Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

Consolidated Arthur Blank Thread

594 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, XXVIII-III said:

Then he needs to speak truth to power. The corporate talk is what’s leading to empty seats (aside from the on field shlt show).  

Nah man. Blank will never throw one of his guys under the bus in public. That's ownership/management 101.

It doesn't mean internal discussions aren't happening within Blanks circle.

Sportsman2593 and jmb27 like this

3 hours ago, ratesforless said:

The Seattle loss...err...game should do it. There is a bye afterwards...

Geez, I  just don't get waiting till the BYE. That's just one more week of letting Dan Quinn destroy your fanbase. 

If AB fires him tomorrow, a lot of fans will get back on board even though the season is still lost. 

If he doesn't fire him tomorrow, then I hope AB enjoys Seattle's 12th-man advantage on Sunday.

AB is not the type to hang his coach out to dry in the media. Might make fans happy but good luck getting good people to work for you if they feel their boss is a loose cannon and doesn’t have their back. You don’t want to become the Redskins (at least not past this year). I can almost promise you that the discussions behind closed doors between AB and DQ are brutal. 

LAUGHOUTLOUD. Blank plays favorites. He holds onto coaches and players too long. He doesn’t have to throw anyone under the bus, but he can let the truth that the current lack of success is unacceptable be known. Some of your snarky comments are hilarious and indicative of what this teams true problems are. Always tell the truth, always.

I’ve been saying this. 

Blank loves offense. He knows scoring a lot of touchdowns will put buts in seats. He knows he couldn’t field a Baltimore Ravens type of team because people in Atlanta like to be entertained      with touchdowns etc. Saying things like Falcon for life hamstring even  the terrible Dimitroff. 

he needs to tell whoever is running the team to finally stop playing with the defense and get some Stout guys on the defense.  

For the people thinking Blank is doing anything other than being professional about the situation.

Now the coach that Allbright says is the frontrunner truly scares the **** out of me.

17 minutes ago, HEIST said:

For the people thinking Blank is doing anything other than being professional about the situation.

Now the coach that Allbright says is the frontrunner truly scares the **** out of me.

Who is the coach that scares you? And for what it’s worth, at least Arthur Blank will talk to the media. Rankin Smith would have been sequestered with a bottle of bourbon and would send Taylor or Rankin Jr to deal with the press. 

2 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

Who is the coach that scares you? And for what it’s worth, at least Arthur Blank will y’all to the media. Rankin Smith would have been sequestered with a bottle of bourbon and would send Taylor or Rankin Jr to deal with the press. 

McDaniels. He could be a Payton but he might also go Petrino. He's an *******.

Flying Falcon likes this

You have to remember, he has that PSL money lined up already.  The PSLs make it harder to walk away from buying season tickets....walk away you sink your PSL money, so not as simple as not buying season tickets next year.

bringing this amount of insulation and protection from volatile increases and decreases in tickets sales makes it easy to be ambivalent.  Sad but true.  

tnis is why I didn’t buy a PSL.  Team doing great=PSL worth more but I don’t want to sell.  Team doing poorly=want to sell PSL but value through the floor.  Anyone who views a PSL as an “investment” is a sucker.  Also reason Blank is not in a rush to change anything.  The financial flow of the current business model is not dependent on success of the team.  Even if stadium is half empty, you think Blank is Nanking in volume of $1 hot dog sales???

the fans got got!

10 minutes ago, HEIST said:

McDaniels. He could be a Payton but he might also go Petrino. He's an *******.

Boom or bust with that guy. I bet TD stays if he is the choice. Complete the NE connection. 

Unlike Rankin Smith, Mr Blank has never once refused to pay the money for someone the coaches and front office said we need to keep. See Sanders, Deion. 

11 hours ago, Nobis_Ghost said:

Not a fan of the Symphony I take it? The devil you know......Our players are coachable, they are not horrible players that would result a 2-14 season, they need a tough *** coach and we could salvage a 6-10 season, maybe. Who friggen knows, maybe we do just plain suck, save for 5 players.

When I say all of them from your scenario, I mean the coach, and the players that aren't professional enough to keep doing their jobs

I think Blank is saying what he has to say until we are mathematically out of it...Its time to wake up and smell the coffee though, 10-6 may not make the playoffs in the NFC as a wildcard this year with Seattle and Minnesota both at 5-2 and 2nd in their respective divisions.

Them empty seats.  Not good for the optics.   This is deeper than the Falcons losing record.  Blank's real problem is even IF the Falcons were winning, them seats are still gonna be half empty.  Everybody knows that Atlanta has a transient fanbase wherein half the crowd or more isn't even from Georgia or Atlanta but moved to Atlanta.  That means that the average Atlanta sports fan is gonna ignore the product if it doesn't grab them in a major way.  They want to feel like they are PART of something.  The NBA does a excellent job in that area.  Folks will show up to a Hawks game and fill up the arena when Lebron, Jordan, etc. are in town because they feel a part of a HAPPENING.  In the NFL where player personality development is purely driven by the media ( you can't see the players faces because of their helmets) its even more important that the team " stars " bring excitement to the party.  Case in point,  FOX spent the ENTIRE telecast yesterday between the Falcons and Rams to promote Jalen Ramsey.  It was the only EXCITEMENT they felt a television audience could grasp upon whether you like Ramsey or not.

Which brings me to the Falcons.  The " stars " on the team, Matt Ryan, Devonta Freeman and Julio Jones, have grown STALE to the local populace. I'm not talking about diehard Falcon fans I'm talking about the average football fan.  The product to them is stale, boring and they definitely don't trust it.  28-3 demolished ANY credence the franchise had.  This leads to Blank's real problem:  A bloated payroll concentrated on 5 players but a need for a new coach and general manager who would want and HAVE to tear this thing down and rebuild it.  A outside general manager can look at the roster and see that its overrated and needs to be gutted from the inside out.  How do you do that while been tied to that large cap hit?  Those seats are gonna stay empty if they keep trotting Ryan, Jones etc. out there AND have no means to rebuild the roster.

A new GM SHOULD be tasked to bring in new talent that the fanbase can gravitate to.    Again, its not purely wins and losses, its a stale product.  A infusion of NEW stars is what the team needs.  A lot of folks here don't remember or know about the first decade of the Georgia Dome when the Falcons couldn't sell it out.  Local games were blacked out and this didn't stop until Dan Reeves did a very unFalcon like thing and moved up and drafted Michael Vick, which immediately brought a national level superstar to the Falcons and the excitement which followed.  The Falcons are back to those days whether people wanna admit it or not.  It doesn't have to be a new quarterback either.  Chase Young from Ohio State would be a good start.  Instant name recognition on defense and a very good player.  Quinnen Williams would have fit that bill in this past draft.  Those are the types of players that the Falcons need.  The Patriots can get away with drafting no name players for the obvious reason, they win championships and have built a brand around that.

Image result for empty seats mercedes benz dome falcon game

Edited by Spts1
wnyfalconfan and lju713 like this

I go to one or two away games every year. Most of the stadiums look empty at kick off. The Texans game couple weeks back filled up 3/4 th by half time. As passionate Browns fans are, they were empty till first quarter. 
And the pic you took is 10-15 min before kick off. 

The real empty seats will start in couple weeks as team and fans throwing in the towel for this season.

Spts1 likes this

4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Falcons have been better in attendance this year so far. The biggest problem in MBS is folks not sitting in the seats and roaming around.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance

No....no they haven’t. Have you even looked at the stats?

2019 AVG: 72,135

2018 AVG: 72,898

Edited by wartownfalcon

3 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

No....no they haven’t. Have you even looked at the stats?

2019 AVG: 72,135

2018 AVG: 72,898

Yep. Compare it to best Falcons season in 2016 or even 2017. The attendance is 96% this year. In 2016, more entertaining and winning season, it was 93%. The 2017 season was 95% attendance, less than 2019. It will start going down soon. Last year there was a big bump in attendance towards the end.. 

18 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Falcons have been better in attendance this year so far. The biggest problem in MBS is folks not sitting in the seats and roaming around.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance

Folks roaming around is a dated excuse now.  The stadium has been open for two years and its not THAT exciting.  If the product on the field was exciting, then people would stay in their seats like they do at the college games that are played there...