How Bad is the cap situation going forward?

16 minutes ago, KCartledge85 said:

Cap sites currently projecting us as over the 2020 cap as currently constructed. Players like Hooper, Campbell, Freeman and Sanu probably won’t be back. Trufant could go as well. 

You can’t pay everyone, and Falcons ready have massive deals in place for Ryan, Julio, Grady and Jones.

They will probably keep Hooper and Mack. Everybody else good riddance.

43 minutes ago, Steel City Falcon said:

I’m just curious. I keep hearing/seeing people talk about how bad the cap situation will be for the Falcons over the next couple of years. I guess I’m not as in-tune with the team’s salary cap situation as other on the board. Will this team be handcuffed over the next couple of years or what?

According to OTC, we're at -$8.0M in 2020, with only 40 players on the roster. Something will have to give. Cuts and/or bad restructures. Likely a 2013 type purge on the horizon folks. With plenty holes to fill. Dimi's worst cap situation in 13 seasons. By far.

28 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

According to OTC, we're at -$8.0M in 2020, with only 40 players on the roster. Something will have to give. Cuts and/or bad restructures. Likely a 2013 type purge on the horizon folks. With plenty holes to fill. Dimi's worst cap situation in 13 seasons. By far.

It's probably better we wait until after Brady and Bellicheck retire before we make another super bowl run anyways. I just don't think we have the mental toughness or IQ to beat them.