Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KCartledge85

Why isn’t Kazee playing FS still?

24 posts in this topic

Just wanted to ask this question. Our defense is absolutely terrible, so turnovers are absolutely on a premium. I haven’t checked the stats, but so believe Kazee had more INTs last season than Rico has had in his career.

Why isn’t Kazee playing FS?

mtldirtybird likes this

There was an interview last year with Kazee & he said something along the lines of how he kinda hated playing safety, called it "boring sitting back there all the time", and said he'd far prefer playing CB from now on.

11 minutes ago, k-train said:

There was an interview last year with Kazee & he said something along the lines of how he kinda hated playing safety, called it "boring sitting back there all the time", and said he'd far prefer playing CB from now on.

Who cares what he wants. I'm sure winning games and intercepting the ball is a lot less boring than being run over in the slot all game, never touching the ball and losing.

3 minutes ago, mtldirtybird said:

Who cares what he wants. I'm sure winning games and intercepting the ball is a lot less boring than being run over in the slot all game, never touching the ball and losing.

Only, we lost last year with him at FS and he missed tackles and let big plays happen...his INTs were in large part to try to make up for his bad play.

Now, can he improve at the position? Sure. Maybe he moves over, but we needed a slot CB with Poole leaving.

43 minutes ago, mtldirtybird said:

Truer words were never spoken 

1 hour ago, KCartledge85 said:

Just wanted to ask this question. Our defense is absolutely terrible, so turnovers are absolutely on a premium. I haven’t checked the stats, but so believe Kazee had more INTs last season than Rico has had in his career.

Why isn’t Kazee playing FS?

Because he's busy getting beat in his current position.

NeonDeion likes this

1 hour ago, mtldirtybird said:

I’ve been asking this question since the beginning of the year.  Kazee was a playmaker back there to the tune of being tied for the league lead in INTs.  He’s an NFL safety.  Not a corner.  I even made the case of playing Neal at LB, Allen at SS and Kazee at FS.

But I’m not the coach of this dumb *** team.

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Only, we lost last year with him at FS and he missed tackles and let big plays happen...his INTs were in large part to try to make up for his bad play.

Now, can he improve at the position? Sure. Maybe he moves over, but we needed a slot CB with Poole leaving.

Kazee was a rookie.  It’s safe to say he was going to have some growing pains, but he made up for it greatly in his playmaking ability back there.

This year you guys have your sacred cow Ricardo Allen back there and he hasn’t done anything that Kazee can’t do back there.  For all the talk about him being cerebral and getting guys into place, it definitely hasn’t reaped any benefits. 

1 minute ago, KRUNKuno said:

Kazee was a rookie.  It’s safe to say he was going to have some growing pains, but he made up for it greatly in his playmaking ability back there.

This year you guys have your sacred cow Ricardo Allen back there and he hasn’t done anything that Kazee can’t do back there.  For all the talk about him being cerebral and getting guys into place, it definitely hasn’t reaped any benefits. 

He wasn’t a rookie.

He had way more mistakes than INTs. Nothing to do with Allen.

NeonDeion likes this

14 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

He wasn’t a rookie.

But it was his first year at that position and as a starter

Ergo Proxy likes this

41 minutes ago, FalconAge said:

But it was his first year at that position and as a starter

True.

I also indicated in my first post that maybe he goes back to FS and improves, but we needed a Slot CB with Poole leaving...

Teams are attacking us all over the place as it is.

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

He wasn’t a rookie.

Rookie at the position and getting live action playing time.  

BTW we could use some of those interceptions this year.  I’m all about putting guys in position to make plays.  Kazee makes plays at safety.  

7 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Rookie at the position and getting live action playing time.  

BTW we could use some of those interceptions this year.  I’m all about putting guys in position to make plays.  Kazee makes plays at safety.  

He allows more than Allen. That’s why he got some of those INTs. We’ve had INT FS here before that were terrible at the position itself.

FS doesn’t mean you can misread what the offense is trying to do and get your CBs or seams hung out to dry. He also had too many missed tackles.

Even if he got 10 INTs, what good does it do if it’s with double the big plays caused by the FS not doing his job?

2 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

He allows more than Allen. That’s why he got some of those INTs. We’ve had INT FS here before that were terrible at the position itself.

FS doesn’t mean you can misread what the offense is trying to do and get your CBs or seams hung out to dry. He also had too many missed tackles.

Even if he got 10 INTs, what good does it do if it’s with double the big plays caused by the FS not doing his job?

Exactly. For every play Kazee made, he gave one up as well.

What'd Kazee have last year, 7 INTs? Big deal. Thomas Decoud had 6 one year & made the Pro Bowl. Did that make him the answer at FS? Nope.

Ergo Proxy likes this

30 minutes ago, k-train said:

Exactly. For every play Kazee made, he gave one up as well.

What'd Kazee have last year, 7 INTs? Big deal. Thomas Decoud had 6 one year & made the Pro Bowl. Did that make him the answer at FS? Nope.

3 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

These takes are why we’re in the position we’re in now.  A defense full of players that can’t make plays.  One that values pressures over sacks.  One that values lining up correctly over getting turnovers.  One that would rather not give up a big play than to go get the ball.

Kazee was thrown into the fire last year and performed well enough to lead the league in INTs.  He was a bright spot.  I’m sure if he had a consecutive year at the position those “big plays” that he gave up would’ve lessened.  Now he’s in a position where he can’t make plays.  This nickel corner BS is not working for him.  He’s an NFL safety regardless of what he says he is.  Play him where he is most effective. 

Mojojojo and FalconAge like this

Gotta stop watching the stat sheet and actually watch the game. Rico is a better Free safety then Kazee. And I want Kazee on the field because he can make plays. But not at free safety. 

k-train, NeonDeion and Ergo Proxy like this

12 hours ago, k-train said:

I'd bet that he was only saying that to not rock the boat. He knew Neal and Allen were returning and wanted to come across as a team first guy. Also wanted to solidify his imagined versatility.

He ALSO said he was irritated that he wasn't selected to the probowl. I'm never going to believe he had his most productive season so far even WITH the ups and downs and was "bored."

12 hours ago, k-train said:

I have a really bad habit of consuming a ton of media and I never saw such a quote from him.  Kazee is really humble and hard to imagine him saying such...not saying he didn't but fake news is a thing. Can you provide a link to that article/interview?

3 hours ago, Nino11 said:

Gotta stop watching the stat sheet and actually watch the game. Rico is a better Free safety then Kazee. And I want Kazee on the field because he can make plays. But not at free safety. 

Im the last to look at stats.  Show me a guy that can make plays and I’m more sold than anything.  Kazee is better at safety than corner. We’re getting 0 from him at corner.  At least he produced at safety and would’ve only gained more experience and gotten better.

Guess he’s just another failed DQ draft pick since he sucks at safety according to y’all and clearly is out of place at corner.  :shrug:

2 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Im the last to look at stats.  Show me a guy that can make plays and I’m more sold than anything.  Kazee is better at safety than corner. We’re getting 0 from him at corner.  At least he produced at safety and would’ve only gained more experience and gotten better.

Guess he’s just another failed DQ draft pick since he sucks at safety according to y’all and clearly is out of place at corner.  :shrug:

Idk who said he sucks. I said he isn’t better then Rico at Safety. Doesn’t mean he sucks. He made some plays at Safety but the nature of the Free safety is to be the last line of defense. Rico is more solid in that regard. I think he’s fine at nickel. Get a pass rush they lock ten times better