall, Norwood, etc. Signed glue guys like Milloy, Snelling, Nic and Weems. In just four years folks. What would Dimi have done without those players? Buddy was a better roster builder than Dimi to me and I used to rake him. Sorry sir.

Vandy, JDaveG and Osiruz like this

I misread the title as "Blank needs to simply fly the front office" and I agree. Mr. Blank please book some one way tickets home for Dimi and his guys. 

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

At least McKay knew how to build from the inside out. In TB and ATL. In his first three years here he brought in Abe, Rod Coleman, Grady, Babineaux and Chauncey on the DLine. Added Clabo, Dahl and Blalock to Reeves' OLine. He also brought in some decent skill players like Roddy, Grimes, DHall, Norwood, etc. Signed glue guys like Milloy, Snelling, Nic and Weems. In just four years folks. What would Dimi have done without those players? Buddy was a better roster builder than Dimi to me and I used to rake him. Sorry sir.

I wasn’t incriminating McKay, just recognizing that he was not mentioned as part of the enormous leadership hierarchy by the poster. 

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

He built the team that way but still couldn’t build a consistent winner.

Yes he built inside first but what did it win.

Mckays record wasn’t close.What worked in Tampa was flawed in Atlanta.

NeonDeion likes this

McKay knew how to build from the inside out!?! Are you serious? Jamaal Anderson anyone? McKay was a terrible GM. Martin Bilba? Demetrin Veal? Chad Lavalis? Quinn Qjinaka? Trey Lewis? These are all the linemen McKay drafted during his tenure as GM. McKay knows nothing about drafting interior linemen this is why 90% of his drafts were position players. He has the wool over Blank's eye. Then he hired lightweight TD and went out and drafted Sam Baker the next year. McKay is terrible at evaluating talent. He's gotta go. McKay, TD, Sabo, Emry, Collier, Webster. Take out the trash Blank. DO YOUR JOB!

Ed Dodds Team President/GM 2020 Atlanta fans deserve a REAL NFL Executive in their front office, not a nursing home of fired deadbeats collecting checks.

The following written by Falcons front office:

Image result for collecting a check

9 hours ago, andrews31cain21 said:

JMO

That isn't how it worked or was structured. Pioli was the head of the scouting department (at least college scouting), the regional scouts would report to him and they would be largely responsible for putting the initial board together. TD had final say on the draft, although both DQ and TD stated it was a collaborative approach. DQ had final say on the 53 (which make sense to me).

That said I do agree with the sentiment, When you throw in Rich McKay, Phil Emery and other ex GM's into the pot (I'm sure Chris Polian was a consultant at one point?) and then you see we've got 4 ex or current HC's on the team, I think it's a case of too many chefs in the kitchen.

JDaveG and Refried Beans like this

3 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

He built the team that way but still couldn’t build a consistent winner.

Yes he built inside first but what did it win.

Mckays record wasn’t close.What worked in Tampa was flawed in Atlanta.

McKay’s biggest mistake was hiring Petrino. It isn’t his fault Vick dropped a deuce on this franchise though. 

Coaching hires seem to be McKay’s bugaboo. His player evaluation was solid. 

McKay, TD, Sabo, Emry, Webster, Collier have had their time and it didnt work. Time for fresh blood, get this garbage OUT!

6 hours ago, JDaveG said:

McKay’s biggest mistake was hiring Petrino. It isn’t his fault Vick dropped a deuce on this franchise though. 

Coaching hires seem to be McKay’s bugaboo. His player evaluation was solid. 

Dave the franchise didn’t win with him though and still no consistency.We talk about winning this thing with McKay there the Falcons never looked like winning it.

For Arthur Blank to bring in a HC that doesn't mind accepting someone else's expertise. Pay Deion Sanders to coach your secondary. Chuck Smith to coach your D-Line. I don't know who's available to coach receivers, maybe Roddy. Robiske worked wonders with him. All of this creative ish is killing the team. Raheem Morris is a defensive coach. I don't care if he and Sanu looked like brothers. He should not be coaching receivers.

caponine and roguebeaver like this

Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

For Arthur Blank to bring in a HC that doesn't mind accepting someone else's expertise. Pay Deion Sanders to coach your secondary. Chuck Smith to coach your D-Line. I don't know who's available to coach receivers, maybe Roddy. Robiske worked wonders with him. All of this creative ish is killing the team. Raheem Morris is a defensive coach. I don't care if he and Sanu looked like brothers. He should not be coaching receivers.

should get john abraham in here too. 

Faithful Falcon likes this