kiwifalcon

How bout this.

55 posts in this topic

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

Cmon man seriously.

Imagine it an ALPHA Dogs in Miller and Jarrett up front.

If that’s not getting you a little bit excited nothing will.

If the QB can get the ball out in under 2 seconds like they have been it wont matter. LT in his prime couldnt get sacks with our secondary playing how they are.

Ovie_Lover likes this

3 minutes ago, LouDog said:

If the QB can get the ball out in under 2 seconds like they have been it wont matter. LT in his prime couldnt get sacks with our secondary playing how they are.

As opposed to our secondary holding up for 4-5 seconds because our DEs aren’t getting there :shrug:.

I’d take Vonn Miller in a heartbeat off load VB44 and not blink doing it.

As a scenario to cure what ales us right now it makes sense.

2nd or 3rd round pick **** yes.

As opposed to our secondary holding up for 4-5 seconds because our DEs are getting there.

I’d take Vonn Miller in a heartbeat off load VB44 and not blink doing it.

As a scenario to cure what ales us right now it makes sense.

2nd or 3rd round pick **** yes.

If I'm trading picks id rather get a quality CB

6 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Cmon man seriously.

Imagine it an ALPHA Dogs in Miller and Jarrett up front.

If that’s not getting you a little bit excited nothing will.

The problem is the personnel. Grady can play 3-4 DE, Miller OLB, but we need a massive NT. We also need some bigger LBs.

41 minutes ago, LouDog said:

If I'm trading picks id rather get a quality CB

So you’d not want to try and cure what has murdered the Falcons for how long and get a CB ok cool I think differently on this I’m taking the best pass rusher in the league everyday of the week.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

So you’d not want to try and cue what has murdered the Falcons for how long and get a CB ok cool I think differently on this I’m taking the best pass rusher in the league everyday of the week.

I think our main pass rush problem is that the QB can get rid of the ball so fast because the recievers are wide open. A decent secondary would let our guys get there

NeonDeion likes this

6 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

The problem is the personnel. Grady can play 3-4 DE, Miller OLB, but we need a massive NT. We also need some bigger LBs.

I think Miller is versatile enough to ask him to do the job we’ll require him to do.

We can worry about having the right personnel when the new coach gets here.

For me if thee opportunity presented itself and we some how managed to get Miller I’d be jumping over the moon the guys just good and adds much needed leadership to this team on that side of the ball.

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

Who is ?

CBs are getting torched with these new rules now.

Pass rush is where it’s at.

No pass rush your history regardless doesn’t matter whose at DB.

Agree to disagree

kiwifalcon likes this

Honestly, trade Vic and Sanu for picks.

Move up for Chase Young if necessary. Get rusher for 5 years instead of Von for 1 or 2; which creates more cap issues and costs us a 2nd in this scenario?

Just no. We have to plan out the 2020 cap year issues before loading up with outside cap hits.

NWFALCON and Ovie_Lover like this

3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I think Miller is versatile enough to ask him to do the job we’ll require him to do.

We can worry about having the right personnel when the new coach gets here.

For me if thee opportunity presented itself and we some how managed to get Miller I’d be jumping over the moon the guys just good and adds much need leadership to this team on that side of the ball.

Miller is a 3-4 OLB/EDGE. If we don't have the proper 3-4 Personnel, he will suck.

Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

Miller is a 3-4 OLB/EDGE. If we don't have the proper 3-4 Personnel, he will suck.

Disagree I think Miller is versatile enough to do a job for us.

The idea a guy like this wouldn’t fit here I’m not with that mindset.

If I asked Miller to put his hand in the dirt he’d all of a sudden lose his burst or his counter nah man he’d still do the job.

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

Disagree I think Miller is versatile enough to do a job for us.

The idea a guy like this wouldn’t fit here I’m not with that mindset.

If I asked Miller to put his hand in the dirt he’d all of a sudden lose his burst or his counter nah man he’d still do the job.

How can we commit to Miller without knowing the next HC and DC? Can Miller play down in a 4-3?

I think I could use Vonn Miller with his hand in the dirt for sure.I think he has the ability to do the mentioned.

For me if I had the ability to add talent like this I’d make it work even if it meant eating some dead money cutting who I choose to cut or trade scenarios.

I wouldn’t dismiss it.

6 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I think I could use Vonn Miller with his hand in the dirt for sure.I think he has the ability to do the mentioned.

For me if I had the ability to add talent like this I’d make it work even if it meant eating some dead money cutting who I choose to cut or trade scenarios.

I wouldn’t dismiss it.

The only thing is... are you really 1 pass rusher on defense away to invest draft picks into a 31 year old 3-4 scheme fit?

I’d rather use our 1st and 2nd to move up for Young next spring than use our 2nd to get Miller for only 2 years. Cap is too rough as it is.

In a trade do we only pay his base salary? Edit: lol it’s still too much by itself.

3 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

The only thing is... are you really 1 pass rusher on defense away to invest draft picks into a 31 year old 3-4 scheme fit?

I’d rather use our 1st and 2nd to move up for Young next spring than use our 2nd to get Miller for only 2 years. Cap is too rough as it is.

In a trade do we only pay his base salary? Edit: lol it’s still too much by itself.

At this point in time I’m looking for experience leadership and just a dawg upfront.

Scheme fit I’ll worry about it next year.

Cap the same.

For me get this talent in the door and worry about the rest down the track.

I generally don’t go for this type of scenario but to me we’ve been crying out for pass rush help we’ve gone the draft route which I’d still hit it again with another interior or edge guy first up.

We’ve seen what a guy like Freeney did when he was in here if you can get a Miller in here with a new edge guy and Takk going forward maybe that’s a scenario this team needs on that front.

At this point in time I’m looking for experience leadership and just a dawg upfront.

Scheme fit I’ll worry about it next year.

Cap the same.

For me get this talent in the door and worry about the rest down the track.

I generally don’t go for this type of scenario but to me we’ve been crying out for pass rush help we’ve gone the draft route which I’d still hit it again with another interior or edge guy first up.

We’ve seen what a guy like Freeney did when he was in here if you can get a Miller in here with a new edge guy and Takk going forward maybe that’s a scenario this team needs on that front.

It’s all in for one part of the problem on D when prudent resource management matters.

Just because we had DL busts under DQ doesn’t mean we stop trying.

Get me Young and save $17M that you simply can’t afford without losing more and being full of undrafted rookies.

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

It’s all in for one part of the problem on D when prudent resource management matters.

Just because we had DL busts under DQ doesn’t mean we stop trying.

Get me Young and save $17M that you simply can’t afford without losing more and being full of undrafted rookies.

Young doesn’t solve our problem too me.

Miller is proven.

Pass rush has been an issue before DQ got here.

It feels like Abe’s the only decent competent go to rusher we’ve had since 2006.Times need to change I think if we had the opportunity to add Miller I think we don’t dismiss it.