Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LouDog

Alabama vs Tennessee

140 posts in this topic

A sect of our dumb fan base (yes we have a lot of dummies) is convinced that Mac Jones can actually lead an Alabama team to the promised land if he starts next year. 

Alabama with Mac Jones loses to Georgia, LSU, and Auburn at least. The dude is not good 

BamaBirdLady likes this

8 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Man y’all impressed me. I was nervous once Tua went out. 

I hate y’all (and hope y’all hate us), but Pruitt is going to get things going the right way.

Thanks man, this team has definitely improved a ton over the year. Bama's defense is going to be scary (as it always is) over the next few years with those young defenders. Despite the recent run of Bama victories I will always consider Bama to be Tennessee's biggest rival and the Third Saturday in October to be the best rivalry in CFB!

tl;dr likes this

31 minutes ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

Thanks man, this team has definitely improved a ton over the year. Bama's defense is going to be scary (as it always is) over the next few years with those young defenders. Despite the recent run of Bama victories I will always consider Bama to be Tennessee's biggest rival and the Third Saturday in October to be the best rivalry in CFB!

It’s a shame people have forgotten how good of a rivalry it is! People act like football wasn’t played before 2007 lol. 

8 hours ago, Black Francis said:

Doesn’t feel like it. 

Sorry you feel that way.

I posted exactly what you said, implied agreement,  then just added another little comment.  

Ovie_Lover likes this

1 hour ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Sorry you feel that way.

I posted exactly what you said, implied agreement,  then just added another little comment.  

Lol. I was playing. 

17 hours ago, Black Francis said:

Alabama is not the best team in the country right now. Not sure who is but it’s not them. Not in my estimation and especially without Tua. 

Any word on how Tua's injury?

26 minutes ago, frankly88 said:

"A week or two." Had a high ankle sprain but was not as bad as last years. Had that "tightrope" procedure and he should be good to go vs. LSU. Alabama has had players have this before and some have been great in 2 weeks (Cam Robinson in 2014) and some have taken longer (Jalen Hurts was around a month last year). 

The offense will utilize the running game and quick passes against LSU, but I still don't feel too good about that game. We are better than LSU, but the better team doesn't always win. 

1 hour ago, frankly88 said:

High ankle sprain. He had surgery today. The same surgery he had last year on the other ankle. They think he’ll be back against LSU but make no mistake he’ll be limited. 

42 minutes ago, LouDog said:

We can beat Arkansas with Mac Jones. As long as Tua is healthy after the bye week for the LSU game we will be good to go.

I just glad it wasn't his left ankle! He basically has 3 weeks of rehab since he had surgery today, so I am hopeful!

LouDog likes this

1 hour ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I just glad it wasn't his left ankle! He basically has 3 weeks of rehab since he had surgery today, so I am hopeful!

I’m hopeful too but the announcers were saying that Tua and Alabama admittedly said that Tua wasn’t healthy until May of this year with the same injury on his other ankle and that he got really heavy too while fighting through the injury. Samoan problems. It’s a thing. I hope he’s eating properly this time. 

6 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

I’m hopeful too but the announcers were saying that Tua and Alabama admittedly said that Tua wasn’t healthy until May of this year with the same injury on his other ankle and that he got really heavy too while fighting through the injury. Samoan problems. It’s a thing. I hope he’s eating properly this time. 

I haven't heard that yet. He was pretty healthy for the Oklahoma game and he looked very sharp in that one. Cam Robinson had a similar surgery in 2014 and played 2 weeks later in a win against LSU strangely enough. I don't think this ankle injury is as serious as the last one either, and I won't be shocked to see him closer to full strength than you may think in 20 days. 

I've got a bad feeling that Tua not at 100% will be the death sentence for this season though. 

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

I haven't heard that yet. He was pretty healthy for the Oklahoma game and he looked very sharp in that one. Cam Robinson had a similar surgery in 2014 and played 2 weeks later in a win against LSU strangely enough. I don't think this ankle injury is as serious as the last one either, and I won't be shocked to see him closer to full strength than you may think in 20 days. 

I've got a bad feeling that Tua not at 100% will be the death sentence for this season though. 

He and they said he wasn’t healthy this year until May. It’s out there. He’s a heavy QB. Not nimble really. He was scouted as a running QB but that was high school stuff. He’s a stout guy with lower leg strength but he’s not a runner. He’s heavy on the bottom why he got caught from behind and rolled up on. Samoan man. He’s heavy bones man.   That helps him too. We’ll see. Just saying he wasn’t well last year at the end of this the season and it showed.