Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

Consolidated Arthur Blank Thread

594 posts in this topic

Who do you guys predict Arthur Blank would bring in as the new head coach for the Atlanta Falcons for the 2020 season if Dan Quinn gets fired? I'm not asking who you want him to bring in but who do you think Arthur Blank will bring in. My prediction is Mike McCarthy. 

Narcaguga likes this

Dependent on if he wants to blow apart the whole staff.

You can be sure if a new guy comes he’s going to want to bring an entirely new staff and scheme with him both sides of the ball.

I for one don’t want a college coach.

I’d prefer to go back to a WCO coach minimum OC as a must be WCO and use what we have.If we want to run outside zone make sure we use it don’t ask players to do what there not good at.

DC I want a guy whose known for running and aggressive attacking defensive fronts.Jim Schwartz Rod Marinelli types guy reknown for these types of defenses.

Mike McCarthy, Mike Shanahan, Tom Coughlin, or outside chance: Rex Ryan. I seriously doubt we will see another hire with no head coaching experience until the day comes we are rebuilding. 

10 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Mike McCarthy, Mike Shanahan, Tom Coughlin, or outside chance: Rex Ryan. I seriously doubt we will see another hire with no head coaching experience until the day comes we are rebuilding. 

Beat me to Sexy Rexy.

thanat0s likes this

Who knows? It is depressing to think about. The only thing I don’t want is more gimmicks. I feel like that works better in college with kids who are only there for a couple years. I imagine pros tune it out after a while when things aren’t going great.

48 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

Who knows? It is depressing to think about. The only thing I don’t want is more gimmicks. I feel like that works better in college with kids who are only there for a couple years. I imagine pros tune it out after a while when things aren’t going great.

I like the play for the brother next to you philosophy.

34 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I like the play for the brother next to you philosophy.

Exactly. Or play well or the guy behind you will take your spot. Competition drives you to be your best. When a job is handed to you, it is easy to become complacent.

It is why drafting in the top 5 is tough. You give a guy all that money and expect them to put in the work. There are plenty of NFL players that might have had better careers had they been drafted later and had to earn their way in the nfl.

Offensive guy/Defensive guy......it really does not matter. 

What matters is hiring a HC that is organized and a true leader.  Not a rah-rah guy, not a public speaker. 

We need a guy that is a thinker and a leader among coaches.  We want geniuses at the DC and OC positions, but we want a true leader at the HC position.  

I really don't care to have a charismatic speaker at the podium.  I don't care about a guy that talks about feeling "pumped" about a good practice.  I want a surly perfectionist that clearly outlines everyone's responsibilities.  

Yeah, BB is the prototype, but the guy does not have to be that dry and surly.  All we need is a guy that knows the game and knows how to lead.

Let's not go for some "genius" college guy.  That is a recipe for failure.  

I love AB, but knowing from past experience he will go with someone from the hottest hand... so it will probaly be someone from KC

22 minutes ago, etherdome said:

What matters is hiring a HC that is organized and a true leader.  Not a rah-rah guy, not a public speaker. 

We need a guy that is a thinker and a leader among coaches.  We want geniuses at the DC and OC positions, but we want a true leader at the HC position.  

I really don't care to have a charismatic speaker at the podium.  I don't care about a guy that talks about feeling "pumped" about a good practice.  I want a surly perfectionist that clearly outlines everyone's responsibilities.  

Yeah, BB is the prototype, but the guy does not have to be that dry and surly.  All we need is a guy that knows the game and knows how to lead.

Weirdly enough, Quinn was literally never thought of a "rah-rah guy" before getting here. He was touted as a film obsessed, detail-oriented genius. An expert in opposing offenses' tendencies and a master at putting guys in places to succeed. I remember articles saying he was the next Belichick. It's all revisionist history.

He needs to go, but people would have found a reason to hate him this season regardless of his media-presented personality. He's overly proud, arrogant, and shook (at least now). But we aren't losing because of "rah rah" BS

5 hours ago, etherdome said:

Sounds like Harbough...

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

10 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Who do you guys predict Arthur Blank would bring in as the new head coach for the Atlanta Falcons for the 2020 season if Dan Quinn gets fired? I'm not asking who you want him to bring in but who do you think Arthur Blank will bring in. My prediction is Mike McCarthy. 

I’ll attempt to be the only one to answer your actual question.

i think Blank, if he keeps TD, will go for McDaniels. We have the right offense, and blank will be hesitant to continue the defensive coach thing after two have fizzled just short.

If TD is gone, it’s hard to predict. But one other guy I think Blank might want is Harbaugh, who probably could work with TD, but TD is a good friend of Trent Balke, so that might taint that possibility if Blank retains TD.

HE said DQ is making big changes in Defense and thinks Falcons will win against Rams and going forward.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001066999/article/falcons-owner-weighs-in-on-coach-dan-quinns-future

Falcons owner weighs in on coach Dan Quinn's future

0ap1000000022400.jpg
NFL Network Insider
  facebook_icon.svg  
  twitter_icon.svg  
  whatsapp_icon.svg  
Print

Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank hears and feels the disappointment with how the season has gone, noting that as bad as the fans feel -- he feels just as terrible.

When you start off the season with playoff aspirations, and now sit at 1-5 -- with the Los Angeles Rams set to visit -- it hurts even worse.

"We understand the frustration of our fans, we're more than sympathetic," Blank told NFL Network during a break from the Fall League Meeting in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. "We're walking in their shoes. I'm with them. Because the expectations were different from where we are right now. When you differ that dramatically from expectations, it's always that much more disappointing."

The losses, of course, turn the focus to the job status of head coach Dan Quinn. Quinn, on the hot seat, with the owner examining his performance and the bye coming, everything is ramped up. While it's clear nothing has been decided, improvement at some point soon seems to be necessary.

Blank was asked if the bye in two weeks was a fair time to evaluate.

"I don't think that's fair," Blank said. "I don't have any specific timetable. Just looking at each game one at a time. It's the bye week, yes, but it's not a trigger for making any changes. We'll just continue to look at what we see developing and continue to support the coach and support the general manager and continue to ask them to do everything they can to put some wins up on the scoreboard."

Blank said the evaluation isn't a "one- or two-game yardstick." He said the team is committed to winning the next game and then evaluating after that.

Simply, he pointed to this Rams matchup and believes things will come out differently.

"I think we'll see some changes," Blank said. "I think you'll see them on the field on Sunday. Obviously for competitive advantage reasons, we won't talk about them, but... we have a lot of football left to play."

Perhaps those will be evident Sunday. In Blank's mind, the offense is playing better and on the right track. The defense, obviously, is struggling. And the fact that defense is Quinn's specialty and that he serves as coordinator, is not encouraging.

"Our defense has not played well, and nobody knows that better than our coach," Blank said. "That's what he's done for his entire life, a position coach, a coordinator and then a head coach. So, if there were easy answers we would've put them in place already. But we're making adjustments, he's making adjustments and hopefully they'll put us in a better position going forward."

JDaveG likes this