kiwifalcon

How bout this.

55 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Still lazy eh

Lol post the tweet dude. 

I'm not wasting my time watching a video while I'm watching a movie. I like to read. Not watch some idiot babble on for 15 minutes when I could read it in 30 seconds.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

2 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Young doesn’t solve our problem too me.

Miller is proven.

Pass rush has been an issue before DQ got here.

It feels like Abe’s the only decent competent go to rusher we’ve had since 2006.Times need to change I think if we had the opportunity to add Miller I think we don’t dismiss it.

So get Miller for 2 years and have more cap hurdles than you can handle? Not sure we can make a roster work with the losses collectively from adding Miller.

Defense isn’t 1 guy away. Get a better coach and system in place before over committing to a 31yo.

I’d rather have Young for 5 years on cheaper deal...

If we can get Miller, I doubt it’s for a move sending them Vic who is becoming an UFA...

If you trade for Miller; and if they accept a 2nd only, you’d be facing extending him to make the cap work...then; like Julio, he has to produce through age 34...

2 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

So get Miller for 2 years and have more cap hurdles than you can handle? Not sure we can make a roster work with the losses collectively from adding Miller.

Defense isn’t 1 guy away. Get a better coach and system in place before over committing to a 31yo.

5 years of who knows over or 2 years of proven NFL performance.

Drafts a lottery we all know that.

Young gonna bring Millers production experience and leadership and even with the high draft pick much like this Miller scenario there’s no guarantees.What I do know is this I’d take Millers proven production over Youngs potential even it were for only 2 years at worst.

2 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I would do it and draft yet another DE in the first to learn from. Von will produce until he is 34-36. 

Are we watching the same games? Murray had some designed quick throws and was getting the ball out quickly but our defense has been getting killed because we don’t get any pressure. The QB has all day to throw. If someone does break free the QB easily evades him and gets an easy completion 90% of the time, or throws it away the other 10. The legion of Boom wouldn’t be able to cover with our pass rush. Coverage doesn’t create a pass rush. “Coverage sacks” only happen with bad or young quarterbacks 

Schwarzwald likes this

4 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

How bout this.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-a-j-green-von-miller-land-on-new-teams-in-special-trade-deadline-projection/

We get Miller and swap 1s with Denver.

Then draft a Safety KoG what say you.

We'll probably end up picking close to each other. They'll likely want more for Von Miller and I suspect it'll need at least a 1st round pick.

I'd still entertain it though, as an out and out edge guy like Von Miller would make a huge difference to this defense.

kiwifalcon likes this

10 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

The only thing is... are you really 1 pass rusher on defense away to invest draft picks into a 31 year old 3-4 scheme fit?

I’d rather use our 1st and 2nd to move up for Young next spring than use our 2nd to get Miller for only 2 years. Cap is too rough as it is.

In a trade do we only pay his base salary? Edit: lol it’s still too much by itself.

Good question. Using a second on Von would be fine for me. He’s 30 and has two years. Him with Takk, and draft pick on interior DL or an edge or even a FS like Delpit would be a great start. A top ten II is way too much.

id even go a second and fourth for Miller. 

kiwifalcon likes this

The biggest suprise to me this season: Juilo is getting single manneed and still not getting open, his route running isn't flawless anymore and his age is slowing him down. The lack of respect that Julio is getting by the opposing DC is obvioius. I've seen him in a Cover 1 Press, and never seen him flat out burn man coverage. The CBs are faster and can get an angle on him, safety's see the play and it becomes a cluster **** down field inside/outside the numbers, which used to be **** near impossible to do to Jones.  .. They don't treat him as a huge threat elite WR anymore, just an above average Wide Out that can be single manned in most situations. They are paying more attention to Ridley and Sanu which should equate to more touches for Jones but isn't.  A lot of this is has to do with Ryan, if the OL doesn't hold the line and the ball isn't out in under 4 seconds he's flattened. I've counted: 1, 2, sack or 1, 2, 3 pick, 1, 2, 3, 4, reception.It all revolves around the offenisve line. Everything on offense. Just ask Brady, but in our system he would be severly injured most seasons. 

Edited by Nobis_Ghost

11 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Cmon man seriously.

Imagine it.ALPHA Dogs in Miller and Jarrett up front.

If that’s not getting you a little bit excited nothing will.

Why gets excited about something that isn’t even reality? 

8 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I would do it and draft yet another DE in the first to learn from. Von will produce until he is 34-36. 

4 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

I don't think the Bronco's do that trade, they'll want at least a 1st

Even if you pull this trade, you are losing other players to make the cap work.

Young would be an easier cost to eat.

4 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Even if you pull this trade, you are losing other players to make the cap work.

Young would be an easier cost to eat.

Yeah you'r e right. Although getting both would finally give us a rush. If we end up top 5 Young or D. Brown will be our pick.

Schwarzwald likes this

5 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Why gets excited about something that isn’t even reality? 

Got anything else to be excited about .

I guess I could have started a thread how the coaches defense and offense suck.I mean I could rehash that boring ****.

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

Got anything else to be excited about .

I guess I could have started a thread how the coaches defense and offense suck.I mean I could rehash that boring ****.

I got plenty to be excited about. Thankfully it doesn’t regard the Falcons

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

I got plenty to be excited about. Thankfully it doesn’t regard the Falcons

Well we are on a Falcons MB.

I don’t see what else there is to be excited about watching these guys at the moment.

5 hours ago, Nobis_Ghost said:

The biggest suprise to me this season: Juilo is getting single manneed and still not getting open, his route running isn't flawless anymore and his age is slowing him down. The lack of respect that Julio is getting by the opposing DC is obvioius. I've seen him in a Cover 1 Press, and never seen him flat out burn man coverage. The CBs are faster and can get an angle on him, safety's see the play and it becomes a cluster **** down field inside/outside the numbers, which used to be **** near impossible to do to Jones.  .. They don't treat him as a huge threat elite WR anymore, just an above average Wide Out that can be single manned in most situations. They are paying more attention to Ridley and Sanu which should equate to more touches for Jones but isn't.  A lot of this is has to do with Ryan, if the OL doesn't hold the line and the ball isn't out in under 4 seconds he's flattened. I've counted: 1, 2, sack or 1, 2, 3 pick, 1, 2, 3, 4, reception.It all revolves around the offenisve line. Everything on offense. Just ask Brady, but in our system he would be severly injured most seasons. 

And then bust out that 30 plus yard completion but he can’t get Free one on one yeah puff puff give.

Well we are on a Falcons MB.

I don’t see what else there is to be excited about watching these guys at the moment.

Being on a Falcons message board doesn’t mean anything. People get excited about reality, not dream scenarios. Of course you aren’t going to like it because it disagrees with you but that’s just real talk

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Being on a Falcons message board doesn’t mean anything. People get excited about reality, not dream scenarios. Of course you aren’t going to like it because it disagrees with you but that’s just real talk

Wake up I’m just posting it as a scenario regardless if it’s reality whatever it’s something different to talk about than just the other normal stuff that’s been talked about and rehashed over and over.

Wake up I’m just posting it as a scenario regardless if it’s reality whatever it’s something different to talk about than just the other normal stuff that’s been talked about and rehashed over and over.

Been woke since 8 am. Like I said, your dream scenario isn’t anything to get excited about. Most of us simply like reality

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Been woke since 8 am. Like I said, your dream scenario isn’t anything to get excited about. Most of us simply like reality

Dream scenario for starters it’s not mine and I just posted it as a,point of interest tells me you’ve come into this late.