SoldMySoul

Hoop & Sanu with Weaksley

62 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, socalriseup said:

Trade beasley, trufant, and freeman.

Sanu is more valuable to us than what we would get in return. And if we traded Hooper I'd **** near turn my back on this franchise

If you are cutting Sanu anyway, a draft pick could help you secure Chase next draft...

6 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Really? Cuz he’s 24 with a great skill set having a career year in a market that doesn’t have a lot of talent. The other great TE’s never saw free agency and were given extensions prior to free agency so yeah I’m pretty close there, Ovie. Supply and demand. 

And if he doesnt hit FA?

1 hour ago, Cheap Talk said:

TEs do not cost that much. He will get $9-10M.

Kelce, Ertz and Gronk never saw free agency. They were extended prior to FA. No such extension given to Hooper. TE’s are not just put there growing on trees. Someone’s gonna pay him a lot of money. Having a great year at age 24 helps a lot. Someone will pay a lot of money for him due to TE market. 

Cheap Talk likes this

Just now, Ovie_Lover said:

So every player that doesn't go to FA should fire the agent?

Agents who aren’t focused on getting the player the most money in a sport where tomorrow isn’t guaranteed is, in fact, a moron. Hooper has the chance to break the bank you just can’t see it cuz he plays for your favorite team and you WANT him to continue playing here and taking some kind of discount. Why would he do that? Cuz he’s loves Atlanta so much? That’s not how business works which at the end of the day this is business. 

If Hooper takes less money it’s to be with New England not Atlanta let’s be honest. He won’t be here next year and that’s ok.

9 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Agents who aren’t focused on getting the player the most money in a sport where tomorrow isn’t guaranteed is, in fact, a moron. Hooper has the chance to break the bank you just can’t see it cuz he plays for your favorite team and you WANT him to continue playing here and taking some kind of discount. Why would he do that? Cuz he’s loves Atlanta so much? That’s not how business works which at the end of the day this is business. 

Or they sign because an in season injury means less money at the end of the year.

I never said he'd take a discount clown. Just dont think he gets paid more than Graham or Kelce.

Just now, Ovie_Lover said:

Or they sign because an in season injury means less money at the end of the year.

I never said he'd take a discount clown. Just dont think he gets paid more than Graham or Kelce.

K

48 minutes ago, k-train said:

Yes I am taking that into account. There won't be a $38M+ difference between the this year's cap hits for Ryan, Julio, etc. and what they will be next season. Also remember the cap will likely go up another $10M next year. That plus not having the cap hits from the players I listed earlier creates close to $50M in cap space compared to where we are right now. Consider we may opt out of Neal's 5th year option & we have even more room. There will be more than enough to handle the deals in place & an extension for Hooper.

Go look up our 2020 cap space on the Internet. We’re currently over.

On 10/18/2019 at 6:18 PM, pzummo said:

You don’t trade Hooper. He’s developed a very nice connection with Ryan. We’ve struggled at TE enough seasons since Gonzo retired.

Personally, I wouldn’t trade Sanu either. 

I’d dump Sanu in a heartbeat for a good trade. He is only getting older and we have Jones and Ridley.