Followers 0
LouDog

Alabama vs Tennessee

140 posts in this topic

Just now, shc said:

That was a bs call

No it wasn't. He lowered his helmet to hit him. That's targeting

Just now, LouDog said:

Yeah I can't quite put my finger on it but y'alls offense just isn't the same as it was last year. Were they running more creative routes last year?

The play's I believe were more creative with Cheney, but he was also conservative. With Cooley, he's conservative with horrible play designs. 

Just now, LouDog said:

No it wasn't. He lowered his helmet to hit him. That's targeting

Yeah but still man...it was a body shot. I know the rule is the rule but I only like it when it’s an obvious head shot or head attempt shot. 

LouDog likes this

Just now, Black Francis said:

Yeah but still man...it was a body shot. I know the rule is the rule but I only like it when it’s an obvious head shot or head attempt shot. 

Im not saying I like the call. I think they are taking too much out of the game with all the calls, but going by the rules it was targeting.

1 minute ago, sdogg said:

The play's I believe were more creative with Cheney, but he was also conservative. With Cooley, he's conservative with horrible play designs. 

It reminds me of the old Bama offense. The only difference is back then our D and running game were so dominant that people couldn't stop it and we didn't really need the passing game.

sdogg likes this

1 minute ago, LouDog said:

Im not saying I like the call. I think they are taking too much out of the game with all the calls, but going by the rules it was targeting.

I agree. I’m saying it’s BS. 

LouDog likes this

6 minutes ago, shc said:

That was a bs call

Not when you launch yourself head first into someone.  That is what he did.

I hate that a kid gets kicked out of the game, but the rule is to protect the guy launching himself as much as the guy being tackled. 

25 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Not when you launch yourself head first into someone.  That is what he did.

I hate that a kid gets kicked out of the game, but the rule is to protect the guy launching himself as much as the guy being tackled. 

How else does he stop him when the receiver goes that low?  I guarantee if the sides were reversed, Alabama doesn’t get called for targeting. 

Volunteer Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

I’m still curious how an 8 yard out route was ran in a second, but I digress.

Dude...you’re not wrong or lying brother. That was the most made up ish ever. 

1 minute ago, shc said:

How else does he stop him when the receiver goes that low?  I guarantee if the sides were reversed, Alabama doesn’t get called for targeting. 

I get the call but hate the rule applied there. Just an old football player saying that. Not that old but yeah I’m old now. 

shc likes this

2 minutes ago, shc said:

You do know that Alabama are the most penalized team in the SEC! So this continuous argument of Alabama always getting the calls is flat out wrong.

He launched himself,  that is the targeting element.  No launch,  no penalty. 

8 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Was our last good kicker Van Tiffen? I mean really, this is ridiculous!

No, but it feels that way. Mostly yes though. 

2 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

You do know that Alabama are the most penalized team in the SEC! So this continuous argument of Alabama always getting the calls is flat out wrong.

You’re right but as Bama fan and someone that understands the instinct and quick twitch of the game I hate it. I do. That will hurt us eventually. 

5 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Alabama is ranked #9 in the SEC for the last 5 years in penalties. 

So he launched himself toward the ground?

Just now, Black Francis said:

You’re right but as Bama fan and someone that understands the instinct and quick twitch of the game I hate it. I do. That will hurt us eventually. 

I completely understand and I hate that football is becoming soft. But it is the rules, that was my only point.

I loved our defenses when we would crush our opponents,  some of those tackles by Rolando, Hightower, The Biscuit,  were brutally beautiful! 

Unfortunately,  the game has changed. 

1 hour ago, Black Francis said:

Every time? 

If you play in zone, he will kill you, because he get rid of the ball fast. If you jam those receivers, he's hesitant. Calm down.