Champford

Beasley on trading block

216 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Vandy said:

So you don’t Think all that reeks of a possible coaching problem? :ninja:

who kept trotting Beasley/Riley/Richards out there last year? You guys blamed Manual for all that, but he’s gone. So now it’s the ‘ghost of manual’ sending Beasley/Ish/Campbell out there every week? 

Some of this is just me messin’ Ergo. You’re my guy. But I do feel you’re in denial if you don’t see Quinn as a big part of the current problem. 

Never said he wasn’t… 

If our coverages were better maybe we see something and I agree on not playing Neasman.

We were hitched to Beasley either way. 

Manuel  was never gonna be the solution if players can’t be coached properly.

I have always maintained that Quinn would eventually get fired without results, even if I think certain players would do better if their “brother“ was doing his job...

You can’t say it’s all on Quinn or it’s not on Quinn and ignore these players. These are professionals.

That said, even Sark was a good portion of the 2017 issues  with the offense and in particular in the red zone.

What’s funny about all that is even Ryan had a good year but his stats were down. Now, all you hear is Matt is a garbage stats quarterback. He can’t win for losing; literally! 

So yeah maybe coaching ultimately is what will fix this and we have a quick rebound. 

Edited by Ergo Proxy
Vandy likes this

11 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Never said he wasn’t… 

If our coverages were better maybe we see something and I agree on not playing Neasman.

We were hitched to Beasley either way. 

Manuel  was never gonna be the solution if players can’t be coached properly.

I have always maintained that Quinn would eventually get fired without results, even if I think certain players would do better if their “brother“ was doing his job...

You can’t say it’s all on Quinn or it’s not on Quinn and ignore these players. These are professionals.

That said, even Sark was a good portion of the 2017 issues  with the offense and in particular in the red zone.

What’s funny about all that is even Ryan had a good year but his stats were down. Now, all you hear is Matt is a garbage stats quarterback. He can’t win for losing; literally! 

So yeah maybe coaching ultimately is what will fix this and we have a quick rebound. 

Quinn was given every opp to fix the defense, 5 years and counting and here we are.....these are his players, and his team. 

I have thought for some time the HC was a bigger problem than you or most of board did. This year confirmed it. 

Schwarzwald and Flying Falcon like this

5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Quinn was given every opp to fix it, 5 years and counting and here we are.....these are his players, and his team. 

I have thought for some time the HC was a big problem. This year confirmed it. 

Yep.

The stupid thing is we were probably a better team in 2017 without all the overturn at offensive coordinator PLUS Kyle’s staff.

Tired of these defensive head coaches that leave instability at OC while Matt gets them promoted.

Flying Falcon and Vandy like this

Quinn appears to be just another guy like Mularkey & Koetter:

Leave a good unit that was full of reliable players and become head coach of another team without as much talent. Kyle at least has been able to identify enough talent to keep his offense running at a good clip out in San Francisco.

The difference? John Lynch knows defense as a GM! 

Part of our problem is definitely personnel... 

vitaman, Vandy and Flying Falcon like this

The sad thing is that there is going to be a GM / coach who really wanted him back in 2015, and they'll wind up giving us a 3rd round pick because they think Beasley still has untapped potential.

Flying Falcon likes this

22 hours ago, Vandy said:

Quinn was given every opp to fix the defense, 5 years and counting and here we are.....these are his players, and his team. 

I have thought for some time the HC was a bigger problem than you or most of board did. This year confirmed it. 

Yep. Quinn is an imposter.

Vandy likes this

21 hours ago, virginiafalcon said:

The sad thing is that there is going to be a GM / coach who really wanted him back in 2015, and they'll wind up giving us a 3rd round pick because they think Beasley still has untapped potential.

Please explain to me how that's sad.

8 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Nobody wants Beasley. Nobody.

Sure, he’s poor against the run and can’t pressure the QB, but someone must be in the market for a DE who you can drop into coverage.

Thats at the top of every DC’s wish list!

On 10/18/2019 at 4:52 PM, Mescalito said:

What could we possibly get for him?  A 7th maybe?

He’s not worth a draft pick? We might get a bag of Tom Brady special inflated balls signed by Tom Brady himself?