Champford

Beasley on trading block

216 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

If the organization thinks a change of scenery will lead to Vic producing, doesn’t that pretty much admit our coaching sucks, can’t utilize his talents and needs to change?

I think it means they're trying to verbally increase his trade value. Ever sell a used car? Like that...

I just don't get how people somehow feel he doesn't care or work hard. Sports fans are detestable when it comes to players. "Care" about the team, but just **** on the humans that are on the team.

7 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

I just don't get how people somehow feel he doesn't care or work hard. Sports fans are detestable when it comes to players. "Care" about the team, but just **** on the humans that are on the team.

In the time he's been here there hasn't been much improvement in his game and there is no disputing that the dude is gifted athletically and talented for sure. But hard work always beats talent when talent doesn't work hard and it looks like he doesn't work hard at his craft on his own time, which is what separates the elite from the rest of the pack. So he deserves that label imo as we believe what we see.

1 hour ago, Duff_Man said:

How is someone voicing their opinion qualify as ****ting on someone? 

Are they supposed to be just fine with a guy who has only gotten worse over the past seasons? The dude has done absolutely nothing to improve himself. 

This comment really baffled me until I saw who posted it. 

1 hour ago, Bunchy Carter said:

I think it means they're trying to verbally increase his trade value. Ever sell a used car? Like that...

That’s like trying to convince the Benz dealership your 2002 C class that don’t run right still has good trade value though.

I wonder how much we’d have to give up for another team to take him? I’d be ok with a 3rd rounder 

17 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Things we may get in a trade for Beasley:

P0.jpg

823b1a87-ff0e-4551-b515-284109fb3923.JPG

Size 12, I'd take the airmaxes in a heart beat 

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

For a young player, that messes up their mechanics. Quinn’s misuse of Beasley is big reason I started questioning his defensive cred in ‘17.

Even so, Vic isn’t without blame when Quinn could finally give him 100% as the DC... he hides from coach all off-season!

What does that say about him really caring about improving anyway? You would think a player would be motivated at least by their biggest potential payday of their career. 

I think Quinn can get a lot out of talented guys that buy in and actually learn and apply. Beasley just ain’t it. 

Even his all pro 2016, completely unsustainable hit to sack rate. 

JDaveG, Vandy and Bunchy Carter like this

22 minutes ago, Malachore said:

How is someone voicing their opinion qualify as ****ting on someone? 

Are they supposed to be just fine with a guy who has only gotten worse over the past seasons? The dude has done absolutely nothing to improve himself. 

This comment really baffled me until I saw who posted it. 

Yea lol

Malachore and Flying Falcon like this

17 hours ago, Mescalito said:

What could we possibly get for him?  A 7th maybe?

Not much, although I hope for better than a 7th.  32 teams know about him not showing up after DQ said he would work with him personally.  That is some serious attitude.  If he goes to the Pats, he will be cut like Antonio Brown.  If he goes to the Saints, he will become a defensive demon.  He simply cannot play without a boot up his ***.

18 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Should have gotten rid of him last year when he possibly had more value. Would be surprised if they got anything higher than a 3rd for him, which would be a win with good scouting 

a THIRD??? who the **** would give us a 3rd for him? who would give us literally any pick? a 7th round pick would be a win. This dude is literally one of the worst players in the league

2 minutes ago, McSpanker said:

a THIRD??? who the **** would give us a 3rd for him? who would give us literally any pick? a 7th round pick would be a win. This dude is literally one of the worst players in the league

Now read the post again and show me where I said someone would ACTUALLY trade a 3rd or higher for him. 

Schwarzwald likes this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Now read the post again and show me where I said someone would ACTUALLY trade a 3rd or higher for him

You said you'd be surprised if we got higher than a 3rd for him. Implying a 3rd,4th,5th round pick would not be surprising.

Do you think he was put on the trade block to make him realize he has little value and he has 10 games to turn around his career? 

2 minutes ago, McSpanker said:

You said you'd be surprised if we got higher than a 3rd for him. Implying a 3rd,4th,5th round pick would not be surprising.

No that’s going off the rumors from last season, which is why I said should have gotten rid of him last year when he had more value. Was it not rumored that they were offered a 3rd rounder last year with similar production at this point?

Ovie_Lover likes this

15 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t that rumor with similar production?

You may be right. He didn’t put up any numbers until after we acquired Bruce Irvin...

After being 4-4...

ya_boi_j likes this

1 minute ago, Flying Falcon said:

Have we traded him yet?

DsXrjv9VAAAvqxv.jpg

We're ALL waiting.

The most appropriate response, it applies in all scenarios! Just like Vic playing multiple positions instead of just being exclusively a pass rusher:

CDC49103-F574-43BA-89A1-3177874179E4.jpeg.27d859fcb0709bb72cadab6e0f022dff.jpeg

Flying Falcon likes this