caponine

NFL has to stop these refs,

55 posts in this topic

Years ago the NHL had a scoring problem due to the league allowing players to clutch and grab. Scoring plummeted. It resulted in a ton of 2-1, 3-1, 2-0 games. It made the game boring because hockey should be wide open with high scores. The fans pushed back by not spending their money on a bad product. The league responded by changing the rules. The game became better and the NHL hasn't looked back. I agree that the players should push back but the fans can create more change by not spending their money on this product. 

7 minutes ago, wnyfalconfan said:

Years ago the NHL had a scoring problem due to the league allowing players to clutch and grab. Scoring plummeted. It resulted in a ton of 2-1, 3-1, 2-0 games. It made the game boring because hockey should be wide open with high scores. The fans pushed back by not spending their money on a bad product. The league responded by changing the rules. The game became better and the NHL hasn't looked back. I agree that the players should push back but the fans can create more change by not spending their money on this product. 

Yeah but the NHL changed the product in general, the problem wasn't bad reffing costing teams games it was the style the players were coached to play. It's like saying the NFL refs will now call each and every PI and defensive holding as soon as they make contact with the Offensive player. That's fine, but they still blow the easy calls for TDs, out of bounds, catches, etc etc. 

38 minutes ago, mtldirtybird said:

Yeah but the NHL changed the product in general, the problem wasn't bad reffing costing teams games it was the style the players were coached to play. It's like saying the NFL refs will now call each and every PI and defensive holding as soon as they make contact with the Offensive player. That's fine, but they still blow the easy calls for TDs, out of bounds, catches, etc etc. 

I understand what you're saying. What I'm trying to get at is that if you affect the bottom line of billionaires they will work to change what's happening. They could make the rule book less convoluted to help make it easier for the refs to get calls right. This is a new problem for the NFL. Fans continuing to spend their money on this product while complaining about it isn't going to sway the league to change

1 hour ago, caponine said:

Seemed like he was fined for this tweet but maybe this is what itll take for change. Players finally taking a stand. More and more may come forward 

I wouldn't be too quick to say that. If he get some calls going his way, it's because they're playing us.

1 hour ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I wouldn't be too quick to say that. If he get some calls going his way, it's because they're playing us.

but just overall , refs make mistakes but they are costing teams games with these obvious calls smh , maybe fans and players should ban together  

31 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

The NFL is just crap now. It is what it is. Refs have zero accountability. Fining someone for this tweet makes zero ******* sense.

its stupid af, it just goes to show that they are trying to silence the truth  

Iron Saint and NeonDeion like this

7 minutes ago, caponine said:

but just overall , refs make mistakes but they are costing teams games with these obvious calls smh , maybe fans and players should ban together  

My take is that they're not making mistakes. They're doing it deliberately. People come to their defense saying that they're human. 

Peteshweddy and Iron Saint like this

2 hours ago, wnyfalconfan said:

2 hours ago, mtldirtybird said:

Yes, that is true, but rules were also changed. They came out with a rule saying that hitting or grabbing any player not in the area of the puck would result in a 2-minute interference penalty. They also got rid of the 2-line pass rule so you could have passes from 1 end of the ice to the other. Previously a pass couldn't cross multiple lines or it resulted in a stoppage. They also made the goalie pads smaller to create more open space in front of the net. That allowed coaches to come up with more wide open offenses.

wnyfalconfan likes this

It's an odd place the league is in. They want the game to be safer, which it can't be without major changes. No one wants major changes because they don't want changes to the game. So the league is slowing the games down with too many penalties and trying to make guys safer. It doesn't appear the players want the game to be safer. The league should note that.

3 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

No that video does not show the hit Matt Shaub laid on a ref during his first tenure here. He's bloodied him up lol.

1 hour ago, Faithful Falcon said:

My take is that they're not making mistakes. They're doing it deliberately. People come to their defense saying that they're human. 

Or Like last week... We can't blame the refs because we lost... Or we made mistakes (every team does, including the winning team! Such a BS excuse), or don't leave it up to the refs(when it actually always comes down to them in the NFL, the games are so close) , or those 3 bad calls didn't cost us the game. Fans always excuse it away!! When like last week, they took 3 possessions away from us. In a tight game, that makes a huge difference! They control games that people don't even fuss about ,by letting things slide more for one team than the other. They literally have the ability to decide how the game goes and who wins. Their impact is so overlooked and underestimated. Those three missed on us last week, weren't even questionable.

Edited by THEHEADCOACH

4 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Or Like last week... We can't blame the refs because we lost... Or we made mistakes (every team does, including the winning team), or don't leave it up to the refs(when it actually always comes down to them in the NFL, the games are so close) , or those three bad calls didn't cost is the game. Fans always excuse it away!! When like last week, they took 3 possessions away from us. In a tight game, that makes a huge difference! They control games that people down even fuss about by letting things slide move for one team than the other. They literally have the ability to decide how tehe game goes and who wins. Their impact is so overlooked and underestimated.

Yeah, "can't blame the refs" gets tossed around even when it's one-sided. That Cardinals game officiating was atrocious and straight up cost us the win. I'm fine with it overall, since I barely watched and want the team to get a good draft pick, but it was horrendous. The biggest difference between our game and the Lions/Packers game was one being prime time.

Lowndesfalc likes this

2 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Yeah, "can't blame the refs" gets tossed around even when it's one-sided. That Cardinals game officiating was atrocious and straight up cost us the win. I'm fine with it overall, since I barely watched and want the team to get a good draft pick, but it was horrendous. The biggest difference between our game and the Lions/Packers game was one being prime time.

They got us in the Superbowl too. When the Pats couldn't do nothing, out the flags started coming. Shannon Sharpe even said he saw 14 obvious penalties in the second half of that game on the Patriots, that had to be called. He said even if they only called half of those, because they probably wouldn't them all,the Falcons win easily. But they called nothing.

14 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

If the Lions score touchdowns instead of kicking field goals they win.

6 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

They got us in the Superbowl too. When the Pats couldn't do nothing, out the flags started coming. Shannon Sharpe even said he saw 14 obvious penalties in the second half of that game on the Patriots, that had to be called. He said even if they only called half of those, because they probably wouldn't them all,the Falcons win easily. But they called nothing.

If the Falcons score more than just 7 points in the entire 2nd half of that Super Bowl they win.

46 minutes ago, Panda said:

No that video does not show the hit Matt Shaub laid on a ref during his first tenure here. He's bloodied him up lol.

It was the first one that popped up for me on YouTube. My bad.