Champford

Beasley on trading block

216 posts in this topic

Watch Beasley do well with better coaching and having not to be the guy. It is wild DQ put so much of his rep on him. What did DQ say " VB is not going to like him." Yes he is. DQ got him 13m that ain't chicken feed. Really VB is a GREAT GUY, the kind of guy some would let marry their daughter. He is a Christian and that is of utmost importance. but this FO should have got the 3rd last year. Think of what we could have done with the 13 million.

TD is like AB's son he will stay again. That is not so bad. I just wish he doesn't have so much influence on the Draft and players. Some think he doesn't but he does have some. It is hard to go against the Boss son. Get a STRONG GM and Coach who won't bow to TD and put TD in another capacity wherr he doesn't have ANY influence with picking and drafting the team. AB will make sure he is well paid.

2 hours ago, LouDog said:

Ive been told if you want to make a sandwich that tastes just like chick fila, marinate a chicken breast in pickle juice and then bread it and fry it. I haven't tried it yet but a lot of people swear that's what is different about their sandwiches

I've heard pancake batter.

1 hour ago, atljbo said:

We was offered a 3 last year if I remember correctly.... I'm not trading dude for no late round pick....  

If I can't get a 3rd or 4th for vic or sanu..   I'm riding it out

hey man...Vic is gonna put a playoff contender needing (???) over the top. Change of scenery! Here is your SB chance:

two 1sts!!! Are you “ALL IN” or not?CDC49103-F574-43BA-89A1-3177874179E4.jpeg.27d859fcb0709bb72cadab6e0f022dff.jpeg

atljbo and Flying Falcon like this

15 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

hey man...Vic is gonna put a playoff contender needing (???) over the top. Change of scenery! Here is your SB chance:

two 1sts!!! Are you “ALL IN” or not?CDC49103-F574-43BA-89A1-3177874179E4.jpeg.27d859fcb0709bb72cadab6e0f022dff.jpeg

You forgot the 4th rounder... Two 1st and a 4th rounder #brothership

Schwarzwald likes this

3 minutes ago, atljbo said:

You forgot the 4th rounder... Two 1st and a 4th rounder #brothership

Might as well trade him straight up for Bill Belicheck

atljbo and Schwarzwald like this

I  Hope the FO doesn't blame this all on  VIC because it is not all his fault and they have a few of other players who are under performing and DQ continues to stick with them. But the truth of the matter DQ has not been the DC that he has a rep for. DQ is not the talent evaluator or motivator he thinks he is. DQ is also very stubborn. I betSomewhere MM, Cox, Feeney, Alford. Sark, Hage etc are feeling  Vindicated.

8 minutes ago, Gold4425 said:

I  Hope the FO doesn't blame this all on  VIC because it is not all his fault and they have a few of other players who are under performing and DQ continues to stick with them. But the truth of the matter DQ has not been the DC that he has a rep for. DQ is not the talent evaluator or motivator he thinks he is. DQ is also very stubborn. I betSomewhere MM, Cox, Feeney, Alford. Sark, Hage etc are feeling  Vindicated.

Have any of the players and coaches you mentioned been succesful elsewhere? Quinn isn't a good defensive coordinator but Beasley doesnt put the effort into the game to be succesful. He had the tools just doesnt have the drive

Edited by LouDog
FalconJim likes this

Beasley’s most promising season was actually his rookie year. Dude won pass rush snaps against Peters, Williams, then Tyron Smith. During the second half of 2016, even during the “breakout”, I saw what he really was

I was 100% certain we would not extend the fifth year option to him. When we did, that certainty was about DQ losing his job

FalconJim and vitaman like this

I think a trade would be good for both parties....sometime, a change of scenery can be a spark for a player!  Who knows, a new team/coaching staff might bring him back from the dead.  I mean, if we could get a 4th or better for him, I'd be all-in!!!  

5 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Things we may get in a trade for Beasley:

P0.jpg

823b1a87-ff0e-4551-b515-284109fb3923.JPG

That's pretty rich and we would be robbing someone, I was expecting...

JS144131092.jpg

5 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Should have gotten rid of him last year when he possibly had more value. Would be surprised if they got anything higher than a 3rd for him, which would be a win with good scouting 

This, we'll be lucky to land a 5th now. 

The fact that Beasley is on the trading block speaks volumes about DQ's dim future as the HC. Duke Riley is another player that he beamed over and is in Philly now.

vitaman likes this

4 minutes ago, ThemDarnFalconsBoy! said:

The fact that Beasley is on the trading block speaks volumes about DQ's dim future as the HC. Duke Riley is another player that he beamed over and is in Philly now.

It doesn't pay to 'Rile-y The Duke'. 

Toss GIF - Burrito Gymnast Olympics - Discover & Share GIFs

6 hours ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Could be. But I’ll be pissed if they fire Quinn and TD is allowed to stay. No GM should get 3 cracks at hiring a head coach. 

Don't agree w/ your assessment. Mike smith was an incredible hire. He may have worn out his welcome, but he turned this ship around and made us relevant again. He has EXACTLY what we needed after Pigtrino.

Also, you can only hire whoever is available. Look at the Head Coaching hires for 2015:

Dan Quinn

Rex Ryan

Gary Kubiak (Who we had no Shot at)

Todd Bowles

John Fox

Jim Tomsula

Jack Del Rio 

We landed the hottest name on the market at the time. A guy who everyone thought was clearly the right pick for us. Cant blame TD for it not working out these last 2 years.

Also, TD, IMO, has clearly demonstrated that he is building rosters based heavily on coaches input. Look at the differences in drafting between the Smith regime and the Quinn regime. Night and Day. I dont see how you fault him for this roster under-performing, especially when 90% of the fans and media said this was a championship caliber roster before the season. If anything, his only real faults are remaining too loyal to home-grown talent (Though I suspect that's more on AB than TD).

Edited by RubberDucky

12 hours ago, Knight of God said:

He’s worth a 5th or 6th based on potential and system. We used him right in 2016 and haven’t since. 

For a young player, that messes up their mechanics. Quinn’s misuse of Beasley is big reason I started questioning his defensive cred in ‘17.