Champford

Beasley on trading block

216 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

The most appropriate response, it applies in all scenarios! Just like Vic playing multiple positions instead of just being exclusively a pass rusher:

CDC49103-F574-43BA-89A1-3177874179E4.jpeg.27d859fcb0709bb72cadab6e0f022dff.jpeg

Man, this guy here. I KNEW he was bullishtting about coaching Vic up. I KNEW IT!!! Quinn is a bullishtter. Dude, really is clueless. Dude basically bet his career here in Beasley, now he's trading his career away. LOL!!!!!! CLUELESS!!!

WHO DO THAT?!?!?!???

ya_boi_j likes this

2 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Man, this guy here. I KNEW he was bullishtting about coaching Vic up. I KNEW IT!!! Quinn is a bullishtter. Dude, really is clueless. Dude basically bet his career here in Beasley, now he's trading his career away. LOL!!!!!! CLUELESS!!!

To be fair, Vic avoided DQ after we were on hook to $13M...

Only showed up for mandatory offseason..,

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

You may be right. He didn’t put up any numbers until after we acquired Bruce Irvin...

After being 4-4...

I just checked. 1 sack and 6 tackles at that point last season. Couldn’t find the pressures. I’m sure that other dude won’t show up in the thread again. That’s one of the things we fail at as fans. Teams trade for players based on how they value the player, not how fans value players. If a team feels they can use the player effectively, they won’t mind giving up a pick like that. On the other side, the team shipping the player out has a certain value in their head and in some situations they just say to **** with it and take what they can get. If a team like Pittsburgh for example feels he can be beneficial, they may not mind giving up a 3rd or 4th for him. Not saying it will happen. That’s just how it is. 

Flying Falcon and Schwarzwald like this

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I just checked. 1 sack and 6 tackles at that point last season. Couldn’t find the pressures. I’m sure that other dude won’t show up in the thread again. That’s one of the things we fail at as fans. Teams trade for players based on how they value the player, not how fans value players. If a team feels they can use the player effectively, they won’t mind giving up a pick like that. On the other side, the team shipping the player out has a certain value in their head and in some situations they just say to **** with it and take what they can get. If a team like Pittsburgh for example feels he can be beneficial, they may not mind giving up a 3rd or 4th for him. Not saying it will happen. That’s just how it is. 

Rams traded for Dante Fowler; a 3rd and a 5th to JAX:

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/10/30/18043718/dante-fowler-trade-rams-jaguars

We could still get a 3rd.

Flying Falcon and ya_boi_j like this

5 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Then why didnt Quinn get after his as? Should have went after him. Both knew Quinn put his career here on the line for him. And this is how Vic responds? Repays Quinn? Quinn is clueless. He should have seen the type of player Vic was his 1st 4 seasons here.

vitaman likes this

12 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

865185182.0.jpg

"He gonna love me or hate me."

DsXrjv9VAAAvqxv.jpg

"Coach, I'll never hate you. There isnt a hateful bone in my body. And you got me my 12.8 million. I could never hate you. I Love You, Coach!!"

865185182.0.jpg

"Then show me."

DsXrjv9VAAAvqxv.jpg

Schwarzwald and Iron Saint like this

4 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Bet Quinn knew then and there he was done.

Between that and Takk not showing out like he did to start 2018?

Besides...he also counted on them working as upright; 2-point stance rushers...they both need to be on same side or on Grady’s side...

Get leads. Get out of this new base. Use Nickel. profit...

Ovie_Lover likes this

865185182.0.jpg

"He gonna love me or hate me."

DsXrjv9VAAAvqxv.jpg

"Coach, I'll never hate you. There isnt a hateful bone in my body. And you got me my 12.8 million. I could never hate you. I Love You, Coach!!"

Vic takes a measure of blame for being such a lame excuse for caring at all...

BUT our pass rush actually hasn’t been as bad as our coverage.

We have almost no coverage sacks.

Murray had 20 of his passes get out in 2 seconds or less.

Not many guys can sack a QB at that rate.

Teams look at film. If they see how bad our coverage is and how quickly the ball comes out? Might take a chance on Vic to a playoff needy team.

Flying Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, Flying Falcon said:

Say @Ergo Proxy , you do know this pic

DsXrjv9VAAAvqxv.jpg

was out before Quinn doubled down on Beasley, right? I bet Belichick wouldn't have tolerated this or even doubled down on this guy after this pic came out.

BB would have probably cut him before the game was over

RIGHT!!!! That's the difference between a HC and a coordinator. A HC wouldn't tolerated this type of behavior and dannnm sure wouldn't have rewarded it.

Yup. Honestly never thought about it that way

Flying Falcon likes this

5 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Even so, Vic isn’t without blame when Quinn could finally give him 100% as the DC... he hides from coach all off-season!

What does that say about him really caring about improving anyway? You would think a player would be motivated at least by their biggest potential payday of their career. 

I think Quinn can get a lot out of talented guys that buy in and actually learn and apply. Beasley just ain’t it. 

Even his all pro 2016, completely unsustainable hit to sack rate. 

Agree on Beasley..... but disagree on Quinn.

Besides Beasley, Takk/Senat/Oliver/Trufant have all struggled big time under him. Neal was struggling before he got hurt. As did Riley, Collins and Hageman before them. He’s not the D-whisperer/DL- guru board made him out to be. You guys still don’t understand that Quinn is a major part of what’s wrong with this team. 

40 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Besides Beasley, Takk/Senat/Oliver/Trufant have all struggled big time under him. Neal was struggling before he got hurt. As did Riley, Collins and Hageman before them. He’s not the D-guru/DL whisperer board made him out to be.

I have learned that whenever this board signs off on something,  that you need to go the opposite way.

Vandy likes this

20 hours ago, TheFalcoholic said:

Quinn holds the keys to the 53. We paid this dude as much money as we did with Quinn supposedly taking him under his wing, and now he's on the block? That falls right on Dan Quinn. This dude coached DLine and defense his whole career, and he put his stamp of approval all over VB44. Ray Lewis was 100% right about Vic. A lot of folks on here got pissed back then, but it was facts.

What did ray Lewis say?

43 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

I have learned that whenever this board signs off on something,  that you need to go the opposite way.

Very true. The Herd is always wrong FF. And these Lemmings were making Quinn sound like he was the next Belichick as recently as this past offseason. I Got into several arguments with knowledgeable posters trying to tell me he was the best coach in team history. He wasn’t then, and certainly isn’t now.

Wish I was wrong, but I just didn’t see him as anything like that. Frankly, the frozen fear I saw in DQ last quarter of SB 51 was very telling to me.

I believe you were one of the few who saw that too, yes? 

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Besides Beasley, Takk/Senat/Oliver/Trufant have all struggled big time under him. Neal was struggling before he got hurt. As did Riley, Collins and Hageman before them. He’s not the D-guru/DL whisperer board made him out to be. You guys still don’t understand that Quinn is a major part of what’s wrong with this team. 

I agree he is part of it.

Disagree on Neal pre-2018 injury. That’s rust if you talking this season.

Collins baked himself out of league. Hageman did himself in as well.

Tru was never an ideal scheme fit.

Takk produced as a rookie in 2017 and early in 2018 before our middle was gutted and attacked.

We are missing Neal terribly. The thumper. Good on TEs and in run support.

If anything. coverages were so bad; zone in particular, that pass rush hasn’t had a fair shake...

1 hour ago, Flying Falcon said:

Trouble is figuring out what the board is or is not signing off on!!:mmmhmm:

45 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I agree he is part of it.

Disagree on Neal pre-2018 injury. That’s rust if you talking this season.

Collins baked himself out of league. Hageman did himself in as well.

Tru was never an ideal scheme fit.

Takk produced as a rookie in 2017 and early in 2018 before our middle was gutted and attacked.

We are missing Neal terribly. The thumper. Good on TEs and in run support.

If anything. coverages were so bad; zone in particular, that pass rush hasn’t had a fair shake...

So you don’t Think all that reeks of a possible coaching problem? :ninja:

LOL my man, who kept trotting Beasley/Riley/Richards out there last year? You guys blamed Manual for all that, but he’s gone. So now it’s the ‘ghost of manual’ sending Beasley/Ish/Campbell out there every week? 

Some of this is just me messin’ Ergo. You’re my guy. But I do feel you’re in denial if you don’t see Quinn as a big part of the current problem.